The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 181604

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Here's one that I hope will earn a lot of :blink: responses:

This April, I visited the Palm Beach Zoo in Florida, where I got to smell a binturong.

For those of you who don't know what a binturong is, it's a tree-dwelling mammal from southeast Asia (also known as a bear-cat), vaguely resembling a shaggy, pointy-nosed, flat-footed, prehensile-tailed black cat, which, through some inexplicable (and downright unbelievable) quirk of biology, produces an odor identical to that of buttered popcorn. The keepers brought the zoo's resident binturong out as part of a routine show featuring various animals, during which they asked for a volunteer to come up, pet the binturong, and then sniff their hand and tell the rest of the audience what it smelled like. My brother and I, who had heard what binturongs smell like (we watch Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel regularly) but were eager to verify it for ourselves, practically dislocated our own shoulders raising our hands. :p Unfortunately for us, someone else was chosen, but the next day, I went back to the zoo and attended the show again, and this time, I was selected to come up and smell the binturong (I suspect the keepers may have recognized me from before). When my family came to pick me up afterwards, all of them were eager to smell my hand. :lol As for my personal olfactory review, if I hadn't known that I had just been scratching the back of a giant arboreal fuzzball, I would have thought that I had been digging my hand into a bag of movie theater snacks. The critter really does smell exactly like popcorn.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Wow. The most unusual animal I've ever petted was a Burmese Python...

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen a baby alligator... or maybe it was a crocodile? In any case, it was in Florida, in an aquarium.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i've had gator jerky before, it wasnt too bad kinda spicy

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I once won in a fight against an idiot who attacked me in the schoolyard in middle school... he did it for no reason, he wasn't really right in the head...

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i've only been in a fight a couple times, but when i am i find i have a surprisingly cool head and fight smart, like one kid rushed me and all i really had to do was sidestep and stick my foot out, my friend was beside me and he couldnt stop laughing at the poor guy, i felt sorry for him afterwards but before i tripped him he was calling names at me and said he could kick my butt so i told him to try

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe, I always liked to pull pranks, especially on mean kids.  However, I did not have the nerve to carry out anything most of the time.  There was, however, this one time where I accidentally set up the bully I had previously mentioned in here.

When I was in the fifth grade, we had a pep rally one afternoon.  After my best friend and I sat down, I ended up farting. Thankfully, the outrageous noise level of the student body totally drowned out any sound. My best friend then suggested that we move. She did not know I had done that, and man did it smell :x. Anyhoo, after we sat down ten feet away, this girl who was a spoiled brat who got away with anything at home and also a class bully sat down in the spot I had been in! I really despised the way that girl treated us . It was when she yelled, "Eeeew! Who farted?!" and all her friends began to laugh at her that my embarrassment died. I then told my best friend why I was laughing as she was unaware of what had happened, and we cracked up :lol!

I swear, that's one of the greatest pranks I've ever pulled on someone :p.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
My right arm has MUCH more muscle than my left arm.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My left eye doesn't work, but my right eye is actually pretty good in terms of vision..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I have a burn on my right shoulder from when I was a toddler. I was scalded by hot water. I was due to have a skin graft but the doctors said it would scar over fine. Guess the doc was right  :D

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Since the age of five, when I was nearly killed in a drowning accident, I've been scared of moving water (creeks, rivers, white water) at night. It's my kryptonite.  :lol
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
actually tiger, i'm in the same boat as you i think of all sorts of mean pranks to pull on bullys but i usually dont have the guts to do so but i finally did to one senior who kept picking on me

i was sitting down at a table with a bunch of my friends when the said bully sat down next to me to talk to a couple of the seniors and when he got up to dump his tray at lunch i told some of the seniors i was half tempted to slid one of my sliced peaches under him, and the seniors who are always up for a good prank told me to do it, so when the bully came back i slid the peach under him right as he sat down and he jumped up and yelled at me and called me some sort of name and all i said was " Dont start with me peaches" and the whole cafateria laughed at him, even the teachers it was great

but other than that and tripping the kid i havent done any other real get even pranks

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chomper,Jul 12 2009 on  09:30 AM
i was sitting down at a table with a bunch of my friends when the said bully sat down next to me to talk to a couple of the seniors and when he got up to dump his tray at lunch i told some of the seniors i was half tempted to slid one of my sliced peaches under him, and the seniors who are always up for a good prank told me to do it, so when the bully came back i slid the peach under him right as he sat down and he jumped up and yelled at me and called me some sort of name and all i said was " Dont start with me peaches" and the whole cafateria laughed at him, even the teachers it was great
LOL, that was pretty good.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I once punched a bully in the shoulder, and it hurt him...

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have never been in a fight in my entire life, and I have never actually punched anybody with the intent of hurting them.