The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT - Chaos Ensues

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This is an idea I came up with after reading the topic about Natural Disasters in the LBT universe. I am currently at school and cannot fully give the plot, but I will as soon as possible.

Pretty much the Mysterious Beyond experiences a terrible disaster, which one is yet to be determined, and the residents of the Mysterious Beyond decide to make the Great Valley their new home by force. What happens when sharpteeth and other evil dinosaurs try to take the Great Valley?

Again, a better plot and more details will be given later. OC's will be allowed as well as canon characters, so if anybody wants to make their own character you may for this one. I will post what the character profile should contain later.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tell. me. MORE! :yes
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Hmm, Disaster! My love for catastrophism is telling me to try to join! Waiting for more details!

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.

Tech level? I'm assuming it's tech level 0.

Is it a war story? I only ask because it sounds like the Great Valley is under siege.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Now that I am free I can give some more details.

First off, I had not intended for this to be a war RP, but that could make it much more interesting if we had the major villains and any oc villains join together to attack the valley while the gang and residents of the Great Valley band together. Perhaps I should change the name to LBT - Battle for the Valley, as that would probably make this a little easier.

Secondly, this is a NO MAGIC RP. I know some RP's that tried magic kind of get out of hand and mess up a little, so I want to keep this as pure to the LBT as possible. However, I have not yet decided on whether or not prehistoric weapons will be used. For example, someone could take a sharp rock and tie it to the end of a thick tree branch to make a sword or spear. That may be to much, but you guys can leave feedback.

Third, this is already going to be a multipart RP, probably two at the most. The first part will take place in the Mysterious Beyond when the catastrophe happens. The second part will be in the Great Valley when the "war" takes place. This is where things may get a little complicated, BOTH RP'S WILL OCCUR AT THE SAME TIME This will allow us to work out both sides of the story. Again, if this is too complicated, then we can certainly make it more simpler. It's up to you guys, because I will do whatever. I want to make this a fun rp for everybody!

Well I'm going to leave it open for suggestions on how the structure should work. If anybody has further questions on the plot please ask me.

Before I forget, if you are planning on making a character for this, this is the profile you must use.

Name:
Species:
Home of Origin: Great Valley or Mysterious Beyond
Allignment: Good or Evil
Appearance:
Short Bio:

I want to make this perfectly clear. NO SUPERNATURAL ASPECTS ALLOWED! This means no super strength, speed, sight, endurance, etc... This is going to be a fair rp.

For those that would like to use a cannon character, as in one from the movies or tv shows, I will make a list of the available spots. It is first come first serve for all characters, so don't wait to choose your character. Not all of them have to be used, especially since there is a wide variety of characters to choose from. If I forget any characters, please let me know :blink:

Great Valley:
Littlefoot:
Cera:
Ducky:
Petrie:
Spike:
Chomper:
Ruby:
Grandma Longneck:
Grandpa Longneck:
Topsy:
Tria:
Tricia:
Ducky's Mom:
Petrie's Mom:
Pterano:
Shorty:
Bron:
Doc:
Sue:
Pat:
Rhett:
Ali:
Hyp:
Mut:
Nod:
Tiny Longnecks: (Any of them)
Moe:

Mysterious Beyond:
Ozzy:
Strut:
Dil:
Ichy:
Rinkus:
Sierra:
Red Claw:
Screech:
Thud:
Sharpteeth: (Any from the series EXCLUDING sharptooth from the first movie)

I wrote a lot so bear with me. If you still have any questions, please ASK ME :lol:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Now this is going to be something!
I'm in, might get me back on RP track!

I might join with two of my OCs, but in that case, I'll put their bio up later.
That'd be my blue runner Blueberry and his friend Fry, the tinysaurus.
As for orginal characters, these are the ones I could play as, or multiple:

GV:

Littlefoot
Ruby
Chomper
TINYSAURUES! Give me Skitter!
Shorty

MB:

Not sure, might come with an OC, but I'd have to think about it.

Anyway, Rob.
Count me in. I'd love to play in this one!  :yes

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, since the Great Valley dinosaurs are going to be under siege and they are intelligent, I'd assume some of them would improvise weaponry as they were invaded to try and give themselves an advantage. Same goes for the invading force, they'd probably improvise weaponry to try and gain an edge. Hell, even Chimpanzees have been seen using spears.

Are there any restrictions on species of dinosaurs per side? One of the good characters is a sickleclaw (sharptooth)

I'll place my character bios here as I may jump in later.

OC:

Name: Deimos
Species: Sickleclaw (Utahraptor)
Home of Origin: Mysterious Beyond
Alignment: Good
Appearance: a solid brown Utahraptor with a small crescent scar on his face near his right eye
Short Bio: A wanderer from the Mysterious Beyond who lost his home to a flood. He has joined up with his leader and herd to find a new home but he has expressed doubts when the leader mentioned conquering the Great Valley. His sense of justice would not allow him to cooperate in a conquest mission and he has firmly made up his mind to defect to the Great Valley side.

Name: Dromaeo
Species: Sickleclaw (Deinonychus)
Alignment: Evil
Appearance: a thin but muscular grey Deinonychus. He has a deep scar that cuts across the right side of his face.
Short Bio: A member of Deimos's herd. Along with the other members of his herd, he lost his home to a severe flood. He has expressed a desire for conquest of the Great Valley. He hates Deimos for no reason other than the fact that Deimos will not join the conquest mission.

Name: Ovius
Species: Fast-Runner (Oviraptor)
Home of Origin: Great Valley
Alignment: Good
Appearance: a dark blue Oviraptor with some slashes of light blue across his back and down his neck.
Short Bio: A member of a wandering herd who had gotten separated and eventually made his way to the Great Valley. He lived in secrecy until he was found by one of the Great Valley dinosaurs. He eventually became an accepted part of the valley.

Canon:

Ozzy (MB)
Strut (MB)
Hyp (GV)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Well with me begin a RP addict I'm in! :DD I'll add the OC bios as soon as I can.

Now for characters...

GV:

Grandpa Longneck

Pterano

Ducky

OC:

Longtail

Cyrix

Hunter

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I love this idea, I'll  only take a couple characters though since I'm still fairly new to the how rp thing.  Cera and Spike, if you don't mind.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I'm on the same boat. ._. I don't Roleplay LbT very much, so this'll be a starter.

I'll be taking Shorty for one canon. I think I might do well with his personality, and my single OC, Kyro.

Name: Kyro
Species: Rockback (Dorsum Lapis) (sorry for the copy on that one, Serris)
Allignment: Good
Appearance: I'll use a small citation from my story for the appearance, if you don't mind. "(...) looking much closer, the stone was actually a living being, which’s back seemed to be the polished surface of a stone. The rest of their body, however, resembled one of a threehorn, due to the existence of a slightly grown horn in the front and the existence of two pre-born horns on the head. This was obviously a young citizen of these beings, and this particular one had a slightly brown color, and it was called Kyro."
Short Bio: Kyro, as well as most of those of his species, has lived quietly over rocky grounds of the Mysterious Beyond. Kyro, though, gives up the peace of the herd to explore more into the Mysterious world over the pile of stones.

Well, if it ain't enough, just ring a bell.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Would it be fine if I brought some OC characters that would be neutral in this conflict? Like independent group of fastbiters that want only to survive and not to conquer GV, but at the same time they would hunting on Valleyers?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow this definitely got a positive response :D  You guys volunteered a lot, but I'm going to try and make this a little more even out. Also, the more characters you are responsible the harder it can get keeping track of it. However, if you truly really desire a certain character and I don't give him/her to you, please let me know by PM and I will work something out with you. I just want this to be fair for everybody.

Now then for the taken characters:

Canon

Littlefoot: Lillefot
Cera: raga
Ducky: GVG
Petrie: Nick22
Spike: raga
Chomper: Lillefot
Ruby: Lillefot
Shorty: Explorer (sorry Gustav, but you'll like who you get)
Ali: Drake
Rhett: Nick22
Moe: Drake
Grandpa Longneck: GVG
Grandma Longneck: Darkwolf91
Bron: Darkwolf91
Doc: LBTFan13
Sue:
Pat:
Ducky's Mom:
Petrie's Mom:
Topsy: Darkwolf91
Tria:
Tricia:
Pterano: GVG
Hyp: Serris
Mutt:
Nod:
Skitter (Tinysaurus): Lillefot (congratz :nyah )

Mysterious Beyond

Ozzy: Serris
Strut: Serris
Rinkus: GVG
Sierra: LBTFan13
Dil:
Ichy:
Red Claw:
Screech:
Thud:
Other Sharpteeth:

OC

Zaine: LBTFan13
Longtail: GVG
Cyrix: GVG
Hunter: GVG
Kyro: Explorer
Deimos: Serris
Dromaeo: Serris
Ovius: Serris
Blueberry: Lillefot?
Fry: Lillefot?
Lori: Drake
Alice: Drake
Al: Drake
Leo: Drake
Claw: Myrkin

@ Myrkin: Neutral characters would be an interesting addition. And if you wanted to later you could have them choose a side to fight on :D

@ Serris: Your characters are fine :)  I didn't plan on having restrictions on the species on each side unless too many sharpteeth were on GV side or leaf eaters on MB side ;)

@Explorer: Your character bio is fine the way it is! You don't need to expand it unless you want to :D

@GVG and Lillefot: You two have the most characters, so if you ever feel stressed out or feel you cannot handle every single character, you may certainly opt to stop rping as the certain character. I'm sure somebody will want to grab him/her. Just let me know if you get too boggled down :yes

One final note, please do NOT feel obligated to play as a character because nobody chose him/her. NOT EVERY CHARACTER IN THE SERIES HAS TO BE USED :blink:  I just posted the list so you guys knew your choices.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm in. Sounds like fun. For canon characters, I'll just take Ali and Moe for the time being.

For OCs I'll play as my Allosaurus family.

First their only daughter:

Name: Lori
Species: Allosaurus
Age: 16? (Or a little older than Chomper happens to be at this time.)
Allignment: ???
Appearance: : She is slightly shorter than Chomper. Her skin is reddish brown with blue stripes. Her underside is peach colored. Her eyes are red.
Short Bio: She is the only child in her pack and never had any brothers, or sisters. She has learned leaf eater from her parents. She is more mature than most other children due to her upbringing in the Mysterious Beyond and her lack of other children to play with, he can come across as cynical and cold, but is friendly once you get to know her.

Name: Alice
Appearance: Her skin is light brown with green stripes. Her underbelly is peach colored. Her eyes are green.
Short Bio: She is Al's mate and Lori's mother. Originally from a different pack, she left that one to join Al's after the two fell in love. She is a very caring person, especially towards her family, but is a vicious fighter when angered.

Name: Al
Appearance: Red skin with light blue stripes. He has several scars on his body due to his aggressive nature. His eyes are red.
Short Bio: The leader of his pack. He was the son of the previous leader and showed himself to be a good leader even from a young age. He learned leaf eater from his parents (who knows where they learned it from) and has thought this skill to his mate and child. Most of his pack was eradicated by the catastrophe and he feels guilty over that. He is often serious and aggressive and very protective of his remaining pack.

Name: Leo
Appearance: Red skin with blue stripes. His eyes are red.
Short Bio: He seems to be the opposite of his brother. He is a joker who believes in having fun. He can also serve to calm down Al when he gets too aggressive and has been a fountain of emotional support since the rest of the pack was wiped out. He is very popular with his niece, though Alice sometimes thinks he is a bit of a bad influence on her.

Their alignment is ??? because I'm going to wait and see what happens with the RP to see which side they join. They'll probably be on the Mysterious Beyond side though.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll be Rhette and Petrie..Do you guys mind if I have Rhette constantly bhitting on Ali the whole time? :DD
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Claw

Species: Fastbiter (Raptor)

Allignment: Neutral

Appearance: His skin is green with reddish brown stripes. He is strong. His eyes are yellow.

Short Bio: Claw is the leader of small group of fastbiters, which was one of the few pack that didn't lose any of its members in a flood. Now they all are looking for a place to live, with enough food to feed them. That's is the reason why they came to the part of Mysterious Beyond in immediate vicinity of Great Valley. Along the way they've met the couple of fastrunners, which agreed to help them with getting to GV for promise of protection from other sharpteeth that arrived in this area.

I only bring one character description, because I prefer to introduce OC rather in game, so you will know the rest of Claw's pack later, if that is alright?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just a quick thing: I update the list of taken characters whenever you guys decide to choose somebody, so PLEASE REMEMBER TO LOOK AT IT :blink:

The characters in Bold are the most recent characters taken. Also, if there ever is a trade in characters, that will be in Bold as well :nyah

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've got a name for the RP as a whole: Two Worlds, One Crisis

For the two parts:

MB part: Crisis in the Beyond
GV part: Battle for the Valley Subtitle: The Great Valley is under siege!

I still haven't gotten a response regarding weaponry. Granted, stones were used several times in the canon as weapons.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, it's reasonable that the dinosaurs may use the enviroment to their advantage as well. Rocks, sticks... those things work?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Those names work great Serris! Thanks for suggesting them.

Sorry I didn't respond to you about weapons, but I completely forgot you mentioned them. I actually think weapons would work out great for this, just prehistoric spears or slingshots using vines and rocks etc...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, the dinosaurs are essentially in the stone age.

I chalked up a list of weapon permissions for this RP as a suggestion (This is extremely similar to the weapon set in Twilight Valley except that fire is permitted in Twilight Valley):

Permissible weaponry:

blowgun and poison darts
maces (rock tied onto a stick)
clubs
stone knives
spears (stone and wood points)
stone ax
stone hammer
rocks
sticks
vines (for strangling)
poisonous/irritant plants (for poisoning food or throwing/dropping onto enemies)

Banned weaponry:

bow and arrow
atlatal (spear thrower)

Up for debate:

fire
sling launched stones
slingshots