The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 71995

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Yay! I am optimistic! And if Shorty returns, which with Bron's return is quite likely, I hope they handle him a bit better as a character than they did in the TV series.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Heh, I was wondering when you'd reply  :lol. I mean I hope they include all the new characters and the later sequel chars too, but doing that with some may mess with what the creators might want to do with the story. For example, if the gang took chomper into the mysterious beyond to meet Bron or really any other leaf eater along the way (should Bron be out there that is) I don't things would go so well

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Er, why not?  Chomper might actually be able to help by using his "sniffer".

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The only reason I could see them really putting Chomper in is because he's a fan favorite. Maybe they might think putting the friendly sharptooth in might increase dvd sales.

I REALLY hope he's in, but we don't know yet.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I doubt Chomper will be in this one, though, if they make more movies, it's a pretty safe bet to say that he'll be back.  I hope they bring back our favorite Fast Runner too.  I don't know much about her, but she looks huggable and that's sellable.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw the news about LBT 14 on the Channel Awesome forum.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's also spreading like a wildfire on DeviantArt since I made a journal about the new movie there :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 24 2015 on  05:58 PM
While I am not exhillerated that there will be Bron in it I do wonder if the title "Journey of the heart" in combination with Bron might allude to some reference to the original movie.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers. So listen closely...
I, too, have mixed feelings about Bron's return.  His character was initially similar to that of a deadbeat father, he only knew his son for a short period of time in LBT X, and had the audacity to even suggest that Littlefoot leave the only family he ever had (friends and grandparents) to be with his father he hardly knew.  These details have left me with very mixed feelings about Bron.  On the other hand, I am curious to see what happens in this film :yes.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure if I could call Bron a "deadbeat dad", considering that it would suggest that he purposely left responsibility because he didn't want to care for Littlefoot, but based on what I've seen, this isn't the case. I know some people think of him as such, but I have to disagree. After all, if he didn't care at all about Littlefoot, why would he spend so long searching for him?

I also disagree with the "audacity to ask Littlefoot to stay" thing. After all, he had spent a long time looking for Littlefoot when he was able to come back, and he had thought that he had lost him. Him asking Littlefoot to stay made perfect sense; if you were looking for somebody for a long time, someone you care about, especially a family member, and they finally show up after you had long given up hope, would you be so willing to let them out of your sight again?

And yes, it can be said that he could have left the herd to be with Littlefoot, but that would present another problem. He'd be abandoning his herd, the ones that had looked up to him for a long time. It would seem hypocritical to me to assume that it would be okay for Bron to abandon all those longnecks whom had looked ot him for guidance for years (hey there must be some reason they let him be leader), but then cry foul if Littlefoot were asked to leave to join his father. Both situations offer similar repercussions.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Speaking of Bron, is it too much to ask for Kiefer Sutherland to come back?

But, actually, I'm pretty excited. I can see this movie having a lot of parallels with the first, with the mention of heart and also one of Littlefoot's parents. If they do add Chomper and Ruby in, it will be extremely ironic for the very thing that killed his mother and took her away from him to help him find his father and bring him back. If they do take that route, I'm really excited to see how it will be played out.

The relation between Littlefoot and Bron is also a very interesting aspect to explore and look at, and could give us some very touching and heartwarming scenes. Also, when Felix stated that "it's an emergency", that makes it sound a bit more adult, and could give us some real meaning as to why Littlefoot goes off. Other than the obvious "oh he's my dad of course I'm gonna go find him", there's also the important factor of his mother was killed by a Sharptooth and then died right before his eyes, and it was, unfortunately, all avoidable. If Littlefoot thinks he can do something to prevent an "emergency" from happening and history repeating itself, leaving Littlefoot an orphan for real, then that's what he's going to do.

The Bron storyline could also give us some brotherly development between Littlefoot and Shorty, especially since he's both of their paternal and fatherly figure. It'll be interesting to see how this affects Shorty, who would, most presumably want to go after Bron as well. Think about it, Bron's been taking care of him for a very long time, unlike Littlefoot who's only known him for a short time. So, I would predict that Shorty joins the gang as well.

Hopefully this'll be a good movie. It seems like they're putting a lot of effort into this. Hopefully it pays off. I just really hope that they're going to build off the TV canon and add Chomper and Ruby up into this gig. (lol jk i just want jack bauer dinosaur back)

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It will be interesting if the Brandon Michael DePaul reprises his role as Shorty or if Elizabeth Daily does the role.  This movie is going to get very interesting.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If it's an emergency, I think it possible that Bron could be trapped somewhere (i.e. earthshake trapped him in some place where there is little food and water.)  

I just hope we DON'T have Bron die, as that would be too dark.  I could have other characters die, but Littlefoot doesn't need to lose his father after he lost his mother.  

As for Chomper and Ruby, unless they decide to go away, they might still be around, even if they don't show up in this one.  I mean, maybe Chomper and Ruby aren't invited to come with them.  

(Chomper is supposed to be hiding from Red Claw.  Going on this crazy journey puts them at risk and they might already be taking risk without Red Claw turning up to make things worse.0

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good point. Redclaw could also be the actual reason for Bron being in trouble...  :unsure:

I agree that Bron's death would be kinda dark but I wouldn't say that's too dark. Littlefoot still has his Grandparents to care for him and his friends to support him after all :)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I wonder if Andi McAfee and Rob Paulsen will resume their roles as Cera and Spike for the new movie  :unsure:
Life Is Good

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Rob Paulsen is more likely to come back, being the prolific voice actor he is, but as for Anndi reappearing, I'm not sure. Personally I think she should be replaced, because even if Anndi still sounded good as the character in her mid-30's, I seriously think she's had her run in the franchise. No offense meant or anything, of course.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Who do you guys think will direct LBT 14?
I'm guessing Grosvenor (he did direct 5 to 12 after all)
Life Is Good

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Feb 6 2015 on  12:11 AM
, but as for Anndi reappearing, I'm not sure. Personally I think she should be replaced, because even if Anndi still sounded good as the character in her mid-30's, I seriously think she's had her run in the franchise. No offense meant or anything, of course.
Glad to know you too think Cera badly needs a new voice preferable by a child actor like Littlefoot. As I've said in other posts I've never been that keen on Anndi McAfee role as Cera, and I think she was too old for the role in the first place, She was in her late teens when LBT 5 was made. And she's far too old now as TAP said she's well into her 30s..  If they do rehire Anndi I won't be happy. My reaction will be like this  :bang As

And I can't say I'm happy that their still using Aria Noelle Curzon to voice Ducky for the 14th film, when she's in her late 20s now...
I'm sorry to keep banging on about this and I no some people like that she makes Ducky sound older. But for me I really think it's time they got a new VA for Ducky too.

I've got nothing against Aria (or Anndi McAfee) She's a good actress and has done voice overs in loads of my other favourite media. And her voice for Ducky was ok in the first 2 or 3 LBT films. But by the later ones when she got older it sounds to me pretty forced to make it child like ( and will probably to me sound more forced in the up coming film), there for down grading Ducky's cute factor, and for me is only recognisable as Ducky cause of the "Yep yep yep" and silly grammar stuff. Also she doesn't hold a candle to Judith Barsi. Oh Judith :cry

Sorry to be soo negative but it just bugs me that I have problems with the new film before it's even been released. Another thing that bugs me is that their still having songs in the film. Mind you they might be songs that I like or can sit through like in the 2nd, 4th, 7th and 12th films.

This is just my opinion please don't judge me.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We've already had a discussion concerning Ducky's and Cera's VA's so I won't pick that up again. Your opinion does make sense though I (personally) don't like being so negative towards something I really love (which is also why I have long ceased to bash LBT 13 but try to point out the good things about it; same about the tv-series)
Anyways, I don't know who is going to direct the new movie but it could be Grosvenor as well as ANY person so... we'll find out sooner or later :yes

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I personally like both Anndi and Aria in their roles, and I like hearing the Gang at least sound older.  Maybe the characters will be older in this upcoming film?  I would like to see them finally hit the Time of Great Growing.  Maybe this will be used to explain the losses of certain older characters and reintroduce the fact of life known as the Circle of Life?  Just my thoughts.