The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My youtube Account suspended :o

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
i have been on youtube since november of 2009 and guess what MY YOUTUBE ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED i had no copyright violations,and out of the blue i try to log in and I  CAN'T LOG IN. I HAD 40 SUBSCRIBERS AND 31 VIDEOS,I am done with youtube because of them doing such a mean and horrible thing i am not creating another account or even going on there anyone else having this problem? by the way my youtube account's name was 611OWNS i still have my other youtube called Charizardfan14 but now i am going to delete it.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
Delete it, YouTube is dead anyway.

Maybe you got no copyright violations in your videos, but on your profile, so called "Copyright Strikes". Go to "Account -> Manage Account -> Account Status: Copyright". If there is: "Your account is in good standing.", then you don't have to worry about anything, but if you got a Copyright Strike, it'll be noted there. If you got 3 Copyright Strikes, your account will be deleted.

I've got about 30 copyright notations in my videos, because the content is owned by someone else (most of the time it's Sony BMG), but no Copyright Strikes, so my account is in good standing. The only consequence I got is that some of my videos are blocked in Germany (but I'm able to watch my own videos, lol).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
If your account was suspended, there was a reason for it. What exactly did you have on your account?

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
All i had were videos of my model trains and a few videos of real trains and a video of me flying my f-15 on my flight simulator

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Flight Simulator might've been one thing, depending on who owned that game. The only other reason Youtube would suspend an account is due to behavior issues. If you were being nasty to someone, flaming/bashing videos, abusing the comment voting system, harassing anyone, that would also get you suspended.

Youtube doesn't suspend accounts to "be mean", no that's not one of their reasons. There's always a reason. Someone may have filed a fake DMCA or whatever it's called against you (it seems pretty common nowadays, I've heard of it happening before) and that got your account down. Someone might've hacked your account and was acting like a jerk to everyone and that got you suspended (or they could've closed the account themselves).

But if you don't want to get another account on Youtube there are other alternatives. DailyMotion, Yahoo Video, Vimeo, Veoh, Megavideo, and LiveVideo are just a few examples.

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions for other  video sharing websites, i will look at those because, i really did nothing i didnt actually talk to to many people on there and the flightsim was flightgear the free flightsimulator, i dont think it was hacked so i dont know maybe somone got jelous and reported me for no reason and got me suspended , but witch site do you think is the best out of all of those sites you listed?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I mostly just use Youtube, but of the ones I listed, not sure about DailyMotion. I used to go there but stopped. LiveVideo might be good. Not sure how it is, but at one time it used to have higher quality than YouTube. Megavideo I heard is sort of like Youtube but with less active moderators, so stuff ends up staying up there longer, unless they changed something. Veoh, far as I know, has no limits on file size or length (this may be good if you have very long/big footage you don't want to cut down). Vimeo I never used but according to Xmarks (a bookmark add-on I have) it's rated number 1 for video hosting (though I'm not sure if that's accurate), so it might be worth a look. Yahoo Video might also be good. Pokeplayer has uploaded videos there and so far has no problems with them.

So ultimately it comes down to what kind of videos you want to upload. What you can do is go to each of the sites and take a look around and see which one you feel suits you best.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^ Actually, the only real problem I have with Yahoo! Video is that I wish I had a bigger audience there. :P:

Yeah, other than that, I really don't have a problem.

As with Dailymotion, they are quite strict when it comes to there being only custom videos on there.  The only thing they really let slide outside that area are Movie Trailers, which I guess makes sense.

The rest, I really have no clue about.