The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 174646

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I've created a frustrating Donkey Kong game in the style of the old game for NES and already 5 people downloaded it!

You should play it, it's very funny when you die only because of bugs/glichtes! xD
http://waluigisrevenge.deviantart.com/#/d2uahay

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jul 18 2010 on  06:30 PM
I've always had a fascination for astronomy, and I've always been very good in my math classes, so I figured that I should find a career that combined both of them, and aerospace engineering seemed like an ideal option for me.

One benefit I see for majoring in mechanical engineering is that (I hope) it'll give me more options of which career or job I might be able to get, and let's face it, in this economy people will take a job anywhere they can get one. (After all, I've failed to get a summer job this year for the second time in a row.)
Actually, The Consumerist published an article about the ten top-paying degrees, and seven of the ten were engineering, one was economics, one was physics, and one was computer science. So, assuming that you get through college successfully (I have full confidence that you will because math gives people POWER), you'll have a nice career waiting for you. And so will I, for that matter.

I recently bought a NERFĂ´ gun online, and I love it.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: brekclub85,Jul 18 2010 on  10:04 PM
My brother is getting married in a few months!
Congratulations to your brother. I hope he and his wife have a long and happy relationship.

I got the most awesome birthday gift ever this year; a cardboard box covered in duct tape, and the words "Happy Birthday Austin (NOT RELEASING LAST NAME)" written in Sharpie. I'll try to post a picture after I edit the photo.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congrats to your brother and future sister in-law, brekclub85 :goodluck!

I saw a coyote hunt and dig up a rodent for lunch today, and a Red fox came within ten feet of me.  Too bad I did not have my camera with me :rolleyes.

Also, three nights ago, I heard a Gray wolf pack howl around midnight for at least ten minutes :wow.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
^^^ My congratulations as well. :yes

^ While CT definitely has me beat in the exciting wildlife encounters department, :p we have a robin's nest in one of the cedar trees in front of the house. I've been hearing the chicks calling for food for the last few days. I got a look at them today; they're already feathered and are starting to crowd up the nest, but I can't tell whether their eyes have opened yet. Unsurprisingly, The adult robin that was present made quite a fuss about me being close to the nest, chirping and making occasional swoops by my head, and apparently following me (flying from tree to tree) as I walked away.

I of course did not touch the chicks or the nest, and so far Sasquatch has not done the robins any harm, though I do worry that he might. :unsure:

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I absolutly adore/love/whatever it is you want to call it, the works of Greek mythology and the likes.  Things like the Chimera, the Hydra that Hercules slew (I forget the Hydra's true name), Medusa, Hell Hounds.....etc, etc.

To me, all of them just intruigue and facinate me quite a bit actually.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I was quite obsessed with mythological creatures for a while. (I still am, just to a lesser extent); the same with my two brothers. A couple of days ago we were discussing the Yara-ma-yha-who from Australian Aboriginal mythology.

P.S. The full title of the Hydra was “the Lernaean Hydra”, because it lived at Lake Lerna, but it didn’t really have a name. (Or maybe it was named, but no one bothered to memorize it because each head insisted on having its own name. :p)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's the one.  Was reading about it yesterday, but still could not remember the name of it :lol:

Best mythological creture for me....Bigfoot...nuff said XD

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^Same here. :)

A lot of my interests are either "too young" for me or "too serious or old" for me. :p I don't care if that is true. I like what I like.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I just found our oldest cat in the cedar closet! Poor girl was in there all night :( ! I feel really, really horrible that she was in there so long without any attention >X{

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After reading comments about middle school in the "Things You Hate" thread, I felt like posting this one:

In the eighth grade, this dumb broad (to put it nicely :p) told the whole class about my LBT fandom, and I was the laughing stock for about three days <_<.  Plus, this girl one day teased me in English class for being nerdy and "not having a life".  She was one of the cool cats and I was quite the opposite.

After looking her up on Facebook, I can see karma was a true b**** to her.  I'm doing what I want to do in life and getting ahead, and she is stuck in a small town with no college education, two kids born out of wedlock, and no daddy in their lives.

If that was her idea of "having a life", I'd rather not have one, thanks :rolleyes.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ I love karma for that reason. :D :D

I'm going to (attempt) to add a little more domesticity to my life by baking my own bread instead of buying it with all the sugars and preservatives.  I must be nuts...I burn things. :lol

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Just some random fact about me when I was kid:

When people would ask me for a little bit of whatever I was eating I would literally give them "a little" bit of something, like a crumb of the food! :lol :DD I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but I took it as they just wanted a "little bit" of something.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I almost posted this under the bullying subject, but I thought it would be better here instead.

As part of my course studies, I had to help mentor at-risk sixth graders.  One day, this kid who had the looks and mannerisms of an Aspie was checking in with our program.  At the same time, these bigger kids who were walking past us started pushing him around (he was small for his age) and calling him a dork and other bad names.  That's when I stepped in and told the bullies to knock off their bad behavior and asked them how they would like it if somebody did that to them.  They looked ashamed, and that's when I continued with how their behavior was mean and hurtful to others.  The kid thanked me after the bullies left, and even asked to be in the group I was mentoring for the rest of the school year :).

From what I understand, the kid was longer picked on by that group after my chat with them.  They probably preyed upon somebody else, but to know I had spared this kid of further harrassment by this group was the best part of it all :yes.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ How nice. :)  Are you planning to be a teacher Anna?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No, I'm actually pursuing a career with the National Park Service (NPS) as a park ranger naturalist/interpeter.  I'm currently doing a student internship with the NPS.  I frequently give talks that educate visitors on various subjects related to history, geology, biology, and outdoor safety, so in a way I do teach others ;).

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Learnt how to count in binary today so I am rather happy indeed.

I would give an example, but I am still getting used to it, I mean, I can count in it, but it is rather difficult with the higher numbers and on how to count quickly :lol:

But I have learnt the basics of it, as in, 0, 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111 :D

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Neat. I know how to count in binary, as well.

I recently acquired some buttons with awesome dragon art on them.