The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Military rpg

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had this idea for a military rpg based on a story I was writing.  In this rpg, there would be four fictional countries to choose from.  This story would take place in the Ace Combat universe only it wouldn't just be about military pilots.  You could be ground soldiers as well.  Would anyone be interested?

Here is a map of the countries used in the story.
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/spi...t=beautamap.jpg

Unfortunately, i am still working on the first chapter so there isn't a whole lot of background to work with just yet.  I'm still adding locations to the map as well.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This story would take place in the Ace Combat universe

Is knowledge about that universe very needed to be able to participate in rpg?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not really.  Many of the countries in Ace Combat are based on real life countries.  Most of the weapons, aircraft, and other vehicles actually exist in real life as well.  It just takes place in a fictional setting.  They use things like the Mig-29, F-14, F-18, AK-47 assault rifle, M-1 tank, and many other real world weapons.

The countries in Ace Combat that are based on real ones are listed below

Osea = The United States

Yuktobania = Russia

Sapin = Spain

Belka = Germany

Emmeria = Sweden (not real sure about that one)

Estovakia = some Eastern European country

Aurilia = probably Argentina

Leasath = Don't know.

North Point = The UK

San Salvatian = France

USEA = a bunch of other countries including China, parts of Europe, and possibly Japan

Wellow = probably Greenland

None of these countries will play a major role in the RPG because they have already been used several times in the Ace COmbat games.  Below are the onesas the ones I made for the RPG.  They're the ones shown on the map.

Beauta = Australia

Danthuania = Not really based on any country

Kolkove = again, not really based on any country in particular

Dagret = based on Canada

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I might be interested in joining then. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I haven't RPed in quite some time, but I'd probably be interested.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, it looks like we've got enough people to start now.  You can basically use whatever modern fighter, tank, truck, or rifle you want.  Also, your character doesn't have to be from the countries in this rpg.  They could be foreign mercenaries ired by those countries.  I'll post background information on the plot in the main thread when I start it.

Here is the character form

Name:

Hair color:

Eye Color:

Appearance:

Weapons:

Bio:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My characters

Name: Rick Bales

Nationality: Beautian

Unit: 12th Recon Unit, Beauta Marine Corps

Hair color: blond

Eye Color: brown

Appearance: About five feet two inches, wears whatever camo is suitable for the environment around him.  He always wears a combat helmet at well.

Weapons: M-16 rifle with red dot sight, M-9 handgun in hip holster, and 6 shot 357 magnum revolver in shoulder holster.  He has two grenades on his shoulder and a combat knife on his utility belt.

Bio: Rick Bales is a farmboy from the town of Johnston in Beauta.  When he was ninteen, he joined the Marines and was placed in the 12th Recon Unit.  He enjoys country music, although he likes rock too.  

=====

Name: Samuel Barrington

Unit: 12th Recon Unit, Beauta Marine Corps

Hair color: black

Eye Color: blue

Appearance: Six feet tall and he wears the typical Marine uniform and gear.  

Weapons: AK-47 assault rifle and a combat shotgun.  He has an M-9 sidearm on his hip holster, teo grenades, and a standard issue combat knife on his utility belt.

Bio: Barrington isa city boy, growing up in Beauta's largest city, Southport.  He is from a rich family and his father is a famout television host.  Samuel joined the Marines against the wishes of his father because he really does not enjoy the lifestyle of  spoiled rich boy. He is Rick's friend in the 12th Recon Unit.

Name: Joseph McDale

Unit: 27th Tactical Fighter Squadron (Guardian), Beauta Airforce

Appearance: About six feet tall and he wears a reen flight suit
 and flight gear.

Weapons: A Colt 45 revolver and a fighter of his choice.  Pilots usually are not heavily armed because they rarely fight on the ground.

Bio: Joseph joined the airforce at 24 and quickly reached the ranke of Lieutenant Colonel.  He is now in command of his own fighter squadron.  Joe, as he is commonly called, is from the city of Thunderhead in northern Beauta.  He likes to read alone when not flying.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Here are my characters.

Name: Darnel Gavack

Rank and affiliation: Captain of the 257th Infantry Battalion, Danthuanian Army

Appearance: tall, forboding, wears green military uniform at all times no matter the terrain,

Weapons: A G3 automatic rifle and a Glock 17 pistol.  He carries a machete and two grenades on his belt.

Bio: A former member of the Danthuanian mafia who has been chosen to take part in the invasion of Beauta.  Darnel will do whatever it takes to get the job done.  

==================================================

Name: Mikil Gavak (Darnel Gavak's brother)

Rank and affiliation: Captain of the 33rd Tactical Fighter Squadron (Gallia)

Appearance: A short and muscular man, he usually wears his grey flight suit around the base.  

Weapons: Only his M9 handgun and a dagger.

Bio: Unlike his older brother, Mikil sought a more honest living in Danthuania's airforce.  However, with Mazzol's rise to power, Mikil found himself committing acts he was not proud of.  He is not as ruthless as his brother but still feels loyal to his country and will do whatever he is told.

===============

Name: Jack Murphey

Hair color: brown

Appearance: medium height and muscular.  He wears the standard military uniform of the Dagret Army, digital camo to match the terrain, and a coonskin cap.

Weapons: whatever weapon is required for his mission, M1911 handgun, and a field knife on his belt.  He also has three grenades on his combat vest.

Bio: Jack is a brave and devoted solder in his country's army and is willing to do anything to defend his nation.  He is a farm boy from the hills and is often seen by others as a bit of a hick, however, he is very skilled with a gun.  He is currently stationed with the 11th Airborn Unit.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I think I'm going to watch for a little bit to see if I can get a feel for it... And think up a character :lol

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Same here.  :lol

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name: Frank Barnes

Unit: 27th Tatical Fighter Squadron

Hair color:brown

Eye Color:brown

Appearance: 5'4 and wears a green flight suit.

Weapons: whitley pistol and Walter PPK.

Bio: Frank is the son of a famous ship captain of the biggest shipping company in Beauta. He joined the airforce at 19 and rose through the ranks. When he is not flying he prefers to play flight sims or watch old war movies.

(Just a quick question does Beauta have a civil air patrol?)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is my character:

Name: Vincent Doyle

Unit: 7th Tank Company, Beautian Army

Hair color: blond

Eye Color: blue

Appearance: About six feet. He wears a tank crew uniform with helmet.

Weapons: M-9 handgun in hip holster.

Bio: Vincent was born in Arrow Point. When he was 20 years old, he joined the Bautian army. At 26 he earned the rank of captain and was appointed as a commander of 7th Tank Company, which is stationing at small village halfway from St. Johnson to Southport.

By the way... Could you give us more detailed maps (with main natural obstacles, roads etc.) or should we imagine all this?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I do have an updated map but I'm still working on it.  I'll try to have it up later.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is the updated map.  It doesn't show roads but it does have mountain ranges and rivers.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
can i join in???

if so here is my character

Name: Jake Walker

unit: 6th navy force of the Beautian navy

Hair: dark blonde

Eye: brown

Appearence: 6ft tall, wears a uniform similar to the helghast in killzone 2

Weapons: assault rifle, Handgun in hip holster

Bio: Jake was born in Beauta and he was facinated with anything that goes boom!!! and he has a love for dinosaurs, he robbed a bank and as punishment he was forced to enlist in the Beautian navy force
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure, metadude.  Just one thing.  They don't have Privates in the Navy.  Your character would be a Petty Officer, not a Private.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
thank you for correcting me
facebook.com/venomwargreymon