The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Despicable Me?

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Has anyone else seen this? I went in not expecting much. I walked in and loved this movie to death. I have seen this movie like 7 times all ready. It is number two on the best movies of the year right now for me. Toy Story 3 was the best. But it's unfair to compare the two. It wasn't trying to be better it was just trying to be a good CGI animated movie and I thought it was great. I recommend this movie to just about everyone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
haven't seen but it looks pretty good.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In my opinion:

This movie was forgettable at best. Very predictable with an unsatisfying pay off, comic characters thrown in without any purpose ($), three central characters too whiney to care for, and an antagonist who doesn't seem to have any motive to his behavior, compared to the other truly evil chars that get off without any punishment. You got your opinions and I got mine, but I think anything of "the year" worthy will be something remembered ten years from now. I'm not sure I would say the same for "Despicable me" It's unfair to compare toy story with this film, because that's an entire franchise.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Sep 8 2010 on  01:28 PM
In my opinion:

This movie was forgettable at best. Very predictable with an unsatisfying pay off, comic characters thrown in without any purpose ($), three central characters too whiney to care for, and an antagonist who doesn't seem to have any motive to his behavior, compared to the other truly evil chars that get off without any punishment. You got your opinions and I got mine, but I think anything of "the year" worthy will be something remembered ten years from now. I'm not sure I would say the same for "Despicable me" It's unfair to compare toy story with this film, because that's an entire franchise.
I respect your opinion. A lot of the movies I say that are the best of the year I remember them ten years after it came out and other people don't . I have a taste for all movies. Mostly either I love it and everyone else seems to hate it. Or everyone else loves it while I think it's "OK"