The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario Kart Wii

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I found information about Mario Kart Wii which is the name.

But not much to go on about but there is a website that talks about it

Here is the link

http://www.totalvideogames.com/games/Mario..._Index_5327.htm

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
:D  :lol:  :)  :DD  :lol  :wow  :^.^:  :birthday  :yes  Coooooooooooooooool... I loved the previous two "Mario Kart" games! I can't wait for this one.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well there been 5. Super Nes, N64, game boy advance, Game Cube and Nintendo DS.

this would be the 6th one they made. and on the DS they have 1 of each of each in 4 cups. I believe they all from each first level on each cup. of the for games before DS and DS having it own courses as well. Which gives it a edge over the other 4 before it for a hand held game. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Whatever. The only two I've ever been aware of are the N64 one and the GC one.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mario Kart Wii? :o

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!  :DD  :wow  :D  :^.^:

Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Double Dash totally rocked!  I remember playing against my sister in MK64 on Yoshi's Island and finding a way to totally kill her.

Your guys' opinion on whether or not you think it's cheating, though.

First off, get lucky enough to get a row of banana peels.

Second, make sure you are ahead of your opponent.

Now, get to the part where you reach the giant rolling egg.  Lay down two banana peels right when you are about to enter the circle.  Lay the rest on the bridge up ahead.  Now watch in delight as your opponent slips on the banana peels, gets squished by the egg, slips on the peels on the bridge, and ends up totally getting owned.  Gaurnteed to add a 10 to 20 second lead to the lead you already have. :)

It's quite the killer against computers that dare to pass you in the cup challenges as well. :^.^:

The Rainbow Road in MK:DD was crazily fun! :) The insanely tight turns, the many boosts laid about that easily turned everything around, man what a fun course! :^.^:

To be honest, I'm looking forward to Mario Kart Wii.  I can't wait to see what insane courses they come up with.

It also makes me wonder who is going to be in it.  Of course, we can easily guess 8 of them, right? ;)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I did those tricks when I played it and in fact still got a N64 :p I kept it incase I wanted to play it again. no harm in keeping things back to play again. But from what i heard you could play double dash on Wii since it plays both all Game Cube games and Wii games. also you could download more mario karts from the Wi-fi of Wii which would be added bonus :D.

I can't want for Mario Kart Wii, I will keep on top of this and check every so often for any new news :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Threehorn,Oct 4 2006 on  03:16 AM
I did those tricks when I played it and in fact still got a N64 :p I kept it incase I wanted to play it again. no harm in keeping things back to play again.
Well, you get such an opportunity in MK:DD as well.

In the Star Cup, on the DK Jungle Parkway Course, there is a bridge near the finish line that literally sways back and forth.  It is difficult enough trying to get across the bridge without someone laying a banana peel, fake item box, etc. on it.  Sadly, the computer tends to do this.  So why not give a little payback, huh?  Use their own dirty trick on them.

The bridge doesn't have anything to stop you from falling off the edge.  How it stays together through the punishment of cars going across it is a wonder in itself.  So imagine if you laid a banana peel on there.  You can then have someone slip on it and fall off the bridge.  The only thing is, Nintendo rigged it and so that when they fall off the bridge, Lakuti, the classic guy in a cloud, puts the guys on the other side of the bridge.

Still, alot of fun to do.  That'll teach those cheaters. :D

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What is the biggest place deficit you have coming from behing in the last race to win? For me it was the Star cup on DD, I was playing as Peach and Birdo and I was in third placein the standings. Ahead of me were Wario?waluigi(in 1st) and (I believe) Bowser and Bowser Jr.(2nd) The Best I could dowas 32 points, and in order for me to win, I needed ti finish in 1st and have Bowser in 2nd and Wario in third. Turns out that was the exact finish, and all 3 finished with 32 points.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: