The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Idea for Jungle Cubs Rp.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was thinking of making an RP based on the Jungle Book's spin-off, the Jungle Cubs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Cubs , which is abut the main animals when they were kids. The RP would just be about adventures they have, the plot would develop as the RP goes on.

So, who's interested?

Young Baloo-Kor
Young Bagheera-Brekclub85
Young Shere Khan-Kit12
Young Kaa-Kor
Young Louie-Brekclub85
Young Haithi-Kit12
Young Winifred-

OCs, if you have any for JC, are encouraged.
Basdev-Kit12
Namita-Kit12
RJ-Dash the Longneck

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like it may be interesting, though I've not seen the show before, nor heard of it before either for that matter.  

Though it looks like youtube has the opening and 1 10 minute episode.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There's 3 English episodes on youtube actually:
Red Dogs (Parts 1 and 2)
A Night in the Wasteland (Parts 1 and 2)
How A Panther Lost His Roar

So, anyone interested?

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have seen the show and found a few on Youtube. Hmm, I think I could handle SherKhan the best so I'll take him if you want.

I even have an idea of an OC, or two, black panthers. Basdev, who would actually be around 15ish and older than the kids and his kid sister, Namita. I figure they can be new to the jungle and Namita atleast looking for friends when she/they stumble upon "the kids".

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if I want to be young baloo or Kaa.  I'd have to watch or download the bits they have on youtube maybe and make my final decision then.

I've not seen the movie in a long time.  I guess one could say, either this is another universe from the movie, or that the movie takes place some 20 years or so later and something happened over that time to drive some of them apart.  Though I don't recall the details of the movie to well.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, they never really established what drew the friends apart, that's left to our imagination.  But yeah, it's set in the same universe as the movie.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wikipedia (I think) points out that in seson 2 of the show they do start to drift a bit into their own interests and what not, maybe leading in to how by adulthood Bagheera and Baloo would be the only one's on speaking terms it seems...though saving Mowgli aside, there might not be anything to say that Kaa's on bad terms with the others so long as he's not trying to eat someone they like, who knows :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could indeed be that some of the group by the time of the movie won't speak to each other & may hate some others, but maybe they may be neutral to friendly towards Kaa, as long as he's not trying to catch and eat one of their prey, someone they know, family member, ect.  He may be the only one left who can, maybe, talk to all of them or get along in at worst an ok manner.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, I agree, because in both Jungle Books, we only really see Kaa in scenes when he wants to eat somebody, we don't know how he acts when he's not hungry.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True.   Some of them, once they are adults, may find some others a bit annoying but ok for short visits if they happen to encounter each other.  Baloo being a plant eater can get lots of food quickly, Bagheera has to hunt & if most hunts don't go successful he's always busy hunting so has little time to just lay around a lot and be relaxed a lot like Baloo is.    Just for some quick guesses.  

I'm not sure between Baloo or Kaa.  I'll have to watch the 3 episodes again.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just one of the shows I missed growing up but would love to join this roleplay. I will even join as one an OC .  I'm thinking about maybe a young Tiger named Ronjominey or RJ for short  who's still a kid who befriends Baloo and the others?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Added! (Also, if you want, you can control both Kaa and Baloo Kor.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok.  I'll go ahead and control both, since there seems to be no interest in them.  I may let someone have 1 of them later on if someone shows interest.  

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, also so we have more of "the gang" there if you want me to take Hathi too, I can do that and if someone wants him or Shere Khan later I can let one of them go.