The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Pterano

Pterano · 57 · 7486

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While I'd love to say that this thread is about asking the real Pterano, I can't make such lofty claims. :p But since I'm new here, and saw several other threads like this, I figured I may as well. Go ahead and ask away!

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you play any video games?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,May 13 2011 on  10:34 AM
Do you play any video games?
Yes I do in fact. I currently own uh... let's see. A PS3, PS2, Dreamcast, three N64s (one belongs to a friend of mine that left it at my place), a DS, and a Gamecube. I also like PC games as well. As for genres... I really like a wide mix. RPGs are a big for me, but I enjoy almost anything really.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I did mention that I would ask.  
What type of mythology do you like?  Are there any stories that you enjoy?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What are some of your favorite video games?

And what tv shows/movies/ect do you like?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Saft: I think I like Greek mythology the best. I used to be really in to Norse and Egyptian, but became more Greek centric in college. I'd say my favorite stories would be... well Heracles and the Twelve Labors. In fact, our board game was based heavily around the completion of the Twelve Labors. I think my favorite story though overall from that era is definitely the Odyssey. I love all the things that Odysseus ran into on his travels, and I also love how the Theban "arc" melds into the Trojan "arc" pretty seamlessly. Cause you had Oedipus, who had Eteocles and Polynices, who in turn had Thersander and Laodamus. Thersander kills Laodamus, becomes King of Thebes, and later is present in the Greek force that sets sails for Troy, though sadly, Thersander does not make it as he's killed en route, and thus Thebes has no forces at Troy. But yes, I really like what happens to Odysseus afterward, as it's so epic and larger than life.  :smile

Vonboy: Some of my favorite video games would be the Uncharted series on PS3, the Final Fantasy series on various Playstation consoles, Xenogears on PS1 (one of my all time favorites), Suikoden 1 and 2 on PS1, the Ace Attorney series on the DS, Myst and Riven for PC (one of the first games I owned in fact was Myst), L4D 1 and 2 on PC, Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast, Metal Gear Solid series on the Playstation consoles, and my favorite game of last year would definitely be Heavy Rain for PS3. I'm looking forward to the release of LA Noire in a few days for this year.

TV Shows: I'm really into House, but not as much as I used to be. I really like Castle as well, and I think that's probably my favorite show on TV at present. I was into The Event, but they're canceling it, so I'm kind of not bothering anymore, though it was good while it lasted. I also like Fringe, and sometimes watch stuff on SyFy. For animated shows, I love Rocko's Modern Life, Gargoyles, TaleSpin, Beast Wars, and Batman, the Animated Series. I also thought Animalia, that Australian show, was OK, but it's off syndication now, so I can't really watch it anymore, though I did see the show's finale. I like some anime too, namely Fullmetal Alchemist (both shows), Mushishi, and... I think those are probably my big two in terms of anime.

Movies: Hmmmm... I like a lot of movies XD My friend and I go the theater like once a week to see a film. I love Pixar's films, as I think they're amazing, and my favorite one is probably Ratatouille. I grew up with the Disney Renaissance films as well, and I like those too. Uh... let's see. My favorite all time movie is probably the Shawshank Redemption. My favorite movie of last year was Shutter Island, and my favorite movie so far this year was I Saw the Devil, a South Korean film (which technically came out last year but I saw it this year when it had its limited release in the US). I've also liked Rango and Rio this year, and I also saw Fast Five, which was my first Fast and Furious movie. It was OK. Kinda silly, but at least it was entertaining.

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
So what gotcha into Pterano? His charming good looks? :lol Or his awesome British accent?
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh yes, some really good aspect of greek mythology there.  Although the Odyssey is an epic.;)
Can you imagine having to recite it to a live audience as it was once done?  All from memory too...

What books do you enjoy reading?

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: trulyfantasticme,May 13 2011 on  07:06 PM
So what gotcha into Pterano? His charming good looks? :lol Or his awesome British accent?
OK that's a really interesting question. XD

I remember it rather clearly. It was the night of release day for the seventh Land Before Time, and I was um... 14? Yeah? Yes 14 (after I looked it up XD). Anyways, I still played with my sister back then, who was 12 at the time. She had seen the movie, but I had not. She said she was going to introduce me to the plot of the new film by dividing up our LBT toys, as we often did back then, and I took Petrie as one of the characters I'd be "playing". Well she introduced Pterano pretty quickly into the "game" (I guess you could call it? I dunno what we called that back then), and revealed him to be Petrie's uncle. I was pretty surprised. I was like wait... Petrie has an UNCLE!? And she played him pretty well to the T, as she'd seen the film earlier in the day, and I was like wow... this character is warm, and likeable and awesome! He's an awesome uncle!

Then of course we got into the whole he's not REALLY a "good guy", but a bit more complicated than that. However, I could tell he wasn't just your average film antagonist, and I became intrigued, as for some reason, and even to this day, I'm a huge sucker for the redemption character. The character who starts off shady but grows throughout the story and amends in such as way as to do something admirable. Well after playing through the storyline of the seventh movie for a bit, I was like "Yeah I have to see this movie now" and went and watched it.

I liked Pterano even more after I saw it, and once again, I'm a sucker for the character that slowly grows out of his or her initial not so likeable type, and undergoes a change for the better. He was just so fascinating to me at the time, and he quickly became my favorite LBT character, replacing Hyp, who has a similar type of makeup. Him being voiced by Michael York was a bonus, as I already liked some of his work from before. XD

So yeah, that's how I got into Pterano. XD

(runner up)
(runner up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,May 13 2011 on  07:15 PM
Oh yes, some really good aspect of greek mythology there.  Although the Odyssey is an epic.;)
Can you imagine having to recite it to a live audience as it was once done?  All from memory too...

What books do you enjoy reading?
Yeah I know, that would have been... amazing. XD

Hmm books. All kinds. XD History books especially, but I do like fiction as well. I'll admit I'm a sucker for romances, but not the easy kind of romance. I like strife and hardship and not initially entering into the romance, but having to watch the main character really work for it, and have a lot of trip ups in the middle. My favorite all time book is Great Expectations, as it's amazing how Dickens managed to tie ALL the characters together, and everyone basically got what they deserved at the end of it. I really like Yukio Mishima as well (controversial though he is), as he's an amazing author, and Spring Snow was a great book. The climax of that story just literally blew my mind.

I really like Willa Cather too, as her short story, Paul's Case, quite captured the mentality of a depressed and hopeless individual, and I thought she had such a good insight into that type of mentality.

James Baldwin is pretty good too, as his imagery is really top notch.

Uhhh yeah, I'd say those are some of my favorites.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great Expectations is also a favourite although I'll admit I do prefer to read Oliver Twist or David Copperfield.  

So I take it that you get attached to characters quite a lot?  

Also, do you read any manga?

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
So you've been a fan for 10 years! Just like any other Pterano fan on this site...

I agree, he does start off shady but become admirable. He's awesome for that. I remember when I saw cold fire for the first time in like three years.  :lol I didn't remember him very well, but I could tell he was good from the start. Must've been that accent of his... :lol

Just another question. Do you ever sing Very Important Creature?
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Saft: Yes, I like character driven stories. I like dissecting people and getting into their heads (not in the literal sense!). If a character is well written, it makes me a happy reader. As for mangas... I don't as much. I'm more of a graphic novel kind of person I guess. The Watchmen and Ghost in the Shell being some of my top favorites. But yea, as I think about it, haven't really read much manga. I tried to get into it, but could just never keep up I suppose.

Trulyfantasticme:  :DD That's a rather hilarious question. I guess I sort of do? Like maybe sing a few of the lyrics here and there, but I don't think I really sing the full song anymore. I just watched it today in fact on youtube, as I haven't seen the movie in years. I guess I probably used to, years ago. XD

(runner up)
(runner up)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now for the generic question; do you have any pets?  And if not, would you want one?

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My mom has a dog, a pit bull/lab mix. It's the sweetest thing and a pretty awesome pet. I guess my ideal pet would either be a skunk or like... some sort of mustelid, like a ferret, or a stoat, as mustelids are my favorite family of animals.  :smile Too bad you can't really own the latter, but ferrets are doable.

I'm allergic to cats, so wouldn't want one of those. :p

(runner up)
(runner up)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ferrets work although a skunk would be cool to have....can you imagine taking that for walks?

Generic question again but if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you have ca number of interesrting favorites. I'm personally big into Tolkien (looking forward to the Hobbit) Alice in Wonderland, The Redwall series etc.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Saft: I have walked a skunk in fact, back when I used to live in a state where owning skunks is legal!  :smile They're adorable.  :DD

Well I've been to a lot of places I wanted to visit, but there is still such much to see in this world! I would say right now my top destination is Sapporo, in Japan, as I was considering living in the country for a few years, and I've always wanted to see the Ice Festival there, so yeah, Sapporo, Japan would be a top choice.

Nick22: I LOVE Redwall! In fact, my own site is semi-based on Redwall, though it draws from several other sources as well. I like Tolkien as well, and read his trilogy once a year.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well I have a redwall site if you want to join there its called " Beyond Redwall". If you want to sign up you are welcome to. its been pretty silent recently, but if i ca get some new members it will be more active again.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hablas espaÒol o cualquier otro idioma?

Do you speak spanish or other language?