The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 174588

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm too normal for most weird people and too weird for most normal people. :p

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i am considered the go to guy for dinosaur and reptile info in my school

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wrote a huge tutorial for the music software we used at my high school in grade 12...and I never did get a thing for it, even though I was promised lunch from my music teacher.  :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The first time I ate a hamburger was when I was 15.  I refused to eat them until then. :p

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i get made fun of at school alot untill my darker side takes over and then they leave me alone. I've gotten made fun of since 1st grade on a regular basis so its hard to take that when your a little kid and you would be amazed at the transformation of the way they treat me now after i snapped at them, a lot more respect, but i dont mean to make myself look like a beast, for the most part i laugh a little and try not to let it bother me, so most kids still do like me even if i do have a dark side.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I also tried to scare away kids who gave me trouble, in my younger years.  I...never had much success though.  I guess I just can't be scary. :p

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i find the snarl and stare down works wonders, and in person i'm not really that scarry, but ive been told you can see my sholders start to stiffen and my eyes go a little fiery

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It takes a lot to piss me off, but I'll admit I was involved in a few physical altercations growing up.  All but one happened outside of school, and the only in-school one that occured was in preschool.  I slugged a kid 'cuz I wanted to read my favorite book and he would not give it to me.  Talk about me bein' a brat :rolleyes:!  I'm glad I was enrolled in martial arts a couple of years later.  It taught me so much self-control and discipline.  For years now, I've practiced by the rule that I do not make the first strike, for the purpose of fighting is to prevent harm to yourself and not to hurt others ;).  Also, I've never fought like a girl.  I always fought like a boy, fists and wrestling included :p.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I have only fought in elementary school and I fought mostly with kicks. Although there was a case where I used a fist sized piece of blacktop...by throwing it.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Happy to say that besides my brother, I've never fought anyone. Except once. Kid jumped my brother in like 5th grade. We took care of him.

Another fun fact: My brother's name is Joey. He's my twin. Tah dah.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i have only fought in school once and that was in 7th grade and all i did was one punch, coarse it was also right outside the front door, not exactly well thought out

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I was relentlessly teased and hassled throughout my elementary and middle school years, but I never dared raise a fist against my tormentors for fear of getting in trouble. :rolleyes I wish I'd been sooner acquainted with the works of insult masters Groucho Marx and Moe Howard; maybe then I would've been able to devise snappy comebacks to those overstuffed baboons (sorry for being unfair to the real baboons :p).

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I had a hard time comin' up with comeback statements at that time in my life as well.  I would just "freeze up" mentally and not be able to react by throwing a comeback statement at the individual.  I once grew a pair when I was eleven and made a comeback statement to this female bully on my basketball team.  This is how it went:

Bully: "Your hairdo looks retarded!"

Me: "Not as retarded as you!"

I HATE the word "retard" <_<, so that just made me more upset.  BTW, she was not used to anyone, especially one of the most quiet kids in the school, talkin' back to her, so she shut up :p.  I did pay the price a few minutes later during our scrimmage, when she ran full-speed (I was on the offense) and slammed right into me, sending me ten feet before I slid on the floor.  Considering our different proportions:

Bully: 5'4", 150+ lbs, plus size.

Me: 5'2", 90-95 lbs, size 3.

I was seeing stars :lol.  Oh, well.  I'll never understand why some folks, although they know better, feel they need to bully others to get their point across :rolleyes:.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^Kids can be so mean sometimes... :p :(

I don't like it when people my age, or younger or even older use the word "retarded" in such a free use way. They don't use the correct definition of it and it can offend people who actually HAVE that condition. I REALLY stray away from that word. Especially now that I have a friend who has MR. :yes

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I have friends with problems not at all unlike that... or... at least A friend with that problem... my other friends are okay in that department...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Most of my friends have ADD, but to be honest though, I think most of my friends that have "ADD" most likely have an ASD. I guess that's wishful thinking for me though...since I'm really the only one out of my real life friends that has an ASD. If that doesn't mean I'm alone, I don't know what does.. :lol

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm being forced to take a course over the summer. I don't wanna, but I realize the benefits of taking said course so I'll suck it up and take the course.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've been called retarded, even though I was probably one of the smartest kids in the class.. I didn't get into fights, prefering to ignore them by isolating myself..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jul 6 2009 on  11:09 PM
I've been called retarded, even though I was probably one of the smartest kids in the class.. I didn't get into fights, prefering to ignore them by isolating myself..
I tend to ignore all the other students in my school who aren't in my accelerated classes because most of them are either egotistical, high, idiots, or a combination of the three. The only students I don't ignore that aren't in my accelerated classes are those who I discovered freshman year who were friendly. And shared the same interests as me.

Don't isolate yourself. Find people who share interests, and you'll feel a lot better.