The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Around the Folf

Nick22 · 698 · 77185

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
its cotton ' nothing really to get excited over.. as for pizza, well i'll just have a slice of pepperoni. stuffed crust, if they have it..' she said. i'll get it boxed to go, i suppose if you are all headed out..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just as Flora mentioned him, Yurei made his way back over to the table, grinning broadly.  
"Did I hear someone mentioning me over here?".
He joked, nonchalantly pulling up his chair with a small chuckle.  He gave a cheerful nod to Emma, smirking a bit.
"And you must be Emma.  A real pleasure to meet you.".
He added suavely, leaning back in his seat a bit...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you must be yurei. charmed ' emma said.' i'm just here to say hi and meet some of Floras friends" she said as the waitress brought her a menu..' a dietcoke and a dtuffed crust pepperoni.. to go please' emma requested.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The waitress brought her a triangle cardboard box containing a large slice of pepperoni, as well as the drink. "The gentleman asked that it be put on his bill, so you're good to go," she nodded.

"Thanks Yurei!" Flora smelled the aroma of spiced pepperoni. "Can you eat while you walk Emma? We should get this tour started!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well thank you yurei. next time you need a drink, i'll get it for you. well, within reason. I'm not made of money"  she laughed" i'll try , Flora. Pizza really is supposed to be enjoyed sitting down.. Its not like fries, which you can eat on the go..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei smiled a little, giving a nonchalant wave of his hand.
"Oh, don't worry about it.  It's the least I can do, honestly.".
He said lightly, grinning languidly.  
"Now, what sorts of sights would you guys like to see around here?".
He asked, humming a small tune to himself.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Knowing the sights is your job, silly!" giggled Flora. "I haven't seen anything except my room and the insides of various labs. How about you show us what residents do for fun around here?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yu grinned, giving Flora a playful wink.
"Hey, just wanted to know what sorta sights you wanted to see is all~".
He chuckled, then pulled his phone out and began thumbing through some things.  
"Oh, hey, while we're on the tour, I think one of my friends would love to meet you all, so we'll take a quick detour, alright?"
He asked, sounding somewhat more serious...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Awesome!" No time like the present to meet someone new. As they walked, Flora couldn't help but wonder what sort of person Yurei would choose to hang out with. He was such an oddball himself, she doubted they'd qualify as normal.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Emma got her stuff and followed flora and Yurei out of the diner. she casually sipped on her soda as she flowed the lead group..' so you girls friends with dlora?' she said ' yeah we've known her awhile ' Marita said.'nice girl, she really id..' Yeah i got a good sense of that while running.. tests on her..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei smiled at the group, leading them to a large, secured door.
"Right, so, I suppose I should warn you guys that this area's a bit off-limits to the general populace, so don't get too shocked by what you see."
He said, looking around for a second before slipping into the ground.  A few seconds later, the door clicked open, swinging soundlessly to reveal a dimly-lit cement hallway.  Yu smiled a little and gestured behind himself.
"So, uh... Welcome to the specialized containment wing".
He chuckled nervously...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The dreary cellblock looked like a prison-style hall, with reinforced transparent windows into each cell. The cells were nice but the atmosphere was sterilized and the lights were kept low.

"Wait, so there are test subjects in these?" stammered Flora. She crept close to one. "Subjects like us? Did they do something wrong?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei nodded a bit.
"Yeah. These are specialized holding rooms for psionics whose powers are considered dangerous to others.  Among others, I know at least one in here's power is..."
A muffled explosion sounded through the cell hallway as Yu flinched a bit
"He can cause things to explode."
He said, gently placing a hand on Flora's shoulder.
"Trust me, it's for peoples safety.".
He said gently, as he made his way down the cellblock...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So these are the ones who'd be a danger to society if allowed out. Charming.' Marita said. rose got quick glances of the some of the various occupants through peepholes- one was drawing complicated formulas on the wall.  another one was tossing a fireball between hands. as he caught it it turned into a snowball, then became a fireball again in the other hand.
_
 Emma remained quiet as she walked alongside Rose " so which guy did you want us to see Yurei" Emma asked as they walked along.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora was looking at the cells, a feeling of apprehension trickling down her spine. She should have realized that a facility built to house psionics would require a wing like this, but it clashed so harshly with Sartonic's friendly resort-like image that it got her worrying. She was a test subject here, after all. What if her powers ever grew dangerous? Could she one day find herself in a cell down here?"

"Wotcha lookin' at?" sneered a rat when her eyes passed over him, making her jump. Unlike the others, he had a very oddly-designed metallic chair that he was resting in. It seemed to be made of spoons.

"Nothing, sorry!" stammered Flora, backing up.

The rat pressed himself up against the cell wall. "It's not polite, you know. These are our homes. Say you're sorry."

"Sorry!"

"I'll forgive you this once," he leered. "But only if you give me something. A pebble, a strip of tissue. Anything at all."

Flora shook her head anxiously, backing up quickly.

The rat observed Marita and the others. "Oh, I'm so lonely...All this old man craves is some material possessions. Could you spare me any objects at all?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei walked back over, fishing in his pocket for something, finally producing a set of ball bearings as he stepped over to the window.  
"Hey, old man, go easy on 'em.  They're new here."  
He chuckled, opening a small door and sliding the bearings into a small tray, which slid into the cell as he shut the small door.  
"Here, pinched these for ya.  Figured you'd appreciate them."
He said with a smile.  Turning around, he gestured slightly towards the end of the hall.  
"C'mon.  She's down here."
He said softly, smiling faintly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The rat's eyes lit up as he palmed the pair of ball bearings. "Aw yes, this will do nicely...thank you," he said gratefully.

Flora couldn't help but glance as he rolled the four (four?) bearings in his hand. Crossing over to his wash basin, the rat poured the eight bearings in and started lying contentedly in it. Dozens of bearings covered him, slowly forming a metallic pool of gleaming silver balls.

Flora finally tore her sight away when they'd gone too far down the hall, and quickly shifted her focus to the cell that Yurei was leading them to.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At the end of the hall, Yu stopped, knocking lightly on the window.
"Hey, Taga.  It's me.  I uh... Brought some friends down to meet you."
He said, smiling softly as the lights in the room flicked on, revealing a very old-looking female cat sitting in a large, plush rocking chair.  She looked up at the window, and a large, warm smile crossed her features as she did.  
"Ah, Yurei!  So you found time to come visit little old me, did you?  Are these the friends you mentioned?".
She asked, voice weathered and cracking a bit with age as she stood up and shuffled her way over to the window, her long shawl and dress making it look almost as if she were floating...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So why are you in here , mam? Emma asked " What sort of abilities do you possess? You have to shave  some sort of ability or they wouldnt have put you in here.'
_ Marita took a look at some of the newspaper clipping which were on the wall, many of them were yellowed with age.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora swallowed her trepidation and managed a friendly smile. "H-hi Taga. My name's Flora, I'm the newest test subject here at Sartonic." She didn't want to make as bad an impression as she'd given the rat. Plus with Yurei being so friendly to each of them, they had to be decent people, right? "Pleased to meet you."