The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Distant Worlds

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a neat little real-time 4X in space strategy game that very few people have even heard of.

You can pause the game and still give orders, so it's not like other rts's where  the winner is the one that can click the fastest. It's only single player though. It borrows some things from more deep strategy games, such as having to pay maintenance on every ship you own, having to try to keep your citizens happy, and handling diplomacy with other space empires.

One thing I find unique in this game is how it has it's own private economy. Every inhabited planet in the map generates money, and the private sector uses that money to build their own ships that you can't control. They build mostly transport and mining ships and bases, and go out in search of resources and places to trade goods. It's interesting because you don't just need prosperous planets to tax them for your own ships, but also so they can build their own private ships to keep your empire running more smoothly.

Anyone that plays strategy games should give it a try.

Also, someone is doing an AAR (After Action Report) of a game he has been slowly playing the last year or so. It's called "Emperor Fred Goes Postal", And it's a fantastic Evil Dictator trying to take over the universe and crush every creepy and crawly thing in sight story  :lol

Emperor Fred Goes Postal AAR
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm almost... amazed that no one ever caught on with this game here.

Distant Worlds

Anyone here ever played the civilization series, or galactic civilizations? OR maybe Sins of a Solar Empire, or even MOO/MOO2!?

oh well. Just me looking back at one of the first topics I ever made here when I first joined.

Ah, the memories!  :lol
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)