The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A/C Is Busted

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry to say this, but my A/C is busted and no one can come out until Monday (6 days from when I called them!).  Due to the extreme heat, I'll likely have to keep all the computers in the house off.  This of course means that the LBT Server and TheLandBeforeTime.org will *probably* have to come down until we have air again.  I wish I could spend this downtime of TheLandBeforeTime.org and the LBT Server to work on development and back-end work, but without a computer I'm pretty much stuck.  After this I'll likely need to have downtime of both TheLandBeforeTime.org and the LBT Server so I can work on development.  I'm going to work on a flash uploader as well as a preview function of the LBT Server and I might even change the skin around a bit to make it a bit more usable.  As for TheLandBeforeTime.org, I'm going to implement a members system as well as profiles and upload rights without having to use the LBT Server interface at all.  I have a lot of work I have to do, but it looks like I'll be out of commission for the next 5-6 days. :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hope you find ways to cope with the heat &  :goodluck

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well fortunately it's stayed a cool 87 degrees downstairs so I haven't had to shut down the LBT Server or TheLandBeforeTime.org, but upstairs it's pushing at least 100.  I'm posting this from the LBT Server as we speak.  But I can't be using the LBT Server to just browse around the internet and I don't want to turn on any other computers for fear of making it hotter down here so I can't stay.  I've got another three days of this.  After this heat is over, I'll probably shut down the LBT Server and check the processor and PSU and probably replace the thermal paste on the CPU.  It's really not good for it to be running in this heat.  But anyways, bye for now!  I'm so slick with sweat right now it feels like I just got out of the pool.  I think I'm going to fall asleep on the floor in my office again until around midnight.  Then it'll be about 75 degrees and more bearable.

EDIT:  I just have one question.  How the HECK did people survive here in Minnesota a hundred years ago without air conditioning?