The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 3: The Curse of the Haunted Hotel

Nick22 · 8631 · 264411

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Cpl. McCoun handed Stripetail an armored vest like the one that Setsuna was wearing. "Stay safe commander," he said, saluting Stripetail.

Stripetail's radio crackled. "Stripetail, this is Deimos, we are currently rolling out."

----------------

The flatbed truck carrying the Pelvanida group, some Great Valley dinosaurs along with some ammunition and supplies were in the middle of the convoy protected by APCs carrying Cobalt troopers and armored Humvees. Haresh was riding in one the APCs along with some logistics personnel.

Setsuna was running alongside the convoy.

----------------

Zachary's voice came over through the magical armor that Dixie was wearing. "Dixie, this is Zach, make your way to the middle of the convoy."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail put on the armor and headed towards the door .
 Tarrax took to the skies and soon caught up with the younger dragons
_ Dixie nodded" We read you zach.. making our way towards miiddle ofthe convoy" She said.
- Jusa flew alongside the convoy her gaze fixed ion the horizon..
- Kari sat in the back of Nani's vehicle alongside Mimi and Sora. Matt sat in the front. asnani drove on trying to keep up with the others
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Jason had the holographic display switch to show a tactical display with enemy troop movements and current location based on the tardis's sensors.  Odysseus went over to study the display.  

After studding the display he pointed to a spot.  "Looks like this is one of their weak spots I would say." Odysseus said from his experience.  

"Looks like we have a destination then." Jason said as he set the coordinates.  

"I'll bring everyone in here and start handing out equipment." Odysseus said, going to one of the break rooms where some were eating.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just before Stripetail could open the door, it burst open from the other side. A small ice blue dragon stood at the now very open doorway. 'I'm looking for a "Squirrel mage",' she said, looking about the room with intruige. Her eyes fixed upon Stripetail. 'Aha! Wait... you look familiar. Have we uh... met before?'

Glacia rubbed her head. 'Woah, Deja Vu. Aw well, happens all the time. Name's Glacia, and I was looking for you. I was told you might have some answers to what exactly is going on around here. I should probably tell you my story first, though...'

Glacia explained in short detail how she and her brother Incendia had arrived through an invention known as the Time Traveling Toaster. All that she knew was that it had a tendancy to throw the brother and sister duo into situations that were either bizarre, dangerous, awesome... or all of the above.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i've never meet you before actually" stripetail replied " I am Lord Stripetail and yes I am a wizard..You are in a different world, one which is currently dealing with a great deal of trouble. come with me, i'll explain things on the way.. you and your brother..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Glacia followed, and they picked up her brother along the way. Incendia was quite well, as far as he was considered being... anyway. 'Hey cool, a squirell, I like squirrels,' Incendia began.

Glacia rolled her eyes, and turned to Stripetail. 'Is this some sort of war? I'm not too big on wars and fighting and such... but saying that, the two of us have been stuck in situations where use of force was required.'

'Hey, sis, remember that time we were aboard that ship and all those aliens were running at us and you were like: "Oh my god! Aliens!" and I was like: "Pie!" and then we ran for our lives and hid... then we fixed the Toaster and woke up in a closet.' Incendia sighed, 'seems like it was only yesterday.'

'Technically, it was.'

Incendia paused. 'Oh.'

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
' yes we are at war.. Stripetail said and we are considerably outnumbered by the enemy ' we are heading towards a place called Neptune city which is the largest city nearbby, as most of the area around here is under enemy control it will not be easy getting there..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Enemy control, that's not good,' Incendia helpfully pointed out.

'Who exactly is our enemy,' Glacia asked Stripetail. 'We've faced some pretty nasty things in our travels, but I get the feeling this one will possibly top our list.'

'I thought that giant octopus was always going to be on the top of our list-'

'We don't talk about that, Incendia. Remember?'

Her brother grumbled. 'Just because you got slobbered over... and then eated.'

'Shut up, please.'

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The folks in Jason's tardis came into the main room and the started to pass out some of the equipment and then talking over some tactics and who would be on what team.

"Won't take us long to get there." Jason said as he came over to the table where the others were.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
our enemy is named dragonstorm, to put it simply, they're lunatics trying to remake this world in their image, and will kill anyone who tries to stop them. they are allied with an evil magician named Chong who wants to take over this world.." stripetail replied as Captain Milos car  arrived to carry him to Neptune City " you and your friends better hop in Commander' Milos said " we're behind as it is..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rime contacted everyone who had a radio. "Everyone, if you are wearing either a protective suit or a piece of protective jewelry, now is the time to put it on," he said via radio.

"Nick, there's an air gauge on top of your suit's right wrist. Keep an eye on that. If it gets to red, you've got about 5 or so minutes left," Deimos said via the radio that Nick's helmet had.

The Bull trucker slowly drove through the rubble. He was surprised that no one tried to attack the convoy.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Sounds pretty serious then,' Glacia said. 'And an evil mage, too. That's always a bad thing. Well, since me and my brother are pretty much stuck here, we'll be more than glad to help. As I said earlier, I'm not too big on acts of violence... but my brother...'

'Do we get guns yet?'

'Well, there's your answer,' Glacia sighed. 'In all seriousness though, he is a good fighter, and quite brave... if a little problematic. He also can fly, what with his wings and all. You probably noticed I don't have wings, so yeah... I don't do much flying.'

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
chong and reached his dewtination by this point ; mr goat, how goes the ssult on Neptune city? they are the last city in the area with real population that we don't control.. have you spotted the squirrelll's forces?' Chong replied..
_ Understood' came Nicks Reply " its got enough for 3 hours.. right?
_ Re've rall roit rour rmor ron" came Scooby's reply " rustcre rareful Rime.. rets rope rhe renemy ris relserere.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We currently control half the city, thanks to the liberal use of mustard gas and incendiaries," Mr. Goat said. "The defenders have fallen back to the base of Sang-heili Enterprises, which were are currently shelling,"

He was at the forward command post near the waterfront of the Neptune City. His protective suit along with the magical gem protected him from the pall of mustard gas around the city.

-----------------

Nick's radio crackled. "I've spoken to Sara, the essential air in the tanks should be good for 3-4 hours of normal activity. Also, the suits are overpressurized so if they are punctured air flows out instead of in. Each suit has a pouch containing materials for temporary repairs. Also, essential air can be used for decontaminating the suit. Deimos out."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
' Excellemt.. no dounbt the squirrell is on his way there.. but it will likely be too late' Chong grinned are there any other large cities in the area that might cause trouble..?
 Thanks" Nick replied that should be more than enough time" Nicj said as the convoty reached Surf POint and turned south
_ Tigress began to nod off in the back seat.. ' couldn't sleep much last night ' Genki asked

_ Probably.. ' i think we cab let her sleep for a little bit ' Agumon said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Jason and the others present started to put on their equipment, put it on a utility belt or into a pocket as made sense.  Guilmon put on an animated star trek life support belt.  One of several enchanted to be able to increase in size if the wearer did.  Jason put on one also, not sure if his new third form would be effected by gas or not.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Suddenly, Mr. Bigmouth screamed in agony as a sniper's bullet struck him in the chest.

One of the Great Valley dinosaurs threw an explosive rock onto the balcony where the barrel of a gun was visible. An explosion destroyed the balcony and killed the sniper.

Mr. Bigmouth stared at his chest wound in astonishment as it started to close up before his eyes. "What?" he asked.

"Wait, I think it may be that essential water we've been drinking for days! It looks like it grants something like a healing factor," Ms. Swimmer said.

Mr. Bigmouth picked up the bullet and tossed it off the truck. "Well, do he have any?" he asked, eating some dried fruit.

"We do. We have several containers of essential water in the APCs," Rime
replied.

"Wait is everyone equipped with armor and air supplies?" Deimos asked.

Strut looked around. "Apparently so but I'm not sure about
Nani," he said.

(OOC- Is Nani with the invading group?)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
9yes she is)
 I've got some supplies of thatwater' Nani said and an armor suit that really doesn't fit me. Shaggy has hid gun but no armor..
I'm sticking with Scooby and Dixie, their mahgic should protect me enough..
-Jusa looked around for myra...' - These is not a game.. if something happens to us here.. theres no reset button..

_ thanks Genki for that enlightened bit of information.." Tiger said sarcastically
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Incendia sat in the car, twiddling his thumbs and kicking his feet like an impatient child. Thankfully someone had managed to get a seat belt around him.

'I swear to god, if you say "are we there yet?" just once, I will brain you,' Glacia said, seating herself next to her unwieldy brother.

'I won't. I'm crazy, not stupid,' he replied with tongue out.

Glacia sighed. 'That's a nice way of putting it.' She turned to Stripetail. 'So uh... where are we going? I suspect it's going to be dangerous, and all that...'

'Hey, do we get guns yet?' Incendia asked, looking more excited than his sister.

Glacia placed a hand on her head, and groaned quietly.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Jason looked at his watch.  "Should be about time." He said to himself.  

The various folks were checking their equipment and once they saw the tardis had arrived the started to file out and go to the various nearby areas and in pre chosen teams.

The first ones out, Odysseus and Brooklyn, laid out some suppression fire using their blaster rifles on medium beam and sweeping the area where some shots were coming from.