The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Trivia Game

Petrie · 774 · 129987

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I must be really confusing some people...

It's in LBT 5, 6, or 7. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hmm.
Apparently the guess of "Good inside" was wrong.  I interpret your formulation two of "the" characters as to include only two of the five main characters, which would exclude "Very important creature". "Beyond the mysterious beyond" doesn't sound sour, so I think LBT 7 can't include the song you mean.
As there haven't been two singing characters in "On your own" this one too can be included.
I strongly suppose that either "Big Water" or "Friends for Dinner" is the song you are looking for. There are some slightly dissonant parts in both of these, but I'm not sure enough to name one of them above the other.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think just for the sake of getting a new question on the table I'm giving it to Malte. ;)  "Big Water" was the song I was after.

Listen:  http://www.landbeforetime.org/music/05-01.mp3

Listen to the second time Littlefoot and Cera say "Big, big, big, big water...."  :blink:  Ouch.  Someone missed a note there.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:huh: I didn't even realize that one before. I hadn't thought of it but rather of some parts sung by Ducky and Petrie (though they weren't that bad either). I have to admit I don't think I would have ever answered that question more precicely. The music links at www.landbeforetime.org don't work out for me. I don't know why; maybe it's only me, but if others have the same problem (I receive a message saying that the server wasn't found), it may be an error that can be fixed.

Okay, here is the next question. Which of the land before time sequels begins with "The Great Migration", the melody James Horner composed for the original movie and that was played at the very beginning of LBT 1?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm postitive it's LBT III. ;)

P.S. Malte I changed the format of the songs so see if they work for you now. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks! I'll check it out as soon as I get to a PC with soundblaster and a connection that allows me to check it out.

Your answer is perfectly right! Your turn  :)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Name the LBT sequel where we meet the most new characters (excluding herds...only characters that have a major role in the outcome of the story).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think it has to be LBT 4 (Ali, Archie, Ichty, Dill, Tickles, The Old one and (she doesn't do or say anything important though) Ali's mother). This would make seven new characters.
Number 2 I think would be LBT 3 and 10 with four characters each (Hyp, Hyp's father, Nod, and Mutt respectively Bron, Sue, Pat and Shorty).

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Personally I'd say LBT 7 makes number two with Pterano, Rinkus, Cierra, the two rainbowfaces, and Mr. Spiketail (he had a brief but bigger role).  For a moment I think that the huge flyer near the end of the movie should be included in the list, but that might be disputed.  So for now, LBT 7 has six new characters.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Arvens? We need your "right" or "wrong" here in order to continue.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very sorry for the delay...lots of schoolwork to do plus I hit another one of my "I don't care" mood swings...

LBT 7 was the one I had in mind so Littlefoot gets it. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kenji gets it you mean.  :)
Alright, your turn to come up with a question Kenji.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
What? :blink:  Arvens asked for the movie with most number of new characters in one movie, and you're the one with the right answer.  So it's your move, Malte.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Arvens wrote that he was thinking of LBT 7, so it would be your turn. In case one counts the Stegosaurus and the huge flyer as characters LBT 7 does in fact have more new characters than LBT 4. Also You are perfectly welcome to come up with a question  :)  
I can do it if you want me to; but really thinking of questions is fun too, and I don't mean to deceive you for it.  :D

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
But if the giant flyer was counted, it would've been a tie between 4 & 7 with seven characters each, right?  Oh well, I might as well come up with one.

Throughout the series, the characters named objects and each other differently than we do (i.e. spiketail=stegosaurus, sun=bright circle, locusts=leaf gobblers).
But in one movie, someone said the actual word of something.  What was that something, who said it, and what movie was it?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I think there are a few but I'll have a shot.

In LBT 2, in the 2nd version of "Peaceful Valley" (end credits) Littlefoot says "SUN sets and rises". Obviously they've been calling it the Bright Circle but that was a change. Another one is in LBT 6 when the gang get Dinah and Dana back from Saurus Rock and the Allosaurus is loaming over Cera as she's lecturing them about her father's anger. When it dribbles on her (YUCK!) she says... "Hey! Is it starting to rain?" where in previous LBT's rain was refered to as sky-water (well, in #5 it was anyway)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have another to add: in LBT 5, it's called Big Water until the song when Cera says: bowl like a rock right into the sea....

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Eep!!  :wow   I completely forgot about all of that!!  Those prove to be much more definitive answers than what I'm thinking about.  :blink:  The one I was thinking about was in LBT 3, when Littlefoot said "tar pit".  I know that the gang came across tar pits before, but I couldn't remember if they even called it anything in the movie.

I'll give the mic over to Littlefoot.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Alrighty then! This has been the first time I've posted a LBT trivia question in ages it seems. Anywho! I want you to:

Point out at least 3 glitches or animation mistakes that have occurred through out the series. Im not talking about lines or what characters say like in the last question, Im talking about proper animation trip ups e.g. wrong colours on parts of a character's body. This also doesnt include the abnormal colouring of scenery that changes in times of danger...

OK........GO!!

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well I have two:

One was in the theatrical film when the gang goes to sleep in the Sharptooth footprint and the way they are sleeping before they go to the overhead shot does not match up with the one after (I have it captured and it probably will find it's way to landbeforetime.org before long since it's always nice to have a couple of video clips). :)

Another one I noticed was in LBT 7 which shows just how lousy their animation team was, was when it was night and Ducky found Pterano plotting...everyone is in a dull shade of color (because it's dark out) all except for Pterano's head.  :blink:  :blink: