The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Titanic: The Animated Musical

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Technically, its called "Titanic: The Legend Goes On..." Yeah, that doesn't sound like anything else concerning a certain other movie ( My Heart Will Go On and YouTube ).
I was cruising the internet not long ago when I stumbled onto this little gem of insensitivity and mediocrity.

I found it here: List of film about the RMS Titanic
Its the second to last one on the list. When I read over this description, I just HAD to see this. "Titanic: The Legend Goes On..., a 2001 Italian animated musical directed by Camillo Teti."

You can view the film here: Titanic Animated Movie (English) Part 1

Or, you can just view a review of it by an online critic here: Nostalgia Critic - Titanic Animated (Part 1) Fair warning, he can be profane.

:o   :blink:   What some people will do for a buck. I've seen some pretty nasty toned stuff in my time, but by all that is holy and recent, I have never seen a tragedy taken advantage of like this before. "And they lived happily ever after" my ass!!!!!
Even Pocahontas butchered the events surrounding it better than this! What's next: September, 11 2001: The Animated Musical with dancing rats and Jazz playing llama?!
So, let's here your thoughts on all this.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this is almost as bad as the Star Wars Christmas Special back in the late 70s.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Ah yes, I've heard of this movie. I first heard of it from the Nostalgia Critic's review. My brother and I find it funny that they say it's the "real" adventures of the Titanic, yet they have talking animals.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Because it makes money.. well this one didn't...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, what a way to honor those who died in that tragedy:

Making an animated musical about it.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would rather want to watch the 1997 movie Titanic than this.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Apr 11 2009 on  01:37 PM
I would rather want to watch the 1997 movie Titanic than this.
Of course!  The 1997 Titanic was an excellent blockbuster with people who could actually act, a great story, and was one of the best movies ever.  The special effects were goot too. When she ship sank, I felt like I was getting sucked down with it.  

This pile of EPIC FAIL, however, should be forgotten forever and all involved in its creation should be removed from the gene pool to prevent this from ever happening again.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Apart from the Rapping Dog (rap didn't really come into prominence until the 80s), they stole situations from several Disney movies including the two Dalmations(101 dalmations) and the ugly stepsisters(Cinderella). Not to mention the Mexican mice were horrible stereotypes ala Speedy Gonzales..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
plus it rips off just about every Disney movie.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, tell me about it. Let's see, 101 Dalmatians (the two dogs, Cruella, Horace and Jasper), Sherlocke Holmes, Cinderella, and the love situation in Cameron's better, but still terrible movie.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah!  A movie SO bad that the creator denies it's existence.

Gee, how much worse can you get? :D

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can't, which is why this film has earned its richly deserved place among the "Worst animated Films ever"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I never knew this existed. Until I saw the Nostalgia Critic's review on it. "The real adventures of the Titanic"? Oh, sure as if the real Titanic had sterotypical mexican mice and rapping dogs. :rolleyes: That rapping dog was awful and I love rap music.
This movie was never released to the United States and now I see why. It is awful. One of the worst animated movies I could ever even think about and I know that just by seeing clips in the review.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
:anger I hate that rapping dog.  I want to KILL that rapping dog. :x  What the heck were these retards thinking when they created this pile of crap?  This piece of garbage is an insult to all those who died in the sinking of the Titanic!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
How strange when I am doing Titanic for my school musical that I find this? This is truly a disgrace. <_<

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm willin gto bet your school's rendering of it is probably a WHOLE lot more respectful, though.

"And they lived happily ever after" (?!).

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I love Nostalgia Critic, and I didn't believe this existed before I saw the review. Who the hell looks at this and says, "What a good idea!"?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Someone who smoked weed, probably. I can just see the production meetings and notes.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I still think everyone involved in this load of crap should have been removed from the gene pool so they couldn't spread their stupidity.  I think Plan 9 from Outer Space was better than this load of bullcrap.  The people who made this movie were completely stupid.  They had to be if they thought anyone would actually enjoy a freaking rapping dog, stereotypical Mexican mice, one dimensional characters, cheap ripoffs of far superior Disney movies, crappy animation, a plot worse than what a preschooler could come up with, and several other things I don't care to go into.