News:

Author Topic: Asking LBT production crew members for information  (Read 9659 times)

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://landbeforetime.webs.com/
Re: Asking LBT creators for information
« Reply #340 on: January 04, 2019, 05:34:49 AM »
This is a great answer, thanks for reaching out to her and sharing with us Sovereign! This is really cool :D

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 04, 2019, 10:23:46 AM »
Thank you for your kind words everyone! :) Indeed, Hunter broke the ice on many issues about the sequels that have puzzled us for a long time. I thought that we could ask her more closely about the deleted scene and of other ones that were close to being animated.

Thank you very much for your insightful and thorough answer, Ms. Hunter! The bits of knowledge you shared have sparked a lot of interest on our site and indeed, we appreciate the time and effort you put into answering as many of my questions as possible. It really means a lot to me and to our other members as it is more than helpful to help us understand more about JOTB’s development.

Of special interest to me was the point where you spoke of the deleted ribcage scene as it is these deleted scenes are the exact kind of stuff we have wanted to know about LBT films. You mentioned that there were many different versions of that scene so I’d like to ask, would you have some storyboards about that particular scene that you could kindly share with us? And also, it is to be expected that many plans are cut while producing an animated film but still, we’d perhaps like to hear of some, more developed plans aside from this one that didn’t make it to JOTB. And finally, it is more than a bit unfortunate that the studios change their animation crew for every film but still, thank you for your encouraging and interesting words concerning the future of the Land Before Time.

Best Regards
---

Hypno

• GoF's resident Sharptooth fan
  • Member+
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
« Reply #342 on: January 04, 2019, 02:29:01 PM »
Looks great to me. You are definitely improving with these messages :D
I suppose the message can be sent already as I don't see any problems with it :)
Formally known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

I'm a big LBT fan and have seen all movies and TV series episodes. I'm currently working on a modern analysis of the deleted scenes in The Land Before Time, as new discoveries have been made in the last few years.
I love sharpteeth, especially the Horned Sharptooth, the Plated Sharptooth/Plates and the original Sharptooth.
I'm an admin on The Land Before Time Wiki, particularly the "Sharptooth admin" I suppose you could say.

Runner up

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
I was quite busy today but now the message is sent. Let's hope for another answer.  :)

OwlsCantRead

• ^ This owl wishes on the Stone of Cold Fire that his sleep schedule isn't so awful
  • Member+
  • So, question: can I read, or can I not read? Hm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »
Ah, storyboarding to film is as annoying a task as always. That's my first thought upon reading her response.

Missed the initial reply due to wisdom tooth surgery getting the better of me, but I'll echo everyone else and say that I'm happy with the response received. Still on the fence on whether Universal would ever make a 15th LBT film, but the reply received is quite the tidbit already! :D
A quaint creature who soars when the Night Circle is highest in the dark sky, messing up his circadian rhythm in the process. Truly, a tragic flyer.

When it comes to LBT, I love to write stories! :)
Current Fics: Waves Crashing Upon the Sky, The Threehorn Way, Five Stages of Grief, Scrambled Eggs, and Our Safe Haven.

Hypno

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Asking LBT production crew members for information
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2019, 05:06:43 PM »
Since Hunter did not reply, perhaps we could move on to the next Journey of the Brave storyboard artist. I have the website links for Larry Houston, Fred Gonzales, and Robert Sledge in reply #298. Starting with Houston, I suppose we could ask him similar questions as we asked Hunter - were there any deleted scenes and if so do you still have any storyboards of them?

Also, I kinda want to know if Hunter was just mistaken when she identified the Featherhead Sharpteeth as "Allosauruses" because they certainly look like a lot more like either Monolophosaurus or Yutyrannus to me... so maybe we could ask Houston what kind of dinosaur the featherheads are supposed to be :p

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »
I guess we could do that as it's nearly certain that other people remember different cut scenes than Hunter did. As for the latter question, I'm not personally too interested in that one but I can put it in the message as well.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:19:20 PM by Sovereign »

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2019, 01:40:41 PM »
I want to ask someone of LBTXIV production team about why Shorty was missing in movie much more than any possible deleted scenes and storyboards.  :SmugSpike
play Mr. Stick adventure forum game!: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15974
ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412
------------------

---------

Hypno

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2019, 04:16:48 PM »
Quote from: Sovereign on June 12, 2019, 10:41:08 AMAs for the latter question, I'm not personally too interested in that one but I van put it in the message as well.

Actually forget what I said - I'll just ask one of them myself at some point since it's not that important.

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2019, 03:09:47 PM »
Well, here's my message proposal.

Greetings, Mr. Houston!

I am extremely impressed for the beautiful work you and the other artists did on the storyboards of the Journey of the Brave. I, for one, enjoyed that film greatly and it was a real relief to see the series finally get over JOTB’s immediate predecessor. It’s clear that storyboard answers like you were instrumental in bringing the Land Before Time to life again and for that, I’m very grateful.

However, I’d still be interested in asking what kinds of scenes you worked on, especially ones that might have been cut before the film’s release. One of the other storyboard artists told me about the ribcage scene so are there other cut scenes you might know of? Even better would be if you could share some storyboards of such scenes (or any scenes overall) you still might have. And finally, I’d be happy to know if you have any knowledge or guesses about the continuation of the LBT franchise.

We understand that you may not want to share everything with us but even answering a few of these questions would mean a lot to me and many other members of an LBT fansite called the Gang of Five. You may also add some funny memories of your own if you want to and thank you already in advance for a possible answer!

Best Regards

Hypno

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2019, 04:42:01 PM »
Solid message, I would probably replace "the ribcage scene" with "a ribcage scene" if I was writing it but you don't have to.  :duckyhappy

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »
I already mentioned it on Discord but yeah, the message is sent.