The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 72047

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: joshua1127,Mar 26 2011 on  02:38 PM
the Universal Animation Studios being reopened, or the rights to LBT being sold to some other company

I just still hope that It'll be sold to a movie company or the studios reopens. do you have the same hope as I do?
Neither of those will happen. Universal owns Land Before Time, they won't sell it to another company. If they want to end the series, they're gonna keep it that way.

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Adder, I understand. We (meaning other members and me) shall be allowed to believe what we want to believe. I Love the Land Before Time a lot even as a young boy with autism. I Still will not give up hope even some members too.

Littlefoot however, I see his character on me. I just think he has autsim just like me.

I agree with some of the methods and some methods I don't agree. I will still allow others to believe what they want to believe. Like you told me Most all Blogs are not true? but we can still believe what we want to believe. it's just part of human nature we have thoughts and feelings.

I've been reading all of the messages about this topic on this thread by different people, and members.
Vonboy for example, He has his own points, opinions, thoughts and hopes. I agree with some his methods.

:angel  Now, I'm still not saying that you are wrong all that I'm saying is let's just believe what we all want to believe and not worry about it cause all we can do now is hope. no matter if we are right or wrong. or the blogs are both right and wrong too.  :angel

Sometimes Giving Up produces no good.

:confused  Do you except and understand for what I say to you? Honestly

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: joshua1127,Mar 26 2011 on  04:18 PM
I just think he has autsim just like me.
Littlefoot doesn't have autism, don't even start on that subject. <_<

Like you told me Most all Blogs are not true?
Most of us know that won't happen. Exactly, I said most, I didn't say all, now did I? That one I linked to is one of those few that is a true blog.

I will still allow others to believe what they want to believe. but we can still believe what we want to believe.
You've said that three times already. You don't have to say it all the time, I'm sick of hearing it. I've let The Land Before Time go, and honestly, if a Land Before Time XIV is made, I won't be excited about it. My current interest is Watership Down, not The Land Before Time. I'd watch it, but only once.

or the blogs are both right and wrong too. :angel
Nothing can be write and wrong. It is either right or wrong.

:confused Do you except and understand for what I say to you?
No, I'm sick and tired of hearing about The Land Before Time XIV happening or not happening. Your the only person on this forum that cannot drop it.

Right about now I wish this topic would be locked so no one can post in it anymore.

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Alright Adder, I'm sorry that your sick and tired about the LBT XIV happening and not happening. I'm just trying to tell you what Vonboy has told me. Now I will stop bringing up this topic. But I'm pretty sure other members might bring it up. cause I'm not the only one.

Anyway I'll keep my hopes and thoughts to my self.

Here is a deal as friend and a member - If you hear anything from Universal Animation studios being reopened (which you say you doubt will happen) you let me and other members know. cause I will be off this topic for three months to think, do my hobbies, my work ect. After the 3rd month ends I'll be back how about that? deal?

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I already saw what he said. Other members only brought it up before because you did. If you had left it alone before, it wouldn't have been brought up now.

I don't know how to contact Universal, so how would I hear anything from them? :blink:

How about you forget this topic completely. No offense, but this topic has been adding more stress to my life than I've had at school, so just stop posting in this topic completely. The same goes for the other forum, don't mention it there either. Besides, even if I did hear anything about Land Before Time XIV, I wouldn't post it because it will just be false rumors.

There is other non-land before time related sections to post in. I rarely even view anything in the land before time sections anymore.

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
:angel Forgive me for putting So much stress on you  :cry

I Have a lot a stress the same as you do. I'm just disappointed in the movie company and I have a lot of stories to write, Illustrations to work on and my Artshow in Fulton Missouri is being prepared to be open on April 16th 2011 and if your interested in coming to my Artshow you and your family are invited to come. I Made an invetation and I'm making 50 copies. Are you interested in coming to my artshow if you are let me now what your parents say?

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't live anywhere near Missouri, so no. My parents wouldn't approve anyway. Just don't post in this topic anymore after this. Leave it to rest.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I won't be posting in this thread anymore.

But yes, I do still have a little bit of hope.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Mar 26 2011 on  09:27 PM
I won't be posting in this thread anymore.

But yes, I do still have a little bit of hope.
I won't be posting this topic and I'll be doing the same thing as Vonboy did but I am glad that Vonboy will not give up hope on the Land Before Time and for the company to reopen or for the LBT be sold to another company.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll be doing the same thing vonboy's doing. I probably won't be posting here again, but I do have a bit of hope that it might happen.

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm pleased of both of you, Vonboy and LBTDiclonius, that you will never give up hope just like I am doing now.

Now let's just keep this hope to ourselves and not bother anyone. Plus, my friends now while we hope we must wait.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I said this once and I'll say it again, forget any chances of this movie or the studio opening again. I am not in the mood for this crap after what I found out yesterday...

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
My only curiosity about this is... which studio closed down?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Universal Animation Studios, so Universal isn't working on ANYTHING animation related anymore, including LBT and Curious George.

EDIT: And I just broke my vow not to post in this thread again lol. Oh well.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
See that doesn't make sense to me because I SWEAR I've heard of a Despicable Me 2... and that's done BY Universal Animation Studios... Whatever... we'll see if that was just a rumor, or not, too.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't vow to anything HA HA HA. And I highly doubt we will see another crappy Land Before Time Sequel any time soon. And I'm glad that that stopped after the thirteenth movie. That is what killed the series I bet. So no doubt that there will be a 14th movie.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
As much as I'd love to see another Pterano movie, I'm kinda glad they stopped the series. Cuz if they did make another sequel, I'd have to go back and edit my fanfiction so everything makes sense.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
They won't because suppose the company is shut down. But if I herd right there is a a sequel of Yep Universal is making the sequel to Despicable Me 2. Witch comes out in 2013. So I bet they decided to end the series because the 13th move sucked so much.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Never say never, but if LBT ever was to be ressurected, HUGE changes would have to be made, and I'm serious about this.

The sequels started off great. Yes, they were a departure from the original film but everything up to Journey through the mists was amazing. Then movie 5 came along, and things suddenly shifted into much weirder territory. Sure, they still had their good moments, but they were definitely starting to lack the magic of the earlier films. The colors were off---movie 5 used too many yellows, movie 6 used too many reds, the animation in 7 was awful and soupy, the animation in the movies after that was horrendous. They even started to add horrendous things like cgi, that god-awful nightmare "Imaginary" song in 9 which gave Barney and King gator a cameo, the idea of "Tinysaurs", giving Littlefoot a father, having tickilsh sharpteeth, that awful where Ducky, Spike and Petrie cried like babies, and they even tried to soften Topps up. Not that I like him being racist, but were Tria and Tricia really needed? I think he was doing just fine in 6-9!

But it was the TV series and Wisdom of friends that completely killed the series. Wisdom of friends is possibly the worst film in all existence---nuff said. The yellowbellies must die. And the tv series? Awful animation, terrible songs, bad music...folks, if we were to ressurect LBT there would have to be serious changes.

1. Make ALL the songs likeable. NO damp squids. Make them ballads, broadway style numbers, rock songs, anything cool. Make sure none are kiddy and several are orchestral.
2. Go back to the animation of the earlier films. No bright animation, no cGI, no soupy animation.
3. Make the color tones mainly blue, green, and dark blue. No birght colors allowed.
4. NEVER, I mean NEVER, bring back the tinysaureses, Tippy and his herd, Rinkus,  Dinah and Dana, the idiot flyer judges from 12, Petrie's imaginary friend (or any imaginarty friend for that matter), or those (bleep)ing yellow bellies! Or any character of the tv series. Also, I don't want  Mr. Thicknose, Ruby, Doc and Pterano brought back. And certainly not Bron. Forget Bron ever existed. (Sorry, Shorty, that means you go too.) And any character of the tv series. The only characters of the sequels I really want back are Ali(the REAL Ali of movie 4, not the fake one!), the bullies from 3 (make Hyp look like he did in 3), Archie, Elsie, Sue, and Mo (as long as he's colored rightly.) Oh, and Ozzy, Strut, Ichy, Dil, Sierra (have him be a solo flyer now)  and the Lioplerudon, providing they survived.

As for "I'll think about it":
Maybe Tria. (Tricia as well, can't have Tria without her.)  And maybe Pat and Guido too, maybe.  I like Guido but he didn't feel like something out of "classic LBT." Maybe the rainbow faces, although I'm against aliens in LBT.

5. Give the end credits beautiful score, not songs from the movies. that's what they did starting with 3 and until 8 (a bit was used at the end of 11) and it would give the ending of the films a really good feel. I liked that and I prefer listening to beautiful score instead of some lame cover of a song in the film ("Bestest Friends" is the cover I'm talkin bout, not that of "No one has to be alone", that one actually was good and fit well) or a lame reprise of a song in the film.
6. Don't make the characters bland or overly stupid.
7. No filler scenes. Remember that scene where Ducky got kidnapped by the Pteradactyl in 5, for instance?
8 . Make the plots intriguing and mysterious, like in 4!
9. Give the films an overall more mysterious feel. The last few films really lost that.
10. No baby names! "Sky water"? "Sky colors"? No!
11. No goofy, kiddish stuff! WE CAN NEVER, I MEAN NEVER, SEE ANYTHING EVEN IN THE SAME COUNTRY AS "IMAGAINRY FRIENDS", TIPPY, OR THE YELLOWBELLIES, OR YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
12. Draw the characters normally. Someone pointed out Tippy looked like a teletubbie and Mr. Thicknose didn't even look like an adult dinosaur. Go back to drawing adult dinosaurs like they should be.
13. Make all the characters great.
14. Reference Littlefoot's mother, like a lot.
15. Since the awesome as hell Sharptooth of movie 1, we've had precious few awesome sharpteeth. The ones in 2 were cool but still they were mommy and daddy, and the producers went further in dumbing them by giving them subtitles and making them turn nice to the gang and basically softening them. The raptors in 3 were okay but they weren't huge sharpteeth. Movie 5's sharptooth looked awfully drawn and he had those stupid plates. And he actually cried tears of pain?! DON'T YOU KNOW SHARPTEETH DON'T CRY?! The allosaurs of 6 wasn't even a t-rex and was dumb as a doornail. The t-rex in the story was okay, but he was from a long time ago. The one at the end was okay but he was hardly in it. Movie 7 only had raptors...in a flashback at that. Movie 8's sharptooth? Whatever!! Movie 9's lioplerudon was awesome! Bring him back! Movie 10's sharpteeth? Don't think so! Movie 11's? Raptors that are TICKLISH?! Movie 12's raptor was so dumb. Make all sharpteeth as big and bad as movie 1's.
16. Injure the characters! Have them spill blood, break bones, pass out, something!
17: Have a character die. In 12 sequels not 1 good character died. Which  is good but a little overly softening. Movie 1 always stuck out to me in my childhood as the only movie where a good character died.
18. Include more dark, action packed sequences, with rain and lightning, such as the one in movie 9 (seriously that was such a good scene, it felt like something out of a different film entirely and is proof that these movies could be a lot darker while still being kid friendly!)
19. Bring back the land of mists and the big water (call it the ocean, please.), and invent more cool locations.
20. Stick to the style of the first three sequels, maybe make it a little edgier. Don't go as far back as the style of movie 1, since it was only so dark cause they weren't sure if the great valley existed and now they do.)

Anyways, if the films even stood any chance of being revided, ALL of these things would have to happen. This would be a dream come true, but unfortunately chances are incredibly thin.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Don't bring back Pterano? He has a large fanbase from what I've seen, so to not bring him back may actually be a mistake. And personally I see no reason why he or any of the other characters you listed can't come back.

One thing that I should note is that a good movie or a good series of movies is not dependent on the thoughts on one person. Instead, they are a collaboration. For LBT to be resurrected in a way that is intriguing, even better than it was before, listening to the community as a whole is better than just one or two people giving ideas.

For instance, I can say that I feel that the series would benefit from having more violent scenes, a lot more danger, and having a few characters killed off in the sequels. But that doesn't mean the series itself would actually benefit; on the contrary, my ideas may actually hurt the series as the new violence may scare kids and turn adults away.

One of your ideas is to not have Pterano come back, which I mentioned earlier. However, this may be a huge mistake if LBT is resurrected and he is taken off the character list. Pterano is one of the most popular of the LBT characters, and there are many fans who would love for him to return. So having Pterano come back would have a more positive benefit than not letting him come back at all.

If Universal were to listen to only the ideas of one person, they end up alienating the rest of the community, in my opinion.

Personally, if there was to be a resurrection, I would rather see a collaboration of ideas from multiple fans rather than them strictly following anyone's ideas, including my own. I even wouldn't want my own ideas to be the sole decision making process; decisions made by a community rather than one person are, in my opinion, often better.

I hope I didn't offend anyone.