The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom hearts

Vaan360 · 70 · 7708

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I¥m note sure if there is any topic alredy related to Kingdom hearts, if there is I¥m sorry.

kingdom hearts it is just one of my favourites games ever,its fantastic, the fact that the game has disney and Squaresoft caracthers.
Sora;kairy,Rikku,their home is the island of FF X, there you find, Wakka, Tidus,and Selphie.
You will travel with Donald, and Goffy in your adventures, and you will find other caracthers from disney and Squaresoft, like Mickey the mouse,Pluto,Miney,pinoquio,Lion King(on K.H. II)Cloud, youfie, and many others caracthers.

You have like aeons, that are disneys caracthers, like Bamby,(the only one I can remenber now).

The story is also great, and you unlock very cool moves.

But for me, the best one was the Kingdom hearts II, I really want to play kingdom hearts III, but that wont happen anytime soon :(  :angry:  -_-

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
From what I heard, there is no Kingdom Hearts III. There'll be a few new titles, yes, but no Kingdom Hearts III, no continuation.

Here are the new KH games coming out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_Birth_by_Sleep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_coded

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, I saw all the traillers of those ones, but I¥m almost sure there will be a K.H III, me and a friend of mine saw traillers and everything.
But not just now, but later.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Actually, KHIII isn't officially out yet. The creator of the series i sjust busy with FFXIII right now.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
The only Kingdom Hearts games that are coming are the three already mentioned. Coded, Birth By Sleep and 358/2 Days. Kingdom Hearts III (If there will be one) won't probably be out for a very long time now, unless they surprise us soon.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Square also once said that Final Fantasy would be their final game, but looked how that panned out. Somehow I doubt Square will let KH just die yet.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
From what I've heard, Square Enix have announced a "KH3" project but not confirmed it. Coded, Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days are subsidiary titles spun off from KH2. They are stories moreso in to Organisation XIII and times before Sora became Keyblade master. Apparently, they are all due for release towards the end of the year. These games were already well in production probably in tandem with KH2 so while we were loving the Disney/Final Fantasy clash for a second time, Square Enix were already working on the 3 titles for portable consoles. Given that fact, if a KH3 project is in production, it's liable to have been in the making quite some time ago.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Sep 10 2008 on  10:28 PM
Square also once said that Final Fantasy would be their final game, but looked how that panned out. Somehow I doubt Square will let KH just die yet.
Correction, Final Fantasy was thought to be Square's final game PERIOD. Back in the NES days Square was a struggling company, delivering flop after flop and losing a lot of money. They called their latest game Final Fantasy as a symbolism because it would be the final nail to their coffin if it flopped.

But it was a massive success, leading them to become the company they are today. But yes, I agree that they may not let Kingdom Hearts go anytime soon.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No correction. That is what I said. Final Fantasy was thought to be the final FF game as well as the final Square game. I made no mistake. My point is that Square is in a very bad habit of never letting any series they can squeeze some profit out of die. If they deem KH to be profitable enough, there will be a third.
One must that, when push comes to shove, Square a company, and MUST make a profit by giving the fans what they want in order to stay in business.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Sep 13 2008 on  03:30 AM
From what I've heard, Square Enix have announced a "KH3" project but not confirmed it. Coded, Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days are subsidiary titles spun off from KH2. They are stories moreso in to Organisation XIII and times before Sora became Keyblade master. Apparently, they are all due for release towards the end of the year. These games were already well in production probably in tandem with KH2 so while we were loving the Disney/Final Fantasy clash for a second time, Square Enix were already working on the 3 titles for portable consoles. Given that fact, if a KH3 project is in production, it's liable to have been in the making quite some time ago.
You'd be right with that. This new KH game will be an entry in the main series, from what I hear. I even heard that at the end of Birth by Sleep they are going to show some sort of teaser trailer. I dunno if that's true, but I look forward to it.

The DS KH game will be out in about less than two weeks from now. Look forward to playing it.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Nine days left until 358/2 Days comes out. I can hardly wait! It will definately be intresting seeing the series from Organization 13's point of view. Just wish I knew when Birth By Sleep is coming out.

*Is playing KH2 right now*

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like one of those is coming out on the DS.  I've only played a bit of the gba kingdom hearts game.  It seemed like an interesting game, but the card system they used was a bit annoying.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Sep 20 2009 on  09:10 PM
Looks like one of those is coming out on the DS.  I've only played a bit of the gba kingdom hearts game.  It seemed like an interesting game, but the card system they used was a bit annoying.
358/2 Days is the one that will be for the DS.

I agree with you about Chain of Memories. I played the remake, Re:Chain of Memories, thinking it would be good. When I heard about the card system, I was skeptical but tried to be open-minded about it. It was even worse than I originally thought it'd be. Not to mention the levels were a real chore to go through. Not that the levels were hard. They were just very obnoxious and tiring. All in all, a very bland game with horrible graphics, hilariously bad voice acting(Listen to Riku ask where King Mickey is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvTJ_jIN4Gc )

Had I known Re:Chain of Memories would be so bad, I would have preferred one of the Final Mix games. At least those sound pretty good.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I heard that Birth By Sleep has been put on hold for the time being. Apparently Square Enix are a little concerned that they're gonna be releasing too many big name, high expectancy titles too close together. In light of which, they are now supposed to be releasing Birth by Sleep AFTER Final Fantasy 13! Problem being, FF13 isn't due to head our way until well into 2010! So, if what's been said is true, we won't be getting it any time soon.

358/2 Days looks good. I think we get it at the start of October over here. The US are liable to get it sooner. Guess that will fill the gap, at least for a while anyway ;)

DualXz

• Chomper
    • View Profile
In light of which, they are now supposed to be releasing Birth by Sleep AFTER Final Fantasy 13! Problem being, FF13 isn't due to head our way until well into 2010! So, if what's been said is true, we won't be getting it any time soon.

There I was on the mall seeing the new games, when I start seing the FF XIII trailer, really wasn't expecting it to come out 2010, and I think that only in Spring!

Anyway a question about it: Does the game as any caracthers from the previous one?(FF XII)
Cuz I believe I saw Ashe,Vaan and what it seems like Bash.

About the KH releases, thanks! I didnt had a clue when they were coming out.

Edit: This is Kingdom Hearts III right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd5L7b7Nfm0 - Kingdom hearts 3 opening video - PS3

I thought it hadn't been made yet.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry to burst your bubble there DualXz but that's not KH3. That is the secret ending trailer you get for clearing KH2 on either Hard Mode or getting 100% Jiminy's journal clearance. That is the trailer for Birth by Sleep. It's about the time BEFORE Sora became the keyblade master and when there was more than one (note all the keyblades about the place in the video). Apparently, these guys are called "Seekers". What they are in relation to humans, Heartless or Nobodies...no one knows as of yet. The tall knight you see is actually a bonus boss fight that you can do in Kingdom Heart 2 Final Mix + (Japanese release only I think). Terra I think his name is.

As for KH3 videos, nothing has been officially released yet. Apparently the head designer Tetsuya Nomora is working on the 3rd game of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series (i.e FF13, FF13 Agito and FF.vs.XIII). FF.vs.XIII is supposed to be utilising the KH engine (basically the mechanics of how KH works) with a character who looks suscipious like Roxas (unconfirmed rumour). So far, that is as close to KH3 as we are gonna get and there hasn't been word on development of this game for some time now. Nothing has been official announced but that's not to say nothing won't be mentioned in the near future. Here's to hoping eh? ;)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright so I just got 358/2 Days yesterday and was playing it during Study Hall. I have to admit, I really enjoy the game so far. It's fun getting to play as Roxas and watch him interact with the different Organization members. The missions are surprisingly short which is my only complaint so far(they might get longer as I progress). The graphics are a tad pixelated which I guess I can forgive since it is a handheld game. I would definately reccomend it. I'm only on Day 14 right now and so far so good.

Also if I may go a little OT, does anyone know if the Disney Store has any Kingdom Hearts merchandise? Just curious.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Oct 1 2009 on  12:12 AM
Also if I may go a little OT, does anyone know if the Disney Store has any Kingdom Hearts merchandise? Just curious.
I dunno about State side, but the Disney stores over this side of the Great Pond don't. I doubt they would really coz the characters for Kingdom Hearts (obviously besides all the Disney stuff) is owned by Square Enix including the music, storyline and scenario. Noticed there isn't a Kingdom Hearts zone in Disneyland's yet?!  :p 358/2 Days doesn't come out here until next friday but I know I'm gonna be upfront for that one. I've still got "The World Ends With You" to finish (another great Sqaure Enix RPG game for DS) ;)

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
God, these are fun games! Just reading this thread makes me wanna go dug out my old PS2 and play 'em again.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't wait to get 352/2 days,its too bad I won't be able to play it that much since my sister is the one with the DS and she's crazy about the new KH game. :(  :p

and yes I'm still holding on to my PS2, it still works like new, but it's odd that I haven't beaten KH1 yet,only 2 mainly because it was so easy.