The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Timon & Pumbaa

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Does anybody else remember the 1990's show with Timon & Pumbaa?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Never heard of it myself.  Looking on youtube I found what may be the intro of the series.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcbTzSQdn1k&feature=related

Found what sounds German to me, though I don't' understand German at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBG6rK4Oal8&feature=related

& just why not, found a Greek version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxKQGXjP1nw&NR=1

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes I do :D It was one of the many programs I saw on a Belgian channel with 'Disney Break' on it.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Timon & Pumbaa was a great cartoon series. It had all the classic styles of anarchy cartoons used to have and the jokes were funny. Ahhh...<sigh> memories  :D

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, I remember...it does bring back a lot of memories.  However, the show wasn't my favourite mainly because of the biased opinion that I do dislike those two characters.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Another one I watched as a child. In retrospect, it's not so good, but I enjoyed it at the time.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it wasn't all that good imo. i prefered those guys n small doses, as LK 1.5 proved they can;'t carry movie by themselves.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, I prefer the lions over Timon and Pumbaa.

If I were to give the comic relief characters of TLK a spinoff, I would've given one to the hyenas personally  :DD

Bruton the Iguanodon

I remember seeing this show in the late 90's on the disney channel, and then it was taken off, but I saw it again on "Toon Disney" (a channel we never got) while we were staying at a hotel on July 13 and 14, 2002 (we were on vacation in Eastern WA...I remember one episode I saw was the twister one).

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the main characters. And the series gets a little too silly sometimes. But it's almost as much of a classic TV series as LK was as a movie, and brings on a little  nostalgia even. That doesn't make it good or anything, but it does make it better thant LK 1.5--- :x)

I really liked when the hyenas got their own episodes. Like brekclub said, I would have given the spinoff to them. They are my favorite characters in animation right now outside of LBT, and since you guys here's a secret: I wrote on wikipedia that they'd be getting their own show in 2018! I'm sorry, I like the idea and the characters too much!