The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Thoughts on The Simpsons Movie

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For Thanksgiving, FOX aired the World Television Premiere of The Simpsons Movie.  Having seen it, I shall now give my thoughts.

Animation: I am completely stunned by the visuals.  This movie is amazingly animated and the terms in detail definitely show it.  They were willing to milk it for all it was worth, and did a great job in the end.  In some scenes, there was a lot going on and were things that only masters at the art could pull off in such spectacular fashion.  I am not disappointed by the animation one bit.

The Story: Okay, despite the fact that probably just about everyone looking at the topic likely knows the story of this movie, whether it be from actually having seen it, heard it from a friend or got the information from somewhere on the internet, (maybe even some having their best efforts at "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la!" fail.) I'm STILL putting up the "SPOILER WARNING" sign.  So, just in case there's STILL someone who hasn't watched it and doesn't want to be spoiled is here, please leave now.  As for everyone else...

In 3... 2... 1...

Okay, so the basic premises of this story is that the town gets together to clean up the lake because of how badly polluted it is, and then Homer messes it up SO badly that the lake creates a new level of mutation NEVER seen before, thus making the government trap everyone inside of a dome.  Wow!

I mean, really, it would take a lot for the government to think that your home town is SO toxic that it needs to be sealed off from everyone.  I mean, any Simpsons fan would probably tell you of the episodes that gave the little mentions of how badly the lake was polluted, but for it to get THIS bad, that really takes a lot.

So of course you have to expect Homer to have to redeem himself, after escaping an angry mob in a ridiculous fashion, but not before going on some journey that makes him understand all that.  This also surely leads to him having to save the whole town from being completely destroyed and becoming The New Grand Canyon in the process.

To me, this story seems rather well planned out.  It's definitely something worth saving for a movie of a long running TV Series such as this, and I couldn't have expected any other TV Series to pull it off in the end.

Again, they've impressed me.

The Cast: Just about EVERY character you know from the series, that is still alive up to the point the movie is made, is in this movie.  Too bad a couple of them are killed off in this movie. (Dr. Nick, we'll surely miss you.) Sure, the main focus is around the main family of The Simpsons, but you can't help but notice all of the cameos.

As for the main cast...

Lisa gains a new love interest.  I'm sure we all know how long it'll last.

Bart is as big of a "bad boy" as ever. (If not bigger due to his "skateboarding naked" scene. (Yes, he's completely nude for the scene.  Plus the animators do a great job at hiding what they should hide.))

Maggie actually shows that she's one of the smarter characters of the series.  Seriously, when she's all grown up, (if they EVER make her grown up) she'll be serious competition for Lisa.

Marge finally has the courage to stop supporting the big tub of lug she loves when he seriously messes up.  I mean, there are times when it seems that the relationship will break, but it doesn't happen, yet this one was at a whole new level.  The whole "taping over their Wedding Video to record the good-bye message" scene was quite the convincing touch.

Homer, Homer, Homer! *shakes head* I can't believe you messed up THIS badly.  I mean, I've seen you mess up before, but this is a whole new low for you. (Save for those special Halloween Episodes, this was his lowest point EVER.) I'm not the least bit surprised an angry mob tried to kill you.  That's what you get for dumping a whole bunch of pig crap into the lake that everyone in town worked so hard in cleaning.  If anything, you seriously needed that redemption journey of yours.  You're better off for it.

I also like the touch of the idiot Arnold Schwarzenegger President played by McBane.

However, my favorite is the villain.  He's the head of the EPA.  He's mad with power. (The movie even mentions this out of all things.) He's the one who put the dome over the city.  He's one of the best (sorry, but he deserves this) manipulative 8@$7@rd$ I've ever seen in a movie.  Plus, he tricks the idiot Arnold Schwarzenegger President into blowing up the whole town.  Too bad he gets knocked out by Maggie in the end.  Oh well, I still love him as a villain.

As for the jokes, they make this one of the best Comedy Movies ever.  Seriously, it's well worth watching just for the laughs.

Overall, great movie and well worth the wait I gave it.  I'll probably even finally buy it now.

See ya guys later!