The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wow! LBT 10 was like that?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 2 2007 on  10:37 PM

Bron probably fell into depression, just like Littlefoot did. Perhaps Bron forgot about asking directions because of his loss and his guilt about leaving in the first place. And when you don't think about something for a long time, it can disappear from your mind, or be pushed far back into your mind. This probably happened to Bron.

OK, I'd really think this would be a good idea for a fabric, or even possibly a flashback in the upcoming film.

Maybe someone should do fanaart on it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Almaron,Sep 9 2009 on  04:13 AM

Maybe the beauty of the valley in the flashback is Bron's memory. It really would have made more sense if the land was dangerous.
So, Bron is messing with us?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Dec 7 2005 on  10:17 AM
I finally got to see 10, and I'm at a loss for words.

Reason why, is because from what I've heard about it, it's rather underrated to me.  

One thing I found incredibly interesting is Shorty.  From what I heard, I was expecting something rather kind and simple.  I was surprised when I found Shorty was a, dare I say it, bully.  T
1. What? A lot of people, from what I know, seem to consider it the best.

2. Short---kind and simple?? Where did you hear that???  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

One thing I found incredibly interesting is Shorty.  From what I heard, I was expecting something rather kind and simple.  I was surprised when I found Shorty was a, dare I say it, bully.
I'm really curious to know how much you knew about Shorty and who told you he wasn't a jerk.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How do I delete these posts? I'm sorry I made so many. It's just frustrating never getting an answer.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 9 2006 on  08:54 AM

With what I heard, he got back just as "The Great Earthshake" hit.  From that perspective, I can not blame Bron for not finding them, especially with the fact the nest was gone.  That earthquake was HUGE!  It even beats the one in LBT 9.  The trail they would make would be destroyed far too easily by "The Great Earthshake."  With the idea of the trail most likely destroyed, it was simple enough to understand why he couldn't find them right away.

So it wasn't the same one in the original?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

One thing I found incredibly interesting is Shorty.  From what I heard, I was expecting something rather kind and simple.  I was surprised when I found Shorty was a, dare I say it, bully.
what?? how much did you know about him and who told you about him????

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

With what I heard, he got back just as "The Great Earthshake" hit. From that perspective, I can not blame Bron for not finding them, especially with the fact the nest was gone. That earthquake was HUGE! It even beats the one in LBT 9.
:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I finally got to see 10, and I'm at a loss for words.

Reason why, is because from what I've heard about it, it's rather underrated to me.  

"underrated"? Shorty, "kind and simple"?? Where are you getting your info? Is someone trolling you?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

With what I heard, he got back just as "The Great Earthshake" hit.  From that perspective, I can not blame Bron for not finding them, especially with the fact the nest was gone.  That earthquake was HUGE!  It even beats the one in LBT 9.
Um...so you're saying it wasn't the one in the original? It's obvious that one wasn't as big as the one in LBT 9, why are you comparing it to it, then??

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated no one wants to respond to me.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Replying to posts that are 10 years old could be the reason you're getting no responses....just a thought. ;)

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
ok. I admit my frustration is being a few years too late.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 5 2015 on  09:33 PM
Replying to posts that are 10 years old could be the reason you're getting no responses....just a thought. ;)
Well, is the fact that I wasn't there right when they were posted a good enough reason to not get answers, though?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Aug 13 2015 on  01:24 AM
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 5 2015 on  09:33 PM
Well, is the fact that I wasn't there right when they were posted a good enough reason to not get answers, though?
The fact that you're making so many responses is probably a turn off to anyone coming into this topic. There's thirteen responses from you in a row before Petrie said something. That's quite a lot.

I understand if you're frustrated no one is replying, but you can't make someone reply to you, especially by constantly making more and more posts. All you're going to do is make people even less willing to reply to you.

All I can tell you is simply be patient and wait. If no one responds, then there really isn't anything you can do.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Or maybe PM the member you want a response from. That way you'll at least make sure they notice your questions (if they're still active here, that is of course)... but posting several times in a row is not going to work as Dark Hououmon told you.
Inactive, probably forever.

LBTF

• Ruby
    • View Profile
You forgot two very important things, Malte279:
1) when Bron left, Mama Longneck was pregnant - Bron says "I knew we were going to HAVE a child" meaning that she had not given birth yet. A pregnant Longneck would be a colossal risk to travel with, especially as it was just Bron alone; if she got hurt or went into labour on the journey, she'd be a big risk - the noise would attract predators from miles around. Or, what if from lack of food on the journey, she lost the baby? Or what if Bron got injured and couldn't protect her and she died when attacked? Yes, where she was would have been dangerous, but there were lots of Longnecks around to protect them until they got separated by the Earthshakes.

2) Bron doesn't KNOW Littlefoot is alive; he stumbles across him by sheer accident. He mentions that he met someone who was able to tell him what had happened to Littlefoot's mother, but could not say whether Littlefoot was alive. For all Bron knew, his child had died some time after being born. Bron knows the child was born, because he says that he searched for Littlefoot, and Bron would probably know when his child was conceived and due to be born, but he doesn't know if the child lived/escaped a Sharptooth, etc.

Over time, he gets a herd and doesn't find Littlefoot. As he has a herd and no definitive status of his child's existence, he goes on with the herd; safety in numbers, no-one else to look out for, etc.

Bron has to work on the basis of "My child was born, but his mother died. An infant doesn't have any chance against a sharptooth, so he must be dead".

THAT is why Bron doesn't come to the Great Valley before. It's a complete accident that Bron even finds Littlefoot at all!

As well as this, Grandma and Grandpa and Littlefoot's mother and Littlefoot himself are referred to as "Longnecks"; Bron is NOT. Maybe he's a different species that wouldn't be classified as a Longneck? Maybe a Camarasaurus or something? And that is why he didn't have the sleep story - he's NOT a proper Longneck!

Or, he's got his herd to look out for and didn't find Littlefoot. Or Grandma and Grandpa Longneck thought Bron was dead -- Grandpa is shocked to see him in 10, so it's plausible.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome to the GOF :)
1) when Bron left, Mama Longneck was pregnant - Bron says "I knew we were going to HAVE a child" meaning that she had not given birth yet. A pregnant Longneck would be a colossal risk to travel with, especially as it was just Bron alone; if she got hurt or went into labour on the journey, she'd be a big risk - the noise would attract predators from miles around. Or, what if from lack of food on the journey, she lost the baby? Or what if Bron got injured and couldn't protect her and she died when attacked? Yes, where she was would have been dangerous, but there were lots of Longnecks around to protect them until they got separated by the Earthshakes.
I don't see how that would justify Bron's leaving his pregnant wife.
2) Bron doesn't KNOW Littlefoot is alive; he stumbles across him by sheer accident. He mentions that he met someone who was able to tell him what had happened to Littlefoot's mother, but could not say whether Littlefoot was alive. For all Bron knew, his child had died some time after being born. Bron knows the child was born, because he says that he searched for Littlefoot, and Bron would probably know when his child was conceived and due to be born, but he doesn't know if the child lived/escaped a Sharptooth, etc.
I disagree. For all Bron knew he didn't know anything about his child and there is absolutely no explanation whatsoever why he didn't go for the Great Valley which (according to the original movie) was where everyone was heading. Bron gave up without having taken the most reasonable step. Why he never went to the Valley remains unexplained. Just assuming for the own child to be dead without even being given any false information to base that assumption on seems like a rather cold hearted approach for a father to take, especially in combination with his not looking at the place where he must have known his wive was heading.

I may well be somewhat unfair in blaming Bron for all this. The truth comes down to the makers of LBT 10 not caring one bit about the original movie and continuity. When trying to apply any "in story explanations" however I really don't see how Bron's actions respectively lack of actions can be justified.

LBTF

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Oct 12 2015 on  10:58 AM
Welcome to the GOF :)
I don't see how that would justify Bron's leaving his pregnant wife.
I disagree. For all Bron knew he didn't know anything about his child and there is absolutely no explanation whatsoever why he didn't go for the Great Valley which (according to the original movie) was where everyone was heading. Bron gave up without having taken the most reasonable step. Why he never went to the Valley remains unexplained. Just assuming for the own child to be dead without even being given any false information to base that assumption on seems like a rather cold hearted approach for a father to take, especially in combination with his not looking at the place where he must have known his wive was heading.

I may well be somewhat unfair in blaming Bron for all this. The truth comes down to the makers of LBT 10 not caring one bit about the original movie and continuity. When trying to apply any "in story explanations" however I really don't see how Bron's actions respectively lack of actions can be justified.
It's implicitly clear why he'd leave her. She's a problem; she's pregnant, so she's slower; she's pregnant, so she'd need to eat more; she pregnant, so she'd need to sleep more.

And think of this - what chance DOES a tiny Longneck of Littlefoot's size have of surviving? If Bron DID jump to that conclusion (or the conclusion that littlefoot had fallen down the big hole and been in the nest at the time!), then it's a reason why.

As for why they didn't go to the Great Valley, Bron explains that too; he had a herd and that made them really safe. "Sharptooth only hunt in twos or threes and your friend Sue can handle that many herself". By that, Bron and the others were safe and didn't need to go there.