The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Simpsons Opening Sequence

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGz1Ajg7QU&feature=bz301

There are a lot of parts that made me LOL (especially when Homer actually got hit by the car this time  :lol ).

But in all honesty, it just doesn't beat the original.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree, it is very funny in spots, but seems a trifle long and I think I prefer the original too.  Though I do like some of the added scenes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I like it. As for the whole couch joke, that would not be a part of the regular opening sequence, but would vary (this one being one of the longest I ever saw).
It is not the first time the opening sequence has been changed. At the very beginning (first season or so) Lisa got some more screentime in the opening sequence which showed her riding on her bike and there was a scene that involved people missing the bus and running after it.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I thought that was great. Are you sure that is the new opening scene and not just a promotional jibe for new episodes on FOX or something? Even if it is, I think it's a good adaptation seeing as there are a lot more characters and some situations within Springfield have seen change. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing that as the new opening scene, as long as some new couch gags are thrown in :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do wonder if it is an opening, or an advertisement for the Simpsons.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There's something to be said for a classic, as for the new one, I liked it, even if it was a bit long... the simpsons have been around for 20 years, which is a remarkable. Ok its not as funny as in its heyday, but I still get a kick out of it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: