The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Praise me or Kill me

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I finally got my brother a labtop for his birthday (ended up being a belated birthday present if you want me to be honest here.) and when he saw it he said that he didn't know whether to praise me or kill me, in a rather jokingly tone.

So, wondering what kind I got him, huh?  Well, here's what I remember: (Can't get on it right now, sorry.)

Brand: Acer

Hard Drive: 320 GB HDD

RAM: 4 GB

16:9 Screen Resolution

CD/DVD Drive

Includes Built-in Wireless Card

Windows Vista SP1

----------

That's all I can remember. :D

Cost me *checks receipt* $671.23.  To be honest, I got quite a few hugs from him before we got it set up.  After getting his own name on it and all, we then got the internet set up, which went rather smoothly.  However, when we tried to set up the printer, that became a problem.  Despite having such capabilities, it could not find our wireless Samsung printer.  We'll figure out what the problem is later.

So that's it.  I still need to set up a few things for him like Browser, Open Office, Free Internet Security... you know, the works.

Still, he loved it.  However, a part of me wonders if I put it in the right hands.  He doesn't know squat about computers.  Compared to him, I'm a genius.  In all sense though, he'd call LBTlover and other computer experts here a god.

Well that's the story.  So, jokingly speaking, should he praise me or kill me?

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
These Laptops are Cheap.   :yes Can wait to get my own.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Jesus disapproves of vistas, but that was really nice of you

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NaNaNa,Mar 24 2009 on  08:57 PM
Jesus disapproves of vistas, but that was really nice of you
What?  Did Jesus want me to go with the Dell that had XP and hardly any room to run properly? :P:

I seriously think I made the best choice with this one.  However, I'll make sure to upgrade the whole family to Windows 7 when it comes out. ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I dunno.  I'm not buying another new computer until they come with Windows 7.  It really sucks that if I buy a computer now, I'll have to choose to either pay $350 for a copy of Windows 7 in 9 months or pirate it and have to worry about MS making my copy not function any longer. :anger No thanks.  Neither of those options are very appealing to me right now thank you very much!  It's gonna take at least 6 months after its initial release to have a stable hacked version out there.  I'm not willing to wait.  I want legal copies. :p