The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character Deaths

Noname · 35 · 3325

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
This thread is to commemorate and remember any dead characters from the RP section, to recount their stories here, and to tell what the impact they had on the plot, on the RP, and on the other characters.

For example, my deceased character of the greatest importance was Vaeri, the lover of Adykon (the main character) and mother of Rhiga (the leading female in my RP.) Her death was sudden and swift, cut down by a magical bolt launched by Dememoras, the main enemy of the roleplaying game. Her passing was more than a tragedy, it made the struggle against Dememoras change from a fight based on justice to a conflict based in no small part on Adykon's personal desire to avenge his dead lover.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Where can I start?

Insane Cafe 3: The Curse of the Haunted Hotel:

Ivan Belikov - Human - Dragonstorm assassin sent to kill the Pelvanida group - shot by Rime

Ching 'Chris' Shuang - Human - Dragonstorm assassin sent to kill the Pelvanida group  - shot by Nick

Indirectly, the deaths of these two led to the other two assassins allying with the Pelvanida group (all due to the power of money). Also indirectly, they started the "war arc".

Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest:

Ridley - Hawk - Dragonstorm cyborg reprogrammed by Shelton - helicopter he attacked crashed with him inside

Played instrumental role in saving Shelton and Dr. Kerzach and provided character development for Hawkeye

Dean Nixon - Human  - Pelvanida chef (and member of ADSA) - Humvee he was riding was shot by a tank

Dr. Arnold Greene - Ostrich - ADSA scientist - Humvee he was riding was shot by a tank

Dr. John Volkowitz - Human  - ADSA scientist - sedan he was riding in was blown up with a rocket fired from a pursuing helicopter gunship  

Dr. Klaus Ostermann - Human  - ADSA scientist - sedan he was riding in was blown up with a rocket fired from a pursuing helicopter gunship  

These 4 had little significance other than giving extra firepower and "filling out the world".

Howard Hicks - Dragonstorm scientist - shot by Aisha

His lie nearly got the heroes killed and it revealed that Dragonstorm has more allies. It also showed another facet to Aisha's personality.

Dr. Bradley Gallo - Dragonstorm scientist - stabbed with a letter opener by Dr. Kerzach

He mostly served as filler but he also gave a bit of character development for Dr. Kerzach.

Dr. Nicholas Jeston (Dr. Theodore Rawlson) - Dragonstorm scientist - shot by Alfred

He showed the resources of Dragonstorm and raised the specter that Pelvanida executives may have a hand in it because "Dr. Theodore Rawlson" is a dummy account set up to send info and acquire resources.

Martin "Marty" Ng also died but I will let LB&T do his profile.  

Note that Nixon and Dr. Greene were riding in the same vehicle (a Humvee). Dr. Volkowitz and Dr. Ostermann were riding the same vehicle (a BMW 7 series sedan)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yikes. Quite a few.

Some more of mine:

Asthia: Killed by the evil horror she was trying to awaken.

Arcantas: Killed twice. First, he was killed when he was pushed off of a tall tower, then killed again after being brought back as a vampire when Adykon threw a spear through his heart.

I've got some minor ones killed as well, but I'll spare those for another post.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
:lol Come to think of it....Longtail has indeed died several times, in various MSN Rps and in my fanfic.

One Long Tail: At first he begins to simply fake his deaths from his friends and his enemies but eventually starts to get closer and closer until he finally does commit suicide.

A New World, Same faces RP: He saves his uncle Cyrix, and takes the hit from a meteor that was meant for his rainbow faced uncle. He dies then too, albeit for only a few short minutes before he is revived.

A Life Saving Journey: Longtail is infected with a deadly virus that only affects one out of every 100 flyers. His friends attempt to find a cure, and indeed find one, but it quickly becomes apparent that he is fading fast and he appears to die.

I'll add more as they come.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You really like to kill that guy, don't you, GVG?  :lol

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's some more:

Note that I am not counting the metric ton of unnamed characters who died in the RPs.

Darwin's Soldiers:

Oli Struth - Ostrich - killed with a thrown knife by Werner

He was the first Dragonstorm scientist mentioned, thus he shows its existence.

Piotr Kozlov - Brown Bear - shot by assassin

Little significance except as an antagonist and "filling out the world".

Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest:

Sgt. Gary Noleson - traitorous special forces soldier - died when Pelvanida was leveled by an airstrike (locked in a closet and could not get out)

Little significance except as an antagonist and "filling out the world". Death symbolizes shift in environment (Pelvanida, NV to Culeston, OR) from 2nd to 3rd RPs.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
:lol Yeah. When I originally created Longtail, I always intended for him to be a martyr.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, they martyr whose death means less as he can't seem to stay dead. XD

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Serris,Mar 1 2010 on  03:32 PM
Martin "Marty" Ng also died but I will let LB&T do his profile.
Marty was one of three times I felt sad when I killed a character. At first he was just a character created as a Scrodinger's Prisoners background character, but I decided to bring him into the RP when we needed someone to find Hicks and Raulson.

He was a Pelvanida janitor and member of ADSA who, instead of evacuating the base, risked his life to spy on Hicks and Jeston and alert the others. He was unknowingly spotted by Hicks and stabbed in the back. Without him, the heroes would never have located Jeston or the lab with the key to Dragonstorm's secret laboratory.

The other was the unnamed technician from the first RP. He assisted Shelton in the control room, was the first to notice Hans being a good guy, and when terrorists were assaulting the control room, this dialogue ensued:

The programmer with Shelton slid open a desk, which contained two Derringers. He threw one to Shelton. "C'mon. we have to defend the entrance."

"Are you crazy?" Shelton exclaimed, fumbling and dropping the pistol. "I haven't fired one of these in my life!"

"Just me then. Stay safe." The programmer narrowed his eyes, and darted into the hallway.

He was killed seconds later by a pyro-missile, really the only good guy casualty in the whole RP.

The third is Eddie McKay, but he never appeared in a RP, so I won't talk about him. Also interesting, I was initially planning on killing Shelton at the end of the first RP, but the end I'd grown too attached to the character.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
These are the characters who went missing after the RPs.

Here are some:

Darwin's Soldiers

Sharon Varma - Pelvanida magnetic weapons researcher

Atticus Aedelwulf - commander of sublevel guards.

Darwin's Soldiers II: Survival of the Fittest

Spc. Leon Jackson - allied sniper

Wayne, Riley and Bradley (all ADSA members) were created by LB&T so again, filling the data on these 3 falls on him.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
^I released those characters into the public domain (as I have every character who isn't Shelton) so anyone can do with them as they please. :)

None of them are dead, but I guess they deserve bios anyway.

Wayne is the first ADSA member the team meets. He's the reason they learn about ADSA in the first place, and provides a lot of backstory regarding what's happened in their absence. He gets knocked out

Bradley is a tiger scientist the team meets in the ADSA HQ behind the meat locker. Riley is his assistant. Both serve as little more than extra firepower, and both get injured in the final shootout of the main control room.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Commander Axel: KIA escaping..pfft that didn't work did it?
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I also had the main villain of the "Fantasy RP" kill off an archmage after returning a statue. I'll mention that statue again, on the one-year anniversary of the RP in April.  :)

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
omg! the rp has been going for that long!!!
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That is indeed cool, the only rpg I participate that is still active is getting it's first year of life :DD .

To stay on-topic, I still don't have any dead characters. My character that is closer to death is my LBT OC Racnar, who is a Fast-biter kid with a progressive sickness that deteriorates his health with time. I can say that if he is still alive is in a great degree thanks to all the help he has received from many other players' OCs.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, someone's character just died in the fantasy RP. I know it was pretending to be one of your character's, Chiletrek, and that you controlled it for a long, long time. Now the mimic is finally dead and gone.  :blink:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Noname,Mar 11 2010 on  03:33 PM
Well, someone's character just died in the fantasy RP. I know it was pretending to be one of your character's, Chiletrek, and that you controlled it for a long, long time. Now the mimic is finally dead and gone.  :blink:
 :boohoo

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, that character was your idea Noname and it was yours, but it pretended to be a character of mine that we now know really died before the rpg.
 So it was a kind of shared character :confused . Well, but it is dead now so the deceit is over now.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed it is. We were looking for a way to "bring back" a character of yours, so the mimic was devised. And now it also died.  :blink:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Just killed off an entire squad of Dragonstorm commandos, and I kinda liked the chemistry between the group, despite their ridiculously low screen time. Dolon and Protesilaus in particular caught my attention. I may need to expand on this team's backstory in the future...