The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 70557

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone! I've been quite busy with college, so I haven't been as active here as I would like :oops
Here is a commission I did for JulianR94 of Specter and Alba in another scene from 'The Eighth Hunter.'
I also have one more request I am still working on, I haven't forgotten :smile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Absolutely beautiful, Darkwolf!  :) Though now I am a bit fearful where Julian is going to be leading his two characters based upon this illustration.  It seems that a tearful heart-to-heart talk is in their future.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I almost cry when I see it, though I didn't read Eighth hunter.

just beautiful
:')

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
That is a wonderful job you've done on that art DarkWolf. A masterpiece if ever I saw one. Now I feel tempted to ask for a commission for my fanfic! That was such a brilliant piece of work. Well Done and keep it up :yes  :)littlefoot  :goodluck

200th post YAY! Goodbye Chomper and Hello Spike  ^^spike
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6968782/
To express my gratitude over this once more, I will simply copy over my dA comment:
____

You couldn't have made in any better in almost every aspect.
And what really surprises and gives me shivers again and again are your backgrounds. The level of detail, beauty but also darkness, in this case, you manage to put into them is simply magnificent.

So, all in all, I just want to say that I wouldn't have commissioned anyone else but you for such a scene, and yes, you obviously delivered and did it justice!
Certainly looking forward to your next works, commissions and requests. Other than that, and to make Rhombus relax a bit, though he should know where I'm going with those two as this is from a past chapter, 20 :lol, my head is filled with more joyful scenes, so we'll be in touch! :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks again for the feedback to JulianR94 and Rhombus, though I have already responded on DeviantArt :lol

Quote from: The Lone Dragon,Mar 17 2016 on  06:11 AM
That is a wonderful job you've done on that art DarkWolf. A masterpiece if ever I saw one. Now I feel tempted to ask for a commission for my fanfic! That was such a brilliant piece of work. Well Done and keep it up :yes  :)littlefoot  :goodluck

200th post YAY! Goodbye Chomper and Hello Spike  ^^spike

Thanks! I'm quite flattered you'd consider such a thing :smile

I almost cry when I see it, though I didn't read Eighth hunter.

just beautiful
:')

Thank you Snik, I am very glad that the emotions are clear in this illustration, even when taken out of context :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes, your backgrounds are always amazing. I mean... your art really benefits from the detailed bgs :)

Oh I would love to see you draw something from Lone Dragon's fanfiction. I love it!
Inactive, probably forever.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Hey DarkWolf you still doing commissions? Because I would like to ask for a commission for my Fanfic if that's alright will you.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Mar 23 2016 on  10:36 AM
Yes, your backgrounds are always amazing. I mean... your art really benefits from the detailed bgs :)

Oh I would love to see you draw something from Lone Dragon's fanfiction. I love it!

Thank you! And it looks like that might happen  :p

Hey DarkWolf you still doing commissions? Because I would like to ask for a commission for my Fanfic if that's alright will you.

Sent you a note about this :yes

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Well if we are all good I'll tell you what I have in mind.

I would like a scene from my story The Swimmer Trials. A scene featuring Ducky and one of my other Swimmer OCs Trough, he is a light brown Swimmer a year younger then Ducky and is her lover. You'll find more details if you read the story. Trough comes in at Chapter 38 I think. The scene I want is them sharing there first kiss together during a storm at the ocean. The scene you'll find in Chapter 46.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And now, a scene from Rhombus' fic, The Seven Hunters!
Sorry this took so long! Things have been crazy  :oops

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice!  :) You can truly get a feel for the emotions of the scene from Ruby's and Detras's expressions.  Ruby, being weighed down by the fear of being rejected by her parents or not being believed, slumps as if the weight of the world is upon her shoulders.  Detras, on the other hand, has only now come to grips with the harsh reality of the situation.  The terrain and background also conveys the emotion of the scene, with the muted shades conveying depression, while the slight lightening of the shades by Ruby indicates that hope is present, with the direction of shading on the terrain focusing the viewer's attention on Detras's outstretched hand.  A sign of acceptance from the loving father.

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to create this excellent drawing.  :) I would certainly be willing to discuss commission ideas if you were interested in making any further drawings in this setting.  I can be reached via my deviantart (http://the-amazing-rhombus.deviantart.com/) and also via PM or email.  Let me know if you would be interested.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, nice! I love it!

Thanks!

Very nice! :) You can truly get a feel for the emotions of the scene from Ruby's and Detras's expressions. Ruby, being weighed down by the fear of being rejected by her parents or not being believed, slumps as if the weight of the world is upon her shoulders. Detras, on the other hand, has only now come to grips with the harsh reality of the situation. The terrain and background also conveys the emotion of the scene, with the muted shades conveying depression, while the slight lightening of the shades by Ruby indicates that hope is present, with the direction of shading on the terrain focusing the viewer's attention on Detras's outstretched hand. A sign of acceptance from the loving father.

Thanks very much! I try to put a lot of thought into the colors and composition of the scenes I illustrate, I'm glad it comes across :yes
Though I can't take all of the credit, of course! Your excellent descriptive writing gave me a lot to work with :D

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to create this excellent drawing. :) I would certainly be willing to discuss commission ideas if you were interested in making any further drawings in this setting. I can be reached via my deviantart (http://the-amazing-rhombus.deviantart.com/) and also via PM or email. Let me know if you would be interested. :)

Alright! I would definitely be interested, these situations are a lot of fun and quite challenging to illustrate. I'll be on vacation for the rest of the week, but I'll try to get in touch sometime in the near future :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Simply perfect, Erica. I really don't know anything to add to rhombus' detailed review ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And again your pictures are very well drawn. Awesome job!

[size0]never read Seven Hunters fanfic but oh my, Ovie, what happened with you?..

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Magnificent art DW. The expression convey so much raw emotion. The background close to hanging rock is very well drawn and detailed and beautiful. I must say that you have really done the scene justice here. Can't wait for you to finish my commission  ;)

Really well done and keep it up.  :)littlefoot  ^^spike

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6968782/
Oh, wow! Almost missed this. And it's absolutely magnificent!

It is just one of the many scenes from TSH I can remember quite well, and it certainly becomes even more powerful in visuals. As always, your background looks breathtaking, and the overall quality and detail is right up there with the highest standards.

Seeing this almost makes me want to burden you some more with my own ideas, but I will hold something special back for now. :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Simply perfect, Erica. I really don't know anything to add to rhombus' detailed review ^^spike

And again your pictures are very well drawn. Awesome job!

[size0]never read Seven Hunters fanfic but oh my, Ovie, what happened with you?..

Thank you! It's quite an interesting story :D

Magnificent art DW. The expression convey so much raw emotion. The background close to hanging rock is very well drawn and detailed and beautiful. I must say that you have really done the scene justice here. Can't wait for you to finish my commission  ;)

Really well done and keep it up.  :)littlefoot  ^^spike

Thank you! I look forward to finishing it, too :yes

Oh, wow! Almost missed this. And it's absolutely magnificent!

It is just one of the many scenes from TSH I can remember quite well, and it certainly becomes even more powerful in visuals. As always, your background looks breathtaking, and the overall quality and detail is right up there with the highest standards.

Seeing this almost makes me want to burden you some more with my own ideas, but I will hold something special back for now. :)

Thank you! I really enjoyed the scene, and I'm glad I managed to capture something of its emotional potency. And I definitely look forward to hearing about this special idea :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's a pretty good drawing I like it a lot