The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Best Boss Batles

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Yup, pretty much what the title says.

Which do you consider the best boss battles?

My vote goes to - drums - Twilight Princess's Stallord!

Especially due to the use of the Spinner, and how the overall music changes according to the situation. Also, the boss is - is not easy, but not too hard - to beat because you have to time it out right.

Also, the colosseum has a minor glitch - although I don't think it can be considered as so, since you don't do anything. It causes the Spinner to have speed for very long, unlike outside where you almost need to be constantly spinning against the walls to have speed and keep spinning.

So? What are your favorite Boss Batles?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My favorite boss battles.. Ah, the memories this brings.

Culex- Super Mario RPG: The Legend Of the Seven Stars- Five bosses in one using all elements, healing, and instant death attacks? My kind of challenge.

Nash- Lunar: Silver Star Story- You are finally able to deflate his "I'm better than you attitude," here that he has been expressing from the beginning. This fight is well loved for sure.

Star Magician- Golden Sun: The Lost Age- See my Culex description.

Shadow Link- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link- He's just like you but more powerful? That is so not fair! But unfair battles are so much more fun than the even ones.

Final Form Sigma- Mega Man X3- Hey, I'm really good at the X series, but honestly, has anyone here gotten rid of at least a third of his health? It's kinda hard to defeat someone half the size of the room that attacks from all angles with blasts that take up a fourth of the room when you can be hurt from anywhere, but you have to land hits on his small head that doesn't always face you. I have never been so helpless in a boss battle in my life. If anyone here has beaten him without a code, please give me your address and I'll send you a check with as much money as you want in exchange for your autograph. Of course proof, like filming yourself doing it, would be required. I'm not THAT stupid.

Teepo- Breath of Fire III- See my Shadow Link description.

These are some of the best boss battles that I've gone through. Culex takes a long time but isn't too difficult. Nash is easy, but by the end of the game, EVERYONE is fed up and just really wants to wail on him. Star Magician is a long battle like Culex, but unlike Culex, Star Magician is very hard, because every time you beat one of his pwerful minions, he makes a new one. So you only have to kill the head guy, but that is still very difficult because you are pummled by four minions the entire battle with no other choice. Took me over a dozen tries to finally beat him. Shadow Link? He's simply Link with dark power. But he can beat me far more easily than vice versa. I always wonder why the bad guys have all the power and the good ones always need a strategy because rushing a boss is not recommened. Can't light have the raw power for a change? Final Sigma... I've played platformers since I was four. He will still not die. End of story. As for Teepo, I learn my dragon powers long before he knows he has them. Why is it that three years later, he can use his dragon powers to their full potential when I can barely scratch the surface? I mean, I thought I was powerful, but facing the dragon's true strength, I am a weakling. I needed a full party of three or I would have lost miserably. Do the bad guys learn faster then good ones? Apparently. Best boss battles can be hardest, longest, or even the funnest. These are the examples I have to offer. Later!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm really good at the X series, but honestly, has anyone here gotten rid of at least a third of his health?
Ya, i've beaten him without codes, i'll try and get a video up of me doing it if you really want.
[EDIT] k, got a video of it, i'll upload it tomorrw as i don't have time now, gonna go to bed soon.

As for best bosses...hmmmm well off the top of my head

Vergil - Devil May Cry 3 : Definately one of my favorite bosses ever, and the last time you fight him is actually quite hard. also, the music is awesome. Its been so long, i should play the game one day when i get the chance.

I can't think of any others right at this moment, i'll have to think on this.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
k, got the video up Friendly Sharptooth, and can view it from the Video Game Videos topic.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's one that doesn't require any magic, guns, or swords...

Guitar Hero 3

Dragonforce: Through Fire and Flames on EXPERT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BplIrU1Sdtc

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'd say fighting Sephiroth in whatever games you come across him in. Final Fantasy 7, Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core. He's a royal pain to fight unless you are appropriately levelled and even then he is no push over. I love FF7's final fight coz you get to see Cloud's Lvl 4 Limit Break...Omnislash :wow  :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I give honourable mention for the *worst* boss battle to Little big Planet, probably the most anticlimactic ending I've seen in awhile. :p :lol

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Legacy of Kain: Defiance. The battle against Raziel then Kain, playing as.... Kain then Raziel. Epic stuff.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ooooh, there are so many.

Loved fighting the Ninja in the first Metal Gear Solid game.

An old favorite is the Great White Shark in Ecco: Defender of Earth's Future. Not particularly difficult or epic, but I have fun with it :)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the battle between Cipher and Pixy from Ace Combat Zero.  You basically have to save the world from a madman who wants to destroy it with a big*** nuclear missile.  The misuc is also some of the best I've heard in any videogame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUumpdqLhaE

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
There are so many I enjoyed, but these are my favorite three:

1. Ganondorf/Ganon (Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time)
This to me is the ultimate boss battle. It was pretty challenging the first time I fought him, and every time I play him I come up with a twist to my strategy on beating him. In my opinion, he's the all time best villain of the Zelda series.

2. Sephiroth (Kingdom Hearts II)
Easily the most difficult boss in the game. If you can beat him, then you can beat everybody else. From the music to the almost one hit kills, Sephiroth is EXTREMELY HARD! It has always been recommended to wait until a  really high level, like 80 or 90, before fighting him. I tried fighting him at 40, and it took me maybe 50 times before I got past the halfway mark. He is challenging, but so much fun to fight.

3. Three Headed Dragon (Golden Sun: Lost Age)
So the Wise One neglects to tell you that he made a three headed dragon out of Isaac's dad and Jenna's parents. What are you going to do? Try to fight it of course! This boss battle is not as hard as some of the secret bosses in the game, which you could only fight by having every djinn in the game, but man he was one tough mother ******. I remember studying his moves for hours before coming up with a strategy to win.

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
White Fatalis - Monster Hunter Freedom 2

it was an epic battle!
i have tried like 100 times!

Akantor - Monster Hunter Freedom 2

also, a battle i will never forget!

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Gannon from the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.  When I had the Game it was a Everyday routine to Beat the Crap out of him.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Many many battles i enjoy, trying to come up with some..

Forgotten One-Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Sephiroth-Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Kurt Zisa-Kingdom Hearts 1
Clocktower Phantom-Kingdom Hearts 1
Gothmog-Lord of the Rings: Third Age
Witch King of Angmar-Lord of the Rings: Third Age
General Grievous-Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Klompa-Prince of Persia 3: The Two Thrones
Dahaka-Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Shadee-Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Vizier-Prince of Persia 1: Sands of Time
Manah-Drakengard 1
The Queen-Drakengard 1, not sure what the boss is called really..
Melbu Frahma-The Legends of Dragoon

Thats not even all of them :p

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Very simple. Gygas from Earthbound. Most likely my favorite boss battle of any video game to-date.