The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Since it hasn't been done yet, here is this week's STREAM POST!

Remember, every place shown will stream the episode when it airs at 10:30 AM EST.

---------------------------------------------

Bronystate - Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Hulk Vs., Look Before You Sleep, A Bird in the Hoof (Starts 7:00 PM EST)

---------------------------------------------

Filly Synctube! - Mare-a-thon! (4 PM EST)

http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly (main channel)
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly4
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly6
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly7
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly8
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly9
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly10
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly11

----------------------------------------------

Brony TV - Bronytv is proud once again to present it's traditional mare-a-thon before tomorrow's new episode. As usual we will have my little pony, with friendship is witchcraft, and a few random surprises along the way, concluding with this weeks new episode . It begins at 7pm est Friday. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE

Brony Network - Every friday night starting @ Midnight (12am) Eastern time there will be a mixture of your favorite MLP:FIM episodes from both seasons including the follow up of the previous new episode before the new one starts at 10:30am Eastern. we hope to see you there.

MLP Forums - Starting at 4 PM EST we'll be watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets followed by The Hunger Games. A marathon of season one and two will follow immediately after the movies and last all the way until the new episode airs. Everyone is welcome to join the party. It all takes place at our new site: Equestria.tv

Until tomorrow, see ya!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I know. What I meant is that people might stop complaining about Gilda all the time, which I remember annoyed you a lot.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Stitch

Thank you SO much for doing that.  I had completely forgotten about it.  I'll still opt to do the SPOILERS POST along with my review tomorrow.  As for the YouTube post, we'll see if I am the first one or not.

Until tomorrow, see ya! :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 23 2012 on  08:14 PM
I know. What I meant is that people might stop complaining about Gilda all the time, which I remember annoyed you a lot.
It was more the hypocrisy towards the whole matter that annoyed me. Awhile back I had posted about how I thought it was hypocritical that Fluttershy fans wanted to kill Gilda for making her cry yet Fluttershy made Rarity and Pinkie cry and no one had a problem with it. The way I see it, what Gilda did was mean but what Fluttershy did was cruel. I mean, attacking her friends' passions, the very things that make them who they are is, in my opinion a lot worse than getting roared at.

Also, what's the deal with people hating on Rainbow Dash for the jousting match with Fluttershy? So what, if Rainbow Dash does even the slightest "negative" thing, then she's a terrible pony but if Fluttershy does the same thing then she's...not? I don't get it.

I'm sure this entire post has just been me reiterating the same things I've said before but the hypocrisy of Fluttershy fans just irks me a little(I still like her though).

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, I see. Though, to be fair, Gilda was utterly unrelentant of her actions. At least Fluttershy was devestated when she realized she went too far.

Yes, the Dash-bashing was ridiculous, on the other hand.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SPOILER POST!

We start with Applebloom freaking out about what to wear as she wanted to make a good first impression with her cousin.  Applejack tries to calm her down and tells her that their cousin doesn't have a cutie mark.  After hearing this, Applebloom freaks out, telling Applejack to get a move on, leaving her with a messy room.

Edits to come! :)

EDIT 1: Applebloom invites Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo to meet Babs.  They invite her to join the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but she seems rather hesitant to do so.  The CMCs show her the new float they made for an upcoming parade, but that's when Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon show up.  After the bullies tease them a bit, Babs joins the bullies of her own free will.  On top of that, she ruins the float.

EDIT 2: We now get a music montage of how much of a bully Babs has become.  They then find that Babs and the bullies have taken over the club house and so the CMCs decide to get her back by humiliating her at the parade.

They build a float that's bobby-trapped.  The three of them then trick Babs into getting into the bobby-trapped float.  Applejack then finds the three and tells them of how bad Babs is bullied in Manehatten for not having her cutie mark and how she came to Ponyville to get away from it all.  The CMCs then feel sorry for her and realize how much of a bully they've become.

EDIT 3: The three race to catch up with the float and hitch a ride with Pinkie's float to catch up.  After crashing Pinkie's float, they finally catch up just as the booby-trapped float goes over the edge of a cliff.  They jump in and save Babs, going over the edge and landing in a mud hole themselves.

After that, they confess to Babs and apologize while getting cleaned up by Applejack, who tells them they could've avoided all this if they came to her in the first place.

The CMCs have Babs join their club (after a long speech by Sweetie Belle that was written by Scootaloo) and make her the leader of their Manehatten branch.

Upon her leave, the bullies show up and start making fun of the CMCs.  Babs then defends the CMCs and trick the bullies into a mud-hole.  The episode ends with Applejack not get the kids dialect these days as the CMCs call her a "Bad Seed", but in a good way.

Okay, review to come!

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I like Gilda too.

And pony shoutout to Thanksgiving Day with floats.

Manehattan was mentioned but not shown.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!!

Whew!  Do you know how hard it is to do spoiler posts within a time limit?  I may have to consider giving up on them.

Anyways, this was a good episode.  One worth watching.  I did enjoy the rock-styled song in the episode.  Plus the storyline kept me interested.

It is an interesting concept that shows that some bullies are born from being bullied themselves and just want it to stop.  However, I fear that some may find it to be a bit shallow, but I believe it does give a very good lesson in the end.

So yeah, a well done episode with a good lesson, but one that might be a bit shallow to some.

YouTube post for song and episode later today.

See ya later! :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks like I was worried about this episode for nothing. I just finished watching it and I have to say that this so far my favorite episode of season 3. It was nice getting to see a bully episode that actually gave the bully a reason for being one.

I actually felt kind of bad for Babs. Like her I used to get bullied and to make myself feel better, I would also bully other kids. Also I never told anyone about my being bullied.

@Pokeplayer, I'm not sure why someone would find the lesson "shallow". I think it's a great lesson and one that's never really been touched upon. Not all bullies are scumbags that like to hurt others. Many bullies are victims too and bully others to protect themselves. I think it's a lesson everyone, not just kids need to learn.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
I thought the newest episode was well-played! ^^

Great moral, as always!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
So other childrens' misery made you feel better, Animeboye? Those are exactly the kinds of kids that used to bully me. I'm seriously having to make an effort to remain civil here after reading what you posted. I'm sorry, but that's the case. Bullying at school is one of my big berserk buttons. Please, oh please, tell me you regret your actions.

I find it hard to sympathize with ANY bullies no matter what their reason was, since the ones I had to put up with went well above and beyond the call of duty to make my life miserable (I ended having to pay for a library book they shredded because it was "a nerd book"). I eventually developed rather...violent methods of dealing with them once it was made clear the adults weren't going to do anything about it.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude, relax. This was all in middle school that this happened. Of course I feel bad about it. I've done a lot of things in my life that I regret.

I don't know what things were like for you when you were a kid but for me, I did have a lot of people who bullied me. Some of the people who picked on me, I would actually go on to become friends with(or at least acquaintances) others just left me alone after awhile. I don't hold anything against the people who bullied me anymore because I'll never see them again. I don't know what they're doing and I really don't care either.

Nowadays I don't try to start shit with people unless they start shit with me. For instance, I have a friend(who right now I see as more of an acquaintance) who has talked crap about me and my older half-brother. He's made fun of me for making simple mistakes, made fun of my niece who, at the time, was only a month old, laughs at my brother for being a Harry Potter fan(which is ironic because my "friend" is a Capcom fanboy), and earlier this year, claimed that it would be funny if my cat got run over(I named my cat Kenny; I'm sure you know where this is going).  I'm not even kidding about the cat thing. He really did say that.

I really don't have a problem with anyone personally. If you're cool with me, then I'm cool with you. If you want to start something with me, then we'll have a go.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's good, then. I knew this episode was going to get people's emotions going, including my own.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One Bad Apple are best episode of S3.

Episode 6
Title: Sleepless in Ponyville
Air Date: December 8, 2012
Synopsis: Synopsis: Scootaloo begins to have nightmares after hearing the frightful campfire stories.
(New!) Synopsis #2 “Sleepless in Ponyville”: Over a campfire, Rainbow Dash decides to share some imaginative and spooky tales, causing Scootaloo to have frightening, vivid nightmares; Scootaloo wants to get rid of her nightmares but doesn't want the others to think she is spineless.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah. When I was younger, I was a much different person than I am now. I was a huge problem child growing up. So much so that my parents even threatened to send me to boot camp in eighth grade. I also used to have a very bad temper. Now, I still have a bit of a temper but I'm a lot calmer than I was.

Nowadays I can't stand seeing people get hurt/mistreated. I have an animation teacher, really nice guy, and yet he might end up losing his job because of what some kids have been saying about him. I'm going to be talking to the dean about it next week so I hope I'll be able to do something.

Anyway, why am I talking about this? Let's get back to discussing the episode.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, the episode is related to bullying, so a few ancedotes from people who watched it were bound to come to the surface.

I hope you can save that guy's job.

Oh, man December 8th?! I'm going to be watching the LotR Marathon then! Guess I'll have to watch Sleepless in Ponyville on the 9th. :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Either that or on the 8th right after you get home from your LOTR marathon, though I"m sure you'll be exhausted and will go to bed.

It may be good to tell a parent, teacher, older sibling, ect about being bullied, teased, ect, but sometimes it does not good.  That is half the reason I quit high school when I did way back in the 80's.  Though I got a ged years later.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Weirdraptor, it would be great if I could save his job but unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. He's already made up his mind about leaving and quite honestly, after seeing how most of my class treats him, I don't blame him.

My teacher used to work at Disney. He's worked on movies like The Little Mermaid(he was the one who drew Ariel) and he's done some Winnie the Pooh shorts. He's also worked with Don Bluth on movies like Secret of NIMH and I think he's worked on American Tail too. He's helped me come along so much on my art in the eight, almost nine weeks I've been in his class and seeing him and his work get disrespected like this really pisses me off.

Maybe I can't save his job and I'm not going to force him to stay if he doesn't want to but at the very least I want to try to clear his name.

Enjoy your Lord of the Rings marathon. And if/when you see The Hobbit, let me know how it is because I might go see it(it comes out on my birthday).

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, that sucks. I hate it when students act like that towards their teachers. Well, I hope you can at least clear his name. That'll be in my prayers tonight.

I will. I will also be seeing The Hobbit, Film 1.