The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gargoyles RP

Rocky · 26 · 2993

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, I love the series gargoyles, so I was thinking of an RP based on this great animated series. Who's in?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm interested.  What's the plot?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, the only things I can offer right now are three OC's:  A French American freerunner & small-time vigilante that lives down the hall from Eliza Mazza, a professional illegal street racer trying to infiltrate Dracon's criminal organization for personal reasons, and a well-known gargoyle slayer from China hired to hunt the gargoyles in Manhattan.

I've been working on some Gargoyle fanfics years back.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm likely in.  Though I'll need time to get caught up on the forum since I am almost fully moved, and I lost internet Tuesday about noon, and just now got a call from the phone company to say the order is finished and found out I have the internet back, when they said it would not be till Monday.  

What time table is the rp going to be set in? After season 2, after the Goliath Chronices, somewhere during season 1 or 2?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
not sure, but I'm thinking along the lines of doing what the show's ingenious creator did and disregard most of sseason 3 aside from "The Journey" and a few lines from the episode "Dying of the light"

Also here's the character sheet

Name:
Race: (Species, not ethnicity) EX. Human, Mutate, Gargoyle, Cyborg, Robot, Third race.( See rules for third race)
Personality:
Skills/Abilities:
Weaknesses: Required.
Relatives:
Weapons/ Items/ gear: If any, clothes can be put here or in the Appearance:
Bio:

Rules

1. No God-modding
2. try to put time, effort, and detail in your posts.
3. try to be active, if you join and can't be active later for any reason, then let another player take over your role.
4. Be faithful to the personalities of Cannon characters. Example, demona cannot be nice to humans and goliath can' t be slaughtering humans. Also characters like Broadway should not always be depicted as pigs who only think about stuffing their faces, or Hudson spending the entire rp in a recliner.
5. Don't post in the actual RP until I OK your character.
6. try not to give cut and dry characters, make them interesting.
7. The rp with take place in 1997, but I will allow 2011 level of technology.
8. full blooded Third Race characters must be bound by Oberon' s laws. However mixed bloods like Fox or Alex are not, BTW, Fox can't do magic unless I approve it.
9. I have final say, though I might change my mind if a convincing appeal is made.
10. Have fun, be courteous and respectful, no swearing above PG-13, and BTW Hell is not a curse word it is a place.

Any questions?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds good.  Not sure who I'll play as.  I'll think it over.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can't think of any existing characters to play, but here are my OCs:

Name:  Jean "John" de Fueirre
Race:  Human
Appearance:  Caucasian, short-cut brown hair, gray eyes, 5'11", light build, jeans, t-shirt. sneakers, dark blue jacket w/ white tribal markings, fingerless gloves
Personality:  Opposite of stereotype French, light French accent, sense of honor & compassion, wry sense of humor, swears & argues in French only
Skills/Abilities:  Parkour martial arts AKA freerunning, acrobatics
Weaknesses:  Not proficient with any firearms, not very technologically savvy, not very strong, occasionally miscalculates his freerunning
Relatives:  Parents, sister (lives in France)
Likes:  Wine, black & white movies & TV shows (DVDs of course), Kosher food, roof hopping
Dislikes:  Stereotypes, anyone poking fun of his accent
Weapons/Items/Gear:  Cell phone, folding miniature grappling hook
Bio:  Jean moved to New York to attend school and compete in acrobatics.  His new home happens to be down the hall from NYPD detective Elisa Maza.

Name:  Melanie Pierce
Appearance:  Caucasian, shoulder-length rust-colored hair, dark green, 5'9", agile build, jeans, tank top, shin-high boots
Personality:  Dark, quick-tempered
Skills/Abilities:  Street driving, some muai thai martial arts, knife fighting
Weaknesses:  Doesn't trust anyone
Relatives:  Unknown
Dislikes:  Being called pet names
Weapons/Items/Gear:  Street-racing modified Nissan Skyline, butterfly knife
Bio:  Melanie arrived in New York City, supposedly from Boston, to get involved in street racing.  She would soon be involved in a crime group loyal to Tony Dracon, perhaps even in planning for something involving his time in prison...

Name:  Xin Long
Appearance:  Chinese, hip-length black hair, goat-t beard, black eyes, 6', medium build, clothes similar to Macbeth
Personality:  Cold, ruthless
Skills/Abilities:  Chinese martial arts
Weaknesses:  Overconfidence
Relatives:  None
Dislikes:  The weak, gargoyles & anyone who protect them
Weapons/Items/Gear:  Ornate flanged mace
Bio:  Nothing is known about Long other than his reputation for slaughtering gargoyles across China, even taking out villages in the process.  Now it seems he was being hired to hunt down the Gargoyles of New York City...

Name:  Dhole
Race:  Cyborg
Appearance:  Bears a striking resemblance to Fox, with the exceptions of an absence of a facial tattoo and shorter cut hair.  She has few indications revealing her as a cyborg
Personality:  Cold, merciless, cunning
Skills/Abilities:  Increased speed & strength, waterproof
Weaknesses:  Power core requiring constant recharging
Relatives:  None
Dislikes:  Fox
Weapons/Items/Gear:  Concealable blades in wrists, elbows, & feet
Bio:  Dhole was perhaps created to impersonate Fox among the ranks of the Pack, but her body had disappeared before the work could be done...

Name:  Saber
Race:  Mutate
Appearance:  Humanoid white tiger, blue eyes, feathered wings, 6'3", medium build, monk's uniform, minus footwear
Personality:  Calm, reclusive
Skills/Abilities:  Chinese martial arts, can generate electricity to glide & fight
Weaknesses:  Water (when attempting electric powers)
Relatives:  Unknown
Dislikes:  War
Weapons/Items/Gear:  Staff
Bio:  Saber was a Chinese immigrant, perhaps a monk, when he arrived in New York.  He was one of several victims of Anton Sevarius' mutant experiments, and was one of the last to escape captivity.  He finds his way to the Labyrinth Clan and becomes one of its best guardians.  His history with gargoyles may be longer than he lets on.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Arron Renard Servarious
Race: 75% Gargoyle, 25% third race (Mother's side)
Appearance:  when you look at Arron, your first thought are that he looks like a dinosaur. His tail is clubbed with small spikes all over the club. He has a bald dome shaped head with a ridge of several small spikes and two horns on his nose. He has knee elbow, shoulder, and knuckle spurs. Arron is also able to shoot lighting like the Mutates. He has red eyes like thailog and the clones.
Personality:Loyal, outgoing, curious. Arron has a temper and that can sometimes get the better of him. He is also a genius with a MENSA level IQ. Arron is a lot like his grandfather, Halcyon Renard in that he firmly believes in integrity and responsibility for one's actions.
Skills/Abilities: Able to generate electricity like the mutates, knows how to read lips, instantaneous memory, skilled hacker. Due to his Avalonian heritage, he has the potential to use both human and Avalonian magic, but currently lacks the training in either.    
Weaknesses: Turns to stone during the day, his age, his temper, water can also cause trouble for his powers.
Relatives: Anton Servarious( Father), Angela Servarious (Mother, deceased)  ,Jennine "Fox" Renard Xanatos( Aunt), David Xanatos (Uncle), Halcyon Renard (Grandfather), Anastassia Reynard/ Titania (Grandmother), Alexander Fox Xanatos( Cousin)  Manhattan clan (His clan)
Likes: Gliding, training with Hudson, learning about Gargoyles, Science, magic, his family (Minus his dad)
Dislikes: His father (In Bio), being used, doing nothing.
Weapons/ Items/ gear: He wears human clothes altered to accommodate his wings, tail, and spurs.
Bio: Arron was once a normal but brilliantly gifted boy. However his mother's death from cancer changed his life. Arron's father became more obsessed with genetics, to the point where he didn't care who got hurt. So when Arron contracted cancer, His father had invented a way to turn humans into gargoyles. Anton also added Electric eel DNA, and changed his son into a Gargoyle. This cured Arron of his cancer, however the terrified boy escaped and was found by the Manhattan clan. He lived with them, was taught by and cared for by them. However Anton Servarious wanted his son back and hired mercenaries to do it. Goliath and the others confronted Servarious and as he had done to the Magus centuries ago, Goliath threatened the not so good doctor to change him back. However the process was irreversible and Arron, in a fit of rage destroyed his father's lab.

Also Kenjiro, it's just called the pack, not wild pack.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's been changed.  Any of them good or iffy?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess it's oc's only?  Or oc's as well as fc's?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just don't know of any show chars to play, other than perhaps Brooklyn, Lexington, & Claw.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
cannon characters are ok, just be faithful to personalities, and kenjiro, your fine.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any Fc's folks think they may want to rp as?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll take Hudson, Bronx, Goliath, and David Xanatos.

also Kenjiro, are you sure the Pack changed it's name, cause the Gargoyle Wiki seems to say otherwise.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think I may do Brooklyn, unless someone else wants to.  I think I may try to think of a female oc gargoyle, since there are so few of those.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't say the name was changed.  I said I changed the thing on my post to correct the mistake.

By the way, I'd like to play Jackal, Hyena, Lexington, & Claw.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, sorry bout that.

Update, I will accept some things from the comics, but no gay gargoyles or excessive swearing.

also here's the role call

Canon characters
Goliath: Me
Hudson: Me
Bronx: Me
Brooklyn: Kor
Lexington: Kenjiro
Broadway: Me
Angela: Me
Elisa Maza: Me
David Xanatos: Me
Fox: Me
Owen: Me
Jackal:Kenjiro
Hyena: Kenjiro
Wolf:
Claw: Kenjiro
Talon:
Maggie:

Fan characters
Arron: Me
Jean "John" de Fueirre: Kenjiro
Melanie Pierce: Kenjiro
Saber: Kenjiro
Xin Long: Kenjiro
Dhole: Kenjiro

also, character sheets are only for fan made characters.

new rules

14. remember, spell check can be your friend, and no text or internet chat, proper English, slang is OK.
15. please try to give translations at the end of your posts if any words are in a foreign language.
16. I reserve the right to change the rules.
17. Post your character here first, or ask for a cannon role.

OK, how about we start off with Arron being found and adjusting to being a gargoyle, this will be after the gargoyle comic The Journey, but before Issue three.

yeah, I know I took alot of cannon characters, but I wanted to get this thing going.

the RP is up in the random RP section.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK.  Wasn't Elisa in a different alleyway than the gargoyles, since Arron ran from the area after stunning the cop?  If those three figures I started in the post were the ones Goliath and the gang took out, then I just wasted one of my posts.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
yes, elisa was in another alleyway, sorry.