The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Doctor Who

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Who here has seen Doctor Who?
Who likes the show?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like most of the classic series.  I've seen the new show, through about half way through season 3, but didn't like it to much, the writing that is, not the actors.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I prefer the 4th Doctor myself. Also, I agree. The classic series was better. But there are some good episodes in the new series. I also believe that the next season will be more like the original series.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The era I like best is from the 1st doctor through to about the time when Lela leaves.  And some elements of the 7th doctor and Ace, though not that bit where he's more then an ordinary time lord but some sort of time's champion, a god, or something that they were hinting at.  Jnt's era is my least favorite.

I did like 4th doctor stuff after Lela left.  I liked how the 1st Romana mentioned, maybe more then once, I'm not sure, how the doctor failed his first exit exam and bearly passed his second attempt, if I recall correctly.  I liked some stories of the 2nd Romana's first season, and some aspects of the 1st Romana.  

As for the new series, I watched it for 2.5 seasons and gave up on it.  To much of the writing I dislike.  Maybe a few seasons after the current guy leaves, but the bad elements that I dislike are likely to ingrained so I may just never watch the new series again.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never really caught on to the show.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Oct 3 2008 on  12:58 PM
I never really caught on to the show.
That is ok, not everyone will like everything.  Part of having variety is you'll like some stuff and not like some other stuff.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One thing I like about the new series; the Daleks can fly. The ridicule that has plagued the Daleks for so long finally ends. Today, stairs. Tomorrow, the universe.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They could go up stairs in their appearance in the 7th doctor's era.

Also I've usually never liked the daleks much.  The only person in the world I know since everyone one else loves them.  No Biggie though.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Doctor who??? :lol :lol :lol

(Bad joke, but its never been up on my list to watch.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That joke, and the series name, one could say, comes from the first episode.  

Ian says something like: "Doctor who? " they says something like "just what is his name", or something like that.  

There there is a spot in war machines where Wotan calls for Doctor Who.  I think during one of the episodes of the lost 2nd doctor's story The Highlanders he uses the German version of Doctor Who, for his name when asked for his name.    and I think the 7th doctor leaves a business card behind in a story with a question mark on it.  Who knows, Who may be part of his name like Romana is part of the name of one of the 4th doctor's companions, but not her entire name.

Though I do like certain eras of classic Dr Who, it does have flaws.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I started watching the show a while ago and it's good. The new doctor is better than David Tennant. Next weeks episode is one that is worth waiting for here's the trailer as well as the last bit of this weeks episode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DY8LKbLrhY

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You seen any of the classic show or do you only like the new series?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've just seen episodes of the new one. I haven't seen any episodes of the classic one.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They have a different feel from each other I'd say.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I saw my first episode yesterday, and it was the first episode with the 11th Doctor. And I liked it! I'll probably watch the newly-released ones so I'm up to speed and I'll continue following it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is the 11th doctor the current one or the previous one?  I know they have a new one.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
He's the new one. He;'s also apparently the youngest Doctor ever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I heard that.  Even  younger then Peter Davidson (dr 5), was when he first took the role.