The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 704 · 211736

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It seems like over the years we keep thinking we’ve found a VHS copy with the missing footage, and every time it just leads us to  a standard copy.

But what about that rumor that the uncut version was broadcast in Finland in the mid-90’s? Do we know for sure that it was just a rumor?

I am no expert on this since I was a small kid back then, but I have a faint memory of seeing the first Land Before Time on VHS when visiting a friend in the early 2000's, and I was wondering why they had changed some of the scenes. The VHS my friend had was the regular version, so either:
a) I had seen the uncut version as a kid before (not when it broadcastet, but on tape. We used to record a lot of shows and movies on VHS tapes)
b) I didn't remember how the movie went / mixed it up with some other movie.

Maybe the latter is more likely, considering that I don't remember much about my childhood in the 90's. But, I know for sure that this is a topic that Finnish fans also talk about. Mostly I've seen it on toy collector forums/FB pages, so it's not necessarily that insightful, but I remember taking a part in a few conversations. Usually they end with a statement like "I hope that someone had recorded it on tape and still have it saved somewhere." So, I would say that it is a myth until someone can provide footage of it :\

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
This thread has been pretty quiet this year, but at least there hasn’t been another false hope of coming across a tape with the scenes. How many times has that happened, now?  :lol

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
MUST
FIND
THE
TAPE

Finland
---------

I still hope someday we will see some footage with some deleted scene, even the shortest one

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Scribbles to Screen's Lost Media video on this was a good catch up too.

Doesn't look like anyone's linked it (forgive me if I missed it somewhere), but it's a very good video and I highly recommend it to any LBT fans. Goes into a lot of interesting detail on the background behind Don Bluth and the film itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s26WVTDR-8g