The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
STREAM POST!

Due to lack of time, I'll just post the main source link.

EqD Streams

See ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

Okay, I'm just going to say one thing, if ANY Applejack Episode is going to give her the spotlight among the brony community, it's this one.  If it doesn't happen, then I can only conclude that the majority actually hates Applejack.  The reason I say this is because there's only ONE potential pony to steal the spotlight, and with how the brony community feels about her... yeah!

Anyways, I will say that it was a good episode.  It shows the importance of what it means to spend time with family.  You don't need to make it all big and crazy to have a good time.  Just having a good time with one another is enough.

A good chunk of the episode centered around Applejack trying to make the reunion the best one, while everyone else just wanted to spend time together.  Applebloom and Babs Seed in particular just wanted to have a good time.  Yep, she appears.  So, the community will either focus on Applejack or 8!t(h about Babs Seed having too much time given to her.

In the end, her actions make it a terrible reunion.  Even destroying a particular well known family item in the process.  Song does appear at that point, by the way.

One thing I will point out.  When Applebloom was reading off all who would appear, not once did the words "Mom and Dad" come up.  It was the perfect point to bring it up, but it never came.  So I can only conclude that they are not around anymore.  Now that we have confirmed it, the community will want to know what happened.  Hope there's an episode about that.

Anyways, good episode that, if it doesn't give Applejack the spotlight among the fandom, NOTHING will.  End of story.

Well, won't be able to put up the episode link today.  Have to head to work now.

See ya later! :)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey MLP fans! Today's episode, Apple Family Reunion featured a new song, "Raise This Barn". Soooo many people helped make this song possible... Special thanks to UBC University Singers for the lovely choir at the end

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heh!  According to the fans at EqD, this episode actually got leaked only hours before it aired.  However, it was so close, that I doubt it was all that noticeable.

Anyways, here's the links.

Episode - Apple Family Reunion

Song - Raise This Barn

Also, looking at the comments... looks like I won't have to go crazy and have a "talk" with the fans as they are actually giving Applejack the attention she deserves. (Finally!!)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds like it could be an interesting episode.  I liked this one as well.  Though an Applejack centered episode it had other characters in it including seeing Babs again, though she and Applebloom didn't get much time to talk, not till the barn raising and after I would guess.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I find the thought that this is probably the last Apple family Reunion Grann Smithy will live to see to be depressing. This might even be the last time she'll ever see her cousins.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Recap: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic S 3 EXX Keep Calm And Flutter On  

The episode name appeared on the Wii U's TV service, and was later confirmed by Meghan McCarthy. The Wii U service claims this is episode 10 of the season, but it is already known that "Spike at Your Service" holds this production number. (This may be reference to its position in the broadcast order.)

McCarthy confirmed with the Wii U listing that the episode will air January 19, 2013 on the Hub.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^A Fluttershy Episode as the first new episode of the new year?  Sure, why not? :)

Oh, and everyone, people have pointed out that during the song of the latest episode, Carrot Top (Golden Harvest) was present.  Since only Apple Family members are supposed to be in this scene, I'm guessing that confirms her to be Applejack's local cousin. :o

Seriously speaking, I don't think any of us saw that coming.  Good job, writers. :)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
M.A. Larson ?@M_A_Larson

I just remembered I tweeted that Mayor Mare spoiler awhile ago. It has now become a cut line from Magic Duel. I'll post the context later.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I just got the Season One box set from under the tree and I'm through Disc One. It's worth it, folks.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Keep Calm And Flutter On

Yeah, I don't know if anyone linked this yet, but I'm very excited for this one.

@WeirdRaptor: Same here. ^^

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^I just read it!  I can't believe Discord is returning!  Dang, did I love him in Return of Harmony. :)

I seriously can't wait! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Warning!  You laugh and Rainbow Dash will break through the 4th wall and kill you.

Though in all seriousness, it's a great reference to a wonderful Christmas Classic. :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Dec 26 2012 on  02:23 PM
Warning!  You laugh and Rainbow Dash will break through the 4th wall and kill you.

Though in all seriousness, it's a great reference to a wonderful Christmas Classic. :)
I laughed but Dash won't kill me I already know that.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
So am I the only one who's not looking forward to the Fluttershy/Discord episode? What's the point of trying to reform Discord? He's the spirit of disharmony! Trying to change Discord would be like trying to change the Joker. They're chaos incarnate.

This whole thing sounds like a bad fanfic. At the very least, I'm hoping that there's more to it, like maybe Discord is pretending to want to change so he can escape his imprisonment and spread more chaos across Equestria.

I'll still watch the episode, but I don't have my hopes up right now. We'll just have to wait and see.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Another Spike Episode Revealed!

Episode Number - ???
Title - Just for Sidekicks
Air Date:  January 26th
Synopsis: Spike finds himself in over his head after convincing Twilight and her friends to let him pet-sit all of their critters in exchange for a few gems.

This should be good. :)