The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Around the Folf

Nick22 · 698 · 77255

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The cloaked vulpine froze for a moment when Flora noticed him, ears flicking upright as he tensed briefly.
Okay.... So much for subtlety.  How should I play this... Okay, be cool, be cool Yu... Play it cool...
The cloaked figure smiled a little, walking over to the others.
"Oh, hi there, Flora.  A pleasure to meet you.  Name's Yurei.  But you can call me Rei.  And I'd love to, if it's okay with the rest of you guys"
He chuckled a little, smirking some.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Of course!" Flora beamed. "Let's go!"

She quickly led the way into the pizzeria, arguably terminating the conversation less politely than she could have, but she was famished and wanted to at least get the seating and ordering happening ASAP.

"Sit anywhere you'd like, darling," the waitress scribbled something in her notebook. "I'll be by to get your drinks in a jiffy, yeah?"

"Oh, I'm ready to order now! I'll have a large slice of vegetarian pizza please!" Flora piped up excitedly.

The waitress shrugged. "Alrighty." She glanced at the others, in case they were ready to order before even sitting down as well.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita motioned to Yurei to take a seat at the stall first ' Hi Rei. I'm M.arita this is rose" rose smiled at him' and Marie. Flora here is our new roommate. full of energy, and very eager. comes with being a teen." she then turned to the waitress 'Ii'll have a diet coke if you have it, but as for pizza i'll need a few minutes to look at the menu..-
 rose took a seat across from Flora, and set the brochures that she had picked up as part of the tour of the facility, down on the table in front of her.' she grabbed one pf the pizza menus and began looking through it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei sat down next to Flora, casually flicking a menu open.  
"I'll have some mint tea, if you have any.".
He said to the waitress, leaning back in his chair.
"So, haven't seen you ladies around before.  I presume that you just got here recently."
He chuckled, glancing around a little...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Drink for you, miss?" the waitress turned to Flora.

"Hmmm, ooh yeah how about something stiff." Flora glanced at the menu but was not able to immediately locate the drinks. "What's the strongest thing you got?"

"Uh...beer."

"K, that'll do!" Flora turned back to Yurei as the waitress left to grab their drinks. "We got here super recently, just yesterday in fact! Hardly even know my way around. Already took my first tests though, and I'm loving what I've seen so far! This apartment and this gig was really a lifesaver;" she smiled sincerely. "We were in a bad place. What about you? Are you a test subject here?"

She hoped he said yes; she hadn't seen another test subject, and would love a chance to talk to someone going through the same thing as her. She resolved to try and become this person's friend.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this isnt 20 questions, Flora' Rose said ' let him get a word in edgewise' she laughed . ' Yes we are new to this town ' she said " we've moving from town to town, trying to find jobs.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei chuckled a little, raising an eyebrow at Flora.  
"Bad place, huh?  Guess it's a good thing you made your way here.  After all, the world would be a lesser place without such lovely ladies in it"
He joked, then seemingly faded and fell through his seat, disappearing for a moment before seeming to pop out of the ground behind Rose and Marita, then repeating the trick and appearing behind Flora.
"Am I a test subject here?  Well, I suppose you could put it that way"
He said coolly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Eep!" gasped Flora in surprise when appearing behind her. "Holy crap that is so cool!" Her mind filled with questions and she had to mentally restrain herself from launching into an excited interrogation; as Rose had warned her, now was merely the time for initial pleasantries. She resolved to keep a lid on her natural curiosity to avoid intimidating potential friends.

The waitress returned with drinks. "Y'all need another minute to look at the menu?" she asked. Somehow Yurei's trick hadn't phased her; she'd been working here long enough to have witnessed the test subjects do plenty of weird things.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei chuckled, slipping back into his seat with a small smirk.
"It would be, if I could actually keep it under control and not have to wear a device to keep me from falling through everything.  Being able to wear clothes would be a nice change of pace, too."
He joked, then smiled at the waitress.  
"Chicken Alfredo pizza for me.  And whatever the ladies want, too.  I'll cover it"
He replied glibly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Wow..." breathed Flora. "But it's so strong! Even if you don't have control over it, you're like an X-Man. I have the opposite problem; apparently I'm like, barely psionic, so I'm kinda lucky they're even interested in keeping me here."

She brushed the fur on her forearm. "My power is I can change my appearance, but it takes forever for the new look to grow in. We're talking months. But my pink fur, my body shape and...some other oddities...are all natural, I've never have any cosmetic surgeries or implants."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei cast an appreciative glance over Flora's body, grinning a little.
"So, that's all natural, hmm?  Well that's a pleasant surprise."
He joked, then, glancing around a bit, undid the upper chest of his cloak and pulling it open to reveal a large, black metal device implanted into the center of his chest, which pulsed faintly with red energy.
"See, you're lucky that your power is fairly minor.  You don't have to worry about it going awry and possibly killing you."
He said, closing his cloak and looking away...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
when did you get the implant? Marita asked , gazing with interest at it before Yurei covered himself. " i'm guessing it was to control your powers , huh?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Hmmmm, didn't think about that," Flora mulled over. "That would be really scary. Good thing the scientists are watching over you."

The waitress arrived with Flora's pizza, and the folf tucked into it ravenously. "Ohhh, thank fuck," she gasped through mouthfuls of dough. "I am so hungry!" Downing an open mouthful with a heavy swallow of beer, she hiccuped painfully but with a sigh of satisfaction. "Oh my god, yes. This is the second-best pizza I have ever eaten."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei nodded at Marita.  
"They stuck this thing in me after one of the tests went wrong, and they had to cut me out of a ceiling I had gotten part of myself stuck in.  Not a fun experience.  And yeah, it inhibits my powers a bit, keeps them from kicking in involuntarily"
As the food arrived, he turned to his plate with a grin, looking back up at Flora.
"Only the second best, huh?  Well, now you've gone and gotten my curiosity up as to what the best was"
He chuckled..

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora grinned back. "Oh, that's quite a story."

So while they waited for the other's food to arrive, Flora told the tale of the time she visited a farm in the middle of nowhere.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As Flora recounted her story, Yurei had to stop eating several times, either to chuckle lightly, or occasionally simply stare at Flora with a fascinated grin.  
"Hmmm, well I can see how this would come in second to that much fun...".
He smirked as she finished her tale.  Under the table, his free hand idly sought Flora's lap as he grinned conspiratorially at her...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How did your tests go today Flora?' Marie asked as she took a bite of the stuffed crust pepporoni pizza she had ordered ' i Trust everything is in working condition.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora's eyes widened in surprise at Yurei's touch, but she quickly composed herself and maintained eye contact with Marie. "They went perfect!" she replied happily. Under the table, her bare foot slithered forward to brush against Yurei's shoe. "I met this adorable girl named Emma! She's a fashion model but she's working at the facility to pay for school. I was going to meet her after lunch if you want to come along!" Her toes playfully snuck under the hem of Yurei's robe to tickle his bare skin, but above the table she paid him no heed.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei chuckled a little, teasing his hand ever closer to Flora's crotch as he grinned at her.
"While I think I'd be hard pressed to find someone as adorable as the ladies in with right now, I suppose it would do me some good to meet a few more people, eh?  I suppose my training can wait a bit"
He said smoothly, teasingly placing a foot on Flora's...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure, You can introduce her to us' marita said ' Let me guess she was one of those who administered your tests and yu two hit it off? You're getting bettr Flora!' the old saying goes " theres no better teacher than experience' and i'd like to learn more about her" How long has she been working there, for starters?"
- so thats what you mean by fun' Marie smirked as she heard floras story.' Well Well i certainly agree."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: