The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Time Warp

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was thinking more of Hyp's kind for my appearance.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes. I do modify my characters so that they can fit into RPs. They can live without magic. I actually have two options: either the form that they are in can't handle magic, or that they had total amnesia and can't remember their other form. I prefer the former.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That's cool, it is always better to keep the knowledge of the powers for some greater emergency (for example, if they need to leave from the main plot for a number of posts to do "something else"). But still in respect of the story's rules of no magic or powers and truly show them if the story allows you to.

Lol, I forgot I need to write a bios for my character :blink:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have an idea, but I need to see if it is allowed in this RP.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I think that's the reason for this topic, but if it is a surprise, the best would be to send a PM to the GM, I hope it will let you use your surprise :DD

- edit: sorry, too many typos :bang

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is the idea:
My character is a being of magic in the form of a longneck. He doesn't have the ability to control his magic. However, in times of great danger, the magic activates as a defense mechanism.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That sounds very good to me, but be careful because the rock has magic properties too, I hope your character won't be affected for that in the story :blink:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is if Aves allows players to have any access to magic at all, I thought the only magic was suppose to be the stone.  If one player has access to some magic then all players should to be fair and to keep them within the same overall power level.

no idea what the seeming obsession is with the character having to have magic and be a dragon.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As I said, it is a defense mechanism. My character will have no power over it whatsoever.

I can live without it, though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
up to Aves, but if one has access to magic, even uncontrolled, then everyone else should have access to the same power level, fc's included, to keep things fair for everyone.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, yes, as far as I know only the stone has the power. and if someone has power, more characters may want to do magic things too.
 But it is very interesting to know about the potential of your character lbt/cty_lover, it will make a great addition to more RPGs B)

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that you mentioned it that way, I probably will drop that idea.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
characters using magic only fits into certain rp threads, not every lbt rp thread.   In pure LBT it's unlikely for any magic to appear at all, or at most it'll be some plot device like the stone in another rp, or the wishing stone in this one, not characters wielding magic.  Magic along with dragons and elves do not fit into the LBT.  No idea what the obsession is about forcing gm's to allow them into LBT.  You can easily do your own world and do an rp thread here, there is a section for rp that have nothing to do with lbt.  You can easily make up your own world and put all the rp threads there.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That is true Kor, but it is also true that there are some LBT RPGs that allows the use of magical and other non-LBT elements, so I can understand why lbt/cty_lover asked about the use of magic :yes .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Asking is one thing, but trying to force the gm into allowing his char to have access to magic or to allow a dragon character when one would not fit is another thing completely.

I'll start thinking what spells Mim and Diver can know and will have to think of another oc who can do spells too, just to be on the same power level, and everyone else should also so all the oc's can be within the same power level to keep things fair for everyone instead of having 1 or 2 extra powerful characters.  Plus if magic is allowed for any pc, fc's should have access to magic too, just to keep things on the same power level and to be fair.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is my new plan: Ask if magic is allowed. If yes, I don't need to do anything else. If not, ask if magical creatures are allowed. If yes, I'm still happy. If not, pick something that is the most anatomically like a magical creature.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 There are still many dinosaur species that look great and they are not very used, sadly I cannot come up with ideas right now, but I'm sure something cool may appear into the Great Valley ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
YOu can look over some LBT characters, and try to pick one like f-22 "raptor" ace is thinking.  Or if you are totally unsure maybe list some traits of the form you'd like and some who know a lot about dinos could suggest some types and you could look them up and pick on.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
can i be just me but as a flyer of any kind

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I cannot think of a reason why not, flyers are very cool indeed :) .