The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Around the Folf

Nick22 · 698 · 77241

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Taga smiled a little, looking at each in turn, settling on Emma once she asked about her powers.
"My, my aren't you the curious bunch~.  I'm in here because my power causes me to devour the emotions of anyone who's around me.  It can be... Very harmful.  But you don't have to worry, this cell keeps me from affecting anyone outside it.".
She reassured, then turned her gaze towards Flora.
"Oh, child.  You don't have to be afraid of me. Welcome to the facility.  I'm sure you'll fit right in, and I think you'll enjoy your stay here.".
She said lightly, as Yurei opened the small window and slipped a few chocolate bars in.  
"Here, Taga.  Bright you a few of your favorites."
He said, and she gave him a warm smile in return.
"You're to sweet, Yu.  You know you don't have to trouble yourself for me"
She said softly..

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
so you.. absorb the emotions from other people. so.. are you a vampire? emma asked ' Vampires suck blood.. not energy or emotion 'Marita said to her.' So how long have you been in here? She asked  Taga' Curiosity, you understand."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora smiled and nodded, glad that she seemed to be making a good impression. But inwardly, she wondered whether Taga was as friendly as she seemed. Her power didn't seem that bad, and it felt to her like Taga should be allowed to live normally in the facility, and the fact that she didn't was unsettling.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Taga smiled softly, chuckling a bit.  
"Oh, I've been in here a very, very long time.  Almost since the place first opened up.  I came here after I realized that my power could be dangerous to others.".
She said softly, delicately opening a candy bar and taking a small bite...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
so you took precautions then. Smart. How many others with.. 'abilities, for lack of a better term, are here currently? Or do you not know that? you have been here, the longest, or nearly so, by your own admission' Marita said, looking at Taga with Interest
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Why don't you just...control it then?" Flora knew she was being impolite but couldn't resist learning more about someone who had trouble with their powers. "Just don't manipulate people's emotions, and then you could live wherever you wanted instead of...trapped in this cell." She shifted her feet, hoping Taga didn't think she was insulting her home like the rat did.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Taga chuckled softly.
"If only it were that simple, dearie.  I've tried to keep my powers under control, but if I allowed myself to lapse for even a moment, then they would slip out and endanger people again.  I decided that it would be best to stay someplace where I could work to minimize that risk.  Most of the people here are much the same.  We've willingly agreed to stay here until our powers can be kept in check and we won't endanger people.  And miss, as to how many of us there are, there's a dozen or so of us.  Each of us with abilities that can be very dangerous if unchecked.  But we all are reasonably happy down here."
She said pleasantly, doing a small gesture around herself..

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"So...most of you chose to come down here?" asked Flora, feeling relief wash over here. "You won't forced by the labs?" That was good to hear; her powers were very minor and she was prepared to be more than cooperative with Sartonic in every way.

She shifted her feet. This cell block still unnerved her, but it wasn't as bad now that she'd gotten to know some of the inhabitants a little better.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
fewer than i thought' Marita nodded.' how old are you. if i may ask.?  you look like you re at least 90 years old.
_
 well i don;t know about the rest of you, but i'm ready to go' Emma said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Taga smiled wryly at Marita's question.
"How old am I?  Hehee, I've lost track, to be honest.  I suppose your guess is as good as mine, isn't it?"
She said lightly, then looked over at Emma.
"Ah, of course.  I didn't mean to keep you.  You must have a lot to do and see, being new here.  I'll let you get on with it!  But thank you for coming to visit an old spinstress like me, all of you."
She said, making her way back towards her chair before pausing and turning back around.
"Oh, but, Flora, dearie?  Could you stay a moment longer?  I know you're a bit uneasy, but I promise you'll be fine.  And Yu, no eavesdropping, child!  I swear, you're just like a little boy sometimes.".
She teased, to which Yurei gave a coy shrug.
"Yeah, yeah, Baachan.  I won't snoop this time.  Sheesh, I do it once and you never have let me hear the end of it."
He retorted, leading the group back down the hall, though not before giving Flora's hand a reassuring squeeze...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora nodded nodding encouragingly as her friends retreated down the hallway. "What is it, ma'am?" she asked politely, walking up to the cell door and placing her face against the bars so she could get a good look at her conversationalist. Not knowing how sensitive the talk was going to be, she decided to give Taga the most privacy possible considering the situation.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Taga smiled softly, shuffling up to the door.
"Please, you don't need to be so formal with me. I just wanted to talk to you about Yurei.  I think he's rather smitten with you.".
She said lightly, then looked a bit more contemplative.
"I just wanted to let you know that, as much as he acts cheerful and light-heated, the poor child's been through a lot, and tries to carry the burdens all himself.  He means well, though.  And he loves with all his heart.  So please, do take care of him."
She said softly, her voice gentle and almost maternal...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"A relationship? Already? But we just met..." Flora answered nervously.

She bit her lip at the warning that Yurei wasn't as carefree and content as she thought. "Thank you for the advice," she continued, smiling softly. "I'll be careful around him, the last thing I want to do is hurt anybody." But if Taga was right (and as a psionically-powered empath, Flora was inclined to believe her), Yurei is going to have to be patient. Flora wasn't yet comfortable entering into relationships with anybody beyond the 'friends with benefits' level. And even then he's going to have to share with Marita, Rose, Marie, and Emma for Flora's time...hopefully she'd be able to make it all work.

Sexual relationships are complicated... she thought with unexpected despair, feeling a slight knot in her stomach.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Taga placed her hand on the bars, smiling gently
"Oh, dearie, I didn't mean it as something so serious.  He cares about you immensely, but I don't believe he'll try to make anything more than that until you two know each other better.  But thank you for listening to a doddering old lady like me.  It's just that, when he looked at you, I could feel something from him that I hadn't felt in a long time.  He's been so very closed off since... Well, it's not my place to say.  I think that you two will be good for each other.  So please, don't despair."
She said gently, giving Flora a small smile...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora returned the smile. "Yurei's a good guy. I like him a lot and I hope to get to do a lot of fun things with him. So I'm glad he's got your vote of confidence. It's good to hear from someone who knows him really well." She put her hand over Taga's. "I'm sure we'll come visit you a lot," she added brightly. "Yurei seems to have a lot of friends down here! I've got to run finish my tour, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to get to know you better."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Emma waited for Flora by the  wing entrance, hoping she would not take too long..
- so whats next on the tour Yurei' Riose asked '  will you show us your flat? She asked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora headed back towards the exit, but stopped when she crossed the cell containing the old rat, who was still enjoying a ball bearing bath. "Ummm, hello again," she added, determined to make a better impression before she left. "Sorry about before. I'm new, learning how things work around here."

"Same deal as before," he said dismissively. "I'll forgive you when you give me something."

Flora rifled through her pockets and found only the scrap of paper containing Emma's phone number. Tearing a decently-sized blank portion off the bottom, she let that flutter through the bars. "How about that?"

The rat's eyes lit up. "I'll wallpaper my room with this!" He said excitedly. Leaping out of the bath, he grabbed the paper excitedly and began twirling as white confetti sprung forth from his hand.

Flora took that opportunity to leave while she was ahead. "Hi all!" she said brightly when she found them waiting outside the cell block. "I think I got the rat to like me. Now, where are we going next?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei chuckled some, giving Flora a wink.
"Heh, I was thinking I could show you guys the entertainment district!  Shopping, arcades, you name it!"
He said with a coy grin and wink to Flora.
"After all, I figure you guys would like to know where to get some neat threads and some fun."
He said jokingly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora's eyes lit up. "Ooh, sounds good!" she exclaimed.

She could hardly contain herself during the walk to the entertainment district. "What part should we go to first?" she asked as it drew close.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yurei chuckled a bit, giving Flora a smirk.
"Well I was figuring I'd let you take the lead, shop around.  I'll tag along, follow your lead and pick up the tab.  I mean, if you'd like."
He said with a smile, doing a sweeping gesture towards the large, open promenade...