The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 41045

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Shriek salivated as he stared at the troodon that had remained behind.  It didn't matter that one had escaped.  The other now had nowhere to run.  The sharptooth could almost taste the fresh meat.  His hungar drove him on as he opened his crushing jaws and lunged at the troodon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaga looked over at Longtail and replied, "We go to the monolith, I guess.  Ask Sy."  
Kaga then asked, "What is wrong?  Why are you crying?"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail looked over at Kaga while shedding several more tears said "This crack in the ground....reminds me....of losing my...mother!" shortly after that sentence the young flyer began to sob uncontrollably. "I...miss her so much." said Longtail in-between sobs.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Arius braced himself for the impact, but the sheer strength of this opponent startled him.  Just barely holding the deadly jaws away from him, he retaliated with a swift kick, launching Shriek backwards.  However, as he did so, the jaws took a chunk of the flesh from his right arm, and the claws slashed a wound in his belly.  Bleeding, he faced his opponent, and hoped that Dante could find a way to survive...

Dante, meanwhile, was wandering, blinded by the tears at his loss.  
"Arius... Why'd you have to leave me alone?  I can't find a place to stay...not alone..."
As he was saying this, he heard a faint noise sounding like someone crying.  Upon heading to investigate, he saw a small group of other dinosaurs, including a young flyer who appeared to be the source of the weeping...

"H...Hi there!  I'm...Dante...Dante S. Starfall.  What's wrong, Flyer?"
He said as he crested the hill he had climbed to investigate.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was so distraught that he didn't hear Dantes friendly hello, and even if he did, he was so busy crying he wouldn't have been able to respond anyway.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante was worried by the lack of response, so he moved closer to the group and said, quietly this time, his name.  He hoped that they wouldn't be afraid of him because of what he was, a sharpclaw, and that he might be able to travel with them.  He too longed to find the Great Valley, as he was actually a leaf-eater.  Silently, he waited for a response...

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"You know sneaking around isn't the best way to introduce yourself," Sy said without looking in Dante's direction.
"However, since you attempted to do so before with the flyer, I'll let it pass. Let's start with your name."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Thank you.  Sorry about sneaking up on you, but I didn't want to scare you.  My name is Dante.  Dante S. Starfall.  And you are...?" Dante replied politely.

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"You can call me Sy," he said, finally looking at Dante and flashing a frightening smile at him. "These little ones are Strafe, Snork, Reesk, Kaga, and Longtail.
"Now, tell me what a lone sharptooth is doing wandering around the plains?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At the mention of his name Longtail looked up and still sheding a fair amount of tears from his eyes, he looked over to Dante, but still offered no response as his eyes still held a large amount of sadness within them.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I...I'm not...I wasn't...<sigh>  I guess I am alone...  I was searching for the Great Valley with my friend Arius...but...he...<Sniffle> he stayed behind to stop a sharptooth that attacked us..."  Dante said, his slight anger quickly becoming sadness as he remembered all the times he and Arius had had together.  Then a thought hit him...  "Where are you guys headed?  If you're going to the valley, I'd be grateful if I could tag along."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OCC: My characters are not "little ones".  They are teenagers, not children.  This is the last time I am going to say this.)

Strafe was already asleep but Snork was still awake, watching the sun go down.  He became awae of the newcomer and watched him speak with Sy.  Snork  wasn't sure what to do.  He didn't trust Dante's kind, having had a couple of nasty encounters with them in the past so he decided to remain where he was.  Seeing as how the raptor was outnumbered, Snork figured nothing would come of this.  He overheard the conversation and found the idea of a raptor traveling with him discomforting.  All the same, it may be to their advantege to have one traveling with them.  Snork decided to wait until morning to introduce himself though.  He was tired and didn't feel like talking.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was too tired and too sad to speak during the conversation, so he followed Strafe's idea and lied his head down and closed his eyes eventually crying himself to sleep.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante became faintly aware of Snork staring at him, and turned to face him, asking...
"Is there anything that I can do to convince you that I mean what I said?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Without opening his eyes, Longtail said to Dante in a hushed voice...."Just don't bite any of us." Not really meaning what he said of course, but he was half asleep.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned faintly, and whispered back...

"Don't worry.  To be honest, I hate the sight of blood...so...You can rest assured that I won't attack you guys.  Besides... I... don't want to see anyone hurt.  Not anymore..."

Then, he settled himself onto the ground, hoping that he had, just maybe found a group to belong to...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail then thought to himself 'I wonder what mom would want me to do.'

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante Stared off into the sky, wondering to himself...

"Arius... Is this what you would have wanted...?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork figured there was no point in remaining silent.  Besides, the raptor could pose no threat anyway.  It was outnumbered.
Snork lifted his head up and said, "Sorry.  I meant no offence.  I'm just tired.  We have a long walk ahead of us tomorrow so I want to get some rest.  We can talk in the morning."
With that, Snork rested his head on the ground and closed his eyes.

Strafe yawned tiredly.  The iguanodon had overheard the conversation and glanced tiredly over at ther raptor but she said nothing.  Like Snork, she was exhausted and needed sleep.  There would be plenty of time to talk tomorrow.  Right now she wanted sleep.  Iguanodons were not happy when they were deprived of sleep.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga was having difficulty getting to sleep.  He just wasn't tired.  When he heard voices, he looked up and saw Sy talking with Dante and listened in.  He wasn't entirely sure he trusted Sy and wanted to make sure he wasn't planning something with the raptor.  As he listened, he realized that neither were dangerous and make his way over to introduce himself.
"Hi there, newcomer.  My name is Kaga."
He glanced over at the others who were already asleep and said, "They have been through a lot lately.  I'm sure they will talk to you later.  We have a long journey ahead tomorrow."
The iguanodon's blue eyes surveyed Starfall, pausing on the necklass and Kaga said, "Hmm, intresting.  I've never seen anything like that.  What is it?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"This?" Dante said, indicating his necklace "This is called a memory stone.  Whenever one of my race meets someone they think will change their lives for the better, or they find a friend, they carve that name onto the stone.  It is said that this stone will always guide us back to the person whose name we focus on.  At least that's what Arius told me."