The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tangled

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So I have a big project coming for all you guys and I finished the first part of the video.  However, because of it's size, it takes a few hours to finish rendering.  So, without anything better to do, I decided to go and see this movie.

And having seen this take on Rapunzel, I have to say that it's a good (No wait, scratch that!  I mean, GREAT.) movie.  Disney proves itself to still be one of the best, even with us having to go through a disappointing summer just to see it.  In my eyes, it was worth the wait.

Now, it of course has all of the things you've come to expect from the 90's Disney.  Songs, a crazy plot that makes some boy and girl go on a crazy adventure and make them fall in love, and a little dark element to get rid of all that cuteness.

Now, about the dark element for this movie...

I've known them to go far with it even in ones they make for families, but seriously, Disney, really?  You went THAT route?  Seriously?  Oh man, Disney!  I'm not going to spoil it, but trust me, you'll be surprised when you see it.  Rarely do stories for the family EVER take this route.

Also, didn't know you could do so much with someone's hair.  Nice job being creative Disney. (And I'm NOT being sarcastic here.)

So yeah!  If you're looking for a good Family Film, go see it.  You won't be disappointed.

Well, see ya later!

PS: To Disney, how much further are you going to take the dark element with your Family Films.  I mean, seriously!  Sheesh!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
looks like the story is a good one., but remember rapunzelk snow white or other fairy tales had their dark edges to them, especially when told by the grimms.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Didn't she start complaining about the dress starting to get tight around the stomach after the prince's "visits" in the Grimms version? I doubt we'll see knocked-up-by-the-prince in Tangled, but I doubt this will be all rainbows and ponies, especially after seeing what they did with The Frog and the Princess (or was it the other way around?).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good, I waited for the movie in nearly two years!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i think so, but i haven't read that story in awhile..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not read the grim's fairytales since I was a kid or younger teen, but I remember they were pretty dark, or had dark scenes in them.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes they were quite dark including what happned to the wicked queen , or what the sterpsister do to fit in the slippers..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I still remember bits of them.  Think i do the bit about the slipper and what the step mother did to fit it, what some woman (forgot who) did to the thieves from ali baba who hid in some large vases, urns, or whatever they were, and other bits from another story or 2.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
My boyfriend and I are going to see this tomorrow. Oooh, I'm looking forward to this unexpected twist :D !

We heard at school that it was really great, and it was all the rage among the GUYS in my Latin class  :DD ! And one of the teachers said it was like seeing Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast for the first time. So, I'm quite giddy :D . Especially with seeing "that" route.

And let's face it, Rapunzel must have some pretty darn strong neck and back muscles :D !

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm probably going to go see it too..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I loved it! I was'nt at all bored with it.

I agree, the darkness near the end was a bit too much, but not as bad as what happed in Princess and the Frog.
It's a film worth seeing, and Im glad Disney used a fave name of mine, Pascal!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just finally went to see this. It was good, and Id recommend it to anyone before it leaves theaters.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This movie looks good. My friend said "you HAVE to see this!" I'm seriously thinking about listening to her advice.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Its out today. I bought it. Watch it twice so far (once with friends, once with mom). Love it! Loved it! Loved it! The best Disney has made a long, long time. It's everything good about a Disney film and a Pizar film rolled into one glorious package.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My mom wants this movie for her birthday, and I'm sure the family will buy it for her.

That being said, I seriously can't wait to get it! :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I think I've seen it about four times!
In the theatre with my boyfriend, then in Ohio with my brothers and cousins, and our DirectTV (or whatever...) in Florida with my family...twice in a row because my dad was watching football through the first one.

Fer sure a great movie...

But it's not Pixar, WR

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know it's not Pixar. I just said that it possesses the qualities that mak the best of a Pixar movie.