The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 116164

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"We don't mean to insult you," Lily added hastily, slipping her dress on and sheepishly coming out from behind the tree. "We just...haven't had great luck with surprise visitors in the past."

She came up beside Axel. "If you had any sort of proof or something that Adrian knows you and would want to meet with you..."

------

Emilena regarded her captors, fighting to keep the strain of exhaustion from her face. It was the pair that had captured her the night of the ambush. She kept silent and merely stared at them; anything she said could just give them further information. They clearly want her alive in her current state; the less she says and does, the longer she can keep it that way.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita grabed wipes to clean the blood off of adrians face, she lifted his eyelid and saw his eyes were very red, most likely from having red blood vessels leak in the eye. 'he suffered a major head injury' she said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Aaron bared his teeth as he looked at the bound Vixen. He sniffed the air and gave a low growl. "I see or should I say, smell your fear."

He sat on a bland metal chair and put his feet on a table that had been bolted to the floor. "But enough of that, I'm a decent person and I'd be willing to trade, say information?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Marcus stepped next to Aaron, his heavy shoes scraping against the concrete floor. The air in the room felt thick, the sound produced by their voices flat and lifeless. He eyed Emilena flatly, as if he were looking at a slab of meat in a slaughterhouse. "He's right. We just want to know what you know. If you tell us, this will be much easier for you."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Police training was very clear on this part; answer no questions when a hostage. But Emilena wanted badly to snap back at the small one's comment about her fear.

Her level face turned into a glare, but she gritted her teeth and remained uncharacteristically silent.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita lifted up aidrians head  noting the blood pooled on the ground beneath him.. ' hes in reakl bad shape..'
- will he survive/' rose asked as she wound banadages around aidrians head . ' he'll need a low level transplant, or time in a pod' marita said.. ' and it would have to happen quickly..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"If you'll give us a minute..." Lily politely asked, then took Axel behind the tree.

"If he's telling the truth, he might be able to save Adrian," she noted in a whisper, "but if he means harm we're leading him right to our friends. I'm not sure if Adrian can survive without him either way. What should we do?"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I dunno, maybe we can trust him," Axel whispered. "It. I mean, it knows about Adrian's condition, and if it wanted him to die all it would need to do is leave him. The way he was looking, I don't think he has much longer left in him... I think this is a risk we need to take. Plus," he raised a finger knowingly, "He's a German using a robot. That's, like, mad scientist or something - not crazy killer."

-----------------------------------------------

Marcus waited for a few moments, but it looked like she wasn't going to say anything. Turning, he made his way across the room to the cupboard. Fixed to the doors were a series of knives, hammers and other implements. He reached past them into the main body of the cupboard and pulled out a car battery.

He walked back and placed it on the metal desk with a heavy CLUNK, then went back for the cables. Marcus tossed them over to Aaron. "Fix these to her," he grunted. Then he looked over to Emilena. "This is going to hurt."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Despite herself, Lily smiled wryly. "All right," she said, "we'll trust him...only beause he's a mad scientist."

She stepped back out. "If you follow us, we'll lead you to him. You're right; he's not doing very well at all. My name is Lily, and this is Axel," she introduced, already starting back at a brisk jog; they didn't have time to lose.

------------------------------------

Emilena's heart rate quickened and her mouth went dry, but she maintained her posture. (Not like her current state of bondage permitted her to do anything else.) She was scrambling to come up with a reply, either witty or delaying, but she couldn't think straight since she was still shivering with cold. Like a good soldier, she defaulted to her training and remained silent.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Once the cables were attached and the chances of imminent electrocution became higher, Emilena found herself unable to suffer in silence. "Cutting straight to the torture are we?" she spat. "Not even going to bother trying to coax me, bribe me, or threaten my loved ones first? I know I've got living parents, I'd be heartbroken if you found them and killed them."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel ran up alongside the mechanical figure with Lily. "We found this guy in the woods while... erm..." he started to explain, then coughed. "Anyway, he seems to know Adrian so we brought him here." As he looked between Soren, Anne and Kojuuro, he noticed there were two new women in the group.

"Oh. Hey," he said, scratching the back of his head and raising a hand in a wave.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Factory)

Anne slid the medkit over to the figure but said nothing.

Soren cut the power to the exoskeleton he wore to the absolute minimum. At this level, they just drew enough power to allow him to move. "Okay, once everyone's healed up, how are we going to get out of here? We can't squeeze everyone in the truck I stole? And what about Tony? I don't need another organized crime group on my ass."

----------

(Purifier Compound)

Aaron yawned. "We have our own ways of doing things." Without warning, he snapped an electrical cord against Emilena's tail.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony shook his head here. "They won't come after you provided I at least maintain some form of contact with them. All I really need is transportation back to the city, and then I can have them pick me up when I get there." he explained. "As said, I'm sure you want me out of your hair as much as I want to avoid any trouble with your group, so just leave me at some busy street corner and I'll get in touch with my family." he offered.

He briefly considered getting his family to assist in fixing up Adrian, as his father could easily pull strings so that the law would look the other way while Adrian was worked on, but he wasn't really certain if his father would be too keen on helping a non-family member out. He remained silent on that for now, glancing down at Adrian once more, and then turning away as the... machine prepared to start his procedure on him.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily noticed that Kojurro was alone, and turned to Axel. "I have to talk to Kojurro about something," she whispered. "For his privacy I need to be alone, sorry. Be back soon..."

She quietly left the room and walked up to Kojurro. "Before you make that call, can we talk?" whispered Lily softly.

---------------------------------

Emilena yelped, then immediately sealed her mouth. Such displays of weakness were not acceptable.

"Look, I know you guys probably get off on doing this to people, but maybe your interrogation would go better if you, I don't know, told me what it was you wanted to know?" She shot back, smiling despite herself. She enjoyed opportunities to be snappy at people who supposedly held all the power.

It was then that she felt it; the beginnings of that pressure building up in her abdomen. Oh, for god's sake, not now...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I need you to do something for me..." Lily took a deep breath. "You're not going to want to. But it's important. I need you to promise me that you'll do it before I can tell you what it is."