The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Movies/etc that have a special place in your heart

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This topic isn't about necessarily what are your favorite movies, games, etc...but rather ones (And they can be among your current favorites) that have a special place in your heart whether it be for nostalgic value, or if they sparked or resparked your interest in something.

For me, I have special places in my heart for....

Movies:
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers and Child's Play 2 for being the first slasher films I saw fully and sparked my interest in the slasher genre.

Rat Race: The first PG-13 film I saw in theaters. (I was younger than 13 when it came out obviously) I found it hilarious then, and I still have a special place in my heart for the movie.

Games:
The PS1 Final Fantasy Trilogy (7,8, and 9)-I played first played 7 when I was either 6 or 7, and I was hooked instantly. Even though I was too young to understand the story, I loved the boss battle music in 7 and flying around the world map on the Highwind. The same goes with 8 and 9, with 8 having IMO the best airship theme.

F-Zero for the SNES. My first video game and racing game, it got me hooked on the genre instantly.

Crash Team Racing and Jet Moto 2: 2 of my first PS1 games and fueled my racing game addiction during the time my family owned a PS1.

Klonoa and Klonoa 2: I first discovered Klonoa as a demo that came on a bonus disc with my copy of Ridge Racer Type 4 in 1999. I absolutely loved the background music (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gtY188WZ2M ) and the gameplay. Even though all I knew about the game was the first two levels, that was enough to make me buy the sequel as my first PS2 game in 2002. Finally in 2008 I was able to track down a copy of the original game for PS1. (Albeit after seeing "Let's Plays" of it on youtube for over a year.)

Final Fantasy X-2: Although I don't like it as much as the first X, all of the previous final Fantasies technically were my older brother's games, so X-2 was the first FF that I bought.

Shows:

Disney's Fillmore!-For beginning my obsession with whodunit mystery shows and movies.

Case Closed/Detective Conan: Besides being my favorite mystery series of all time, this revived my interest in anime as a whole.

That's all I got off the top of my head now, all of things I've listed above, while not all of them are my all-time favorites of their kind of medium, they all have a special place in my heart.

What about you guys?