The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No...NO! I shall resist!! :wacko

I wouldn't say American television is terrible this year. There are still good cartoon shows like South Park, Scooby Doo! Mystery incorporated, and my favorite, Adventure Time!  ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess there are very good shows, ok, shows and bad shows overall.  Not sure if the percentage of ones are better or lower then it use to be, I've not done a systematic study.  

I've liked My little Pony: friendship is magic as well as the current scooby doo series.  I liked southpark at first, but I've not seen anything since around season 6.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
As strange as I feel saying this, I completely love this show.  It took me a long time to come around, but now I'm totally pony obsessed.  I just finished the last episode a few hours ago and I still can't stop thinking about it.  I had a gander around the internet and holy hell this thing is popular!  I mean I knew it was popular with everyone screaming "My Little Pony!  My Little Pony!" everywhere I went, but seriously I had no idea.  

I've never laughed so much with a show in all my life.  The expressions and situations were just priceless.  The songs were.....just short of terrible.  Let's just say I'll be skipping them the next time around.  Thankfully there weren't many of them.  Unlike LBT, they didn't feel the need to cram 3 songs into a 20 minute episode.  In fact, I think there was a total of 3 or 4 songs in the whole 26 episodes, which is a good thing for me.

I still can't believe how good this show really is.  I haven't been this obsessed with a show...well...since LBT honestly.  I'm really impressed with every aspect of the show.  And the fact that it was created entirely in Flash 8 is even more amazing.  My favorite characters are as follows:

1.  Twilight Sparkle
2.  Rainbow Dash
3.  Apple Jack
4.  Rarity
5.  Fluttershy
6.  Pinkie Pie

Though I do admit it's almost a toss up between Twilight and Rainbow Dash.  Rainbow Dash is really cool.  But Twilight has a cuteness that I just can't get past.  All the characters are incredibly cute though.  And I love how Pinkie Pie is on rainbow-colored crack all the time.  She sniffed waaaaaaaaay too much of that stuff in episode 25 though.  

The thing that I like most about this show is how freaking funny it is.  I loved how Rarity shoved her head in the garbage.  Being Rarity, that just made it so incredibly funny!  I seriously remember literally laughing out loud many times during the show and my mother coming in and asking me what was so funny.  Sorry but I'm not even telling her about my obsession with My Little Pony, so it was difficult to come up with an excuse each time.  And as hard as I tried, I just couldn't help but bust a gut at some of these scenes.

I must say, this is one obsession I'm keeping to myself when it comes to people in the outside world.  LBT is one thing, but I don't think people could accept a nearly 20 year old guy liking a show like My Little Pony.  I can hardly believe it myself.  And it took me quite a while to actually like the show.  But I must admit now that this is one of my favorite shows.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 19 2011 on  09:46 PM
As strange as I feel saying this, I completely love this show.  It took me a long time to come around, but now I'm totally pony obsessed.  I just finished the last episode a few hours ago and I still can't stop thinking about it.  I had a gander around the internet and holy hell this thing is popular!  I mean I knew it was popular with everyone screaming "My Little Pony!  My Little Pony!" everywhere I went, but seriously I had no idea.  

I've never laughed so much with a show in all my life.  The expressions and situations were just priceless.  The songs were.....just short of terrible.  Let's just say I'll be skipping them the next time around.  Thankfully there weren't many of them.  Unlike LBT, they didn't feel the need to cram 3 songs into a 20 minute episode.  In fact, I think there was a total of 3 or 4 songs in the whole 26 episodes, which is a good thing for me.

I still can't believe how good this show really is.  I haven't been this obsessed with a show...well...since LBT honestly.  I'm really impressed with every aspect of the show.  And the fact that it was created entirely in Flash 8 is even more amazing.  My favorite characters are as follows:

1.  Twilight Sparkle
2.  Rainbow Dash
3.  Apple Jack
4.  Rarity
5.  Fluttershy
6.  Pinkie Pie

Though I do admit it's almost a toss up between Twilight and Rainbow Dash.  Rainbow Dash is really cool.  But Twilight has a cuteness that I just can't get past.  All the characters are incredibly cute though.  And I love how Pinkie Pie is on rainbow-colored crack all the time.  She sniffed waaaaaaaaay too much of that stuff in episode 25 though.  

The thing that I like most about this show is how freaking funny it is.  I loved how Rarity shoved her head in the garbage.  Being Rarity, that just made it so incredibly funny!  I seriously remember literally laughing out loud many times during the show and my mother coming in and asking me what was so funny.  Sorry but I'm not even telling her about my obsession with My Little Pony, so it was difficult to come up with an excuse each time.  And as hard as I tried, I just couldn't help but bust a gut at some of these scenes.

I must say, this is one obsession I'm keeping to myself when it comes to people in the outside world.  LBT is one thing, but I don't think people could accept a nearly 20 year old guy liking a show like My Little Pony.  I can hardly believe it myself.  And it took me quite a while to actually like the show.  But I must admit now that this is one of my favorite shows.
Well, there's only one way I can respond to that.

Oh, and f-22 "raptor" ace, I am SO stealing that pic for my sig! *takes it and runs*

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
<--- New Avatar.  LOL.

Seriously though, If you had told me a week ago that I'd have a My Little Pony avatar, I never would have believed you.  I told myself I'd never watch this or get drawn in by this insanity, but it appears resistance really is futile. :lol You'd have better chances with the Borg any day.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
I will bet you ANYTHING that somepony out there will turn our delightful Gang of Five into ponies  :lol:

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: jansenov,Jul 20 2011 on  02:42 AM
I shall not be brought into temptation! :p
Same here. I've seen previews to this on TV, I can tell I'm not interested in it just by the previews. This is one franchise I'll never get into; zombies will be real before I even consider the show; I prefer darker franchises (hence my interest in AOFW, Watership Down, and Brave Little Toaster (for example).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Adder,Jul 20 2011 on  07:57 AM
Quote from: jansenov,Jul 20 2011 on  02:42 AM
I shall not be brought into temptation! :p
Same here. I've seen previews to this on TV, I can tell I'm not interested in it just by the previews. This is one franchise I'll never get into; zombies will be real before I even consider the show; I prefer darker franchises (hence my interest in AOFW, Watership Down, and Brave Little Toaster (for example).
Just by the previews? As in you never actually watched an episode?

I think you should give it more of a chance. Don't judge it by the looks.

I admit I didn't like the show at first simply because of the looks. It seemed to cute and I didn't think the show would be that interesting. I turned out to be wrong when I started watching some episodes.

It's never a good idea to shun a show simply because of looks.  :p  This show definitely isn't another "run of the mill" "girly show".

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
This show definitely isn't another "run of the mill" "girly show".

I never said it was; I was just saying that it doesn't look that interesting.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: oogaboo,Jul 20 2011 on  09:24 AM
I do not wanna succumb to these "bronies".

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Someone here should totally start a Land Before Time/My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic crossover RP.

It will be awesome.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 20 2011 on  11:38 PM
Someone here should totally start a Land Before Time/My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic crossover RP.

It will be awesome.
I AGREE WITH THIS.

Also...

PRICELESS.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be done & could be interesting.  Since magic is around in the MLP series it is possible.  One thing would be would the rp take place mainly in 1 place, or in both places?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We could also do a RP where a few of the members here are transported to Equestria as ponies.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds like an interesting idea for a 2nd rp.  

2 good ideas for rp's.   :yes

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
We keep on discussing a lot of stuff about the show itself, the backbone, but what about the rest of the body? MLP:FiM wouldn't be MLP:FiM without the Fandom. I just know that without the fandom, this thread wouldn't be here and we would all be oblivious to this treasured show. Why don't we discuss some of the content that the Fandom has spewed out, from FanFiction to FanArt, and even FanMerch. Plus, with us in a hiatus between Season 1 and Season 2, there is not very much that can be discussed besides seeing a person here be converted to Bronies or not. I guess I will start it here with one of my all time favorite FanFics out there (Second being Past Sins).

[align=center]Fallout: Equestria
[Grimdark][Crossover][Adventure]

[/align]

Fallout: Equestria is a FanFic...no...it's more than a FanFic...it's an EPIC, like Homer's Odyssey. No, seriously! Currently, it has 986 5-Star Ratings, 1909 Comments, and 32 Chapters to boot, and it is still going strong. Please note that I did NOT include the (abundant) FanArt and Side Stories created by the fans, along with the animated comic and YouTube Live readings. Yes, this, in my opinion, literally has EPIC written all over it. I really, REALLY suggest you give it a read when you have the time.

Are you deterred from reading? Is it because it's a crossover? Is it because of the Grimdark tag and the extreme blood, gore, and violence? Is is it because you don't like reading FanFictions based on video games? Is it because the length is a bit daunting? Is it because you don't like FanFictions in general, or even ponies?

Well, just imagine this: This is like watching MLP:FiM for the first time. You are very hesitant and want to back away, but you press forward. And pretty soon, you are emerged in pure awesomeness.

I can understand that it may not be your cup of tea, but I really do suggest that you at least make up up to Chapter 5. I don't want to spoil much, but I will guarantee you that a new, and very interesting character, will come along if you are patient enough to read all the way through Chapter 5.

If you are too hesitant to read, let me at least give you the introduction. From there on end, I will let you decide.

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria...

…there came an era when the ideals of friendship gave way to greed, selfishness, paranoia and a jealous reaping of dwindling space and natural resources. Lands took up arms against their neighbors. The end of the world occurred much as we had predicted -- the world was plunged into an abyss of balefire and dark magic. The details are trivial and pointless. The reasons, as always, purely our own. The world was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing; a magical spark struck by pony hooves quickly raged out of control. Megaspells rained from the skies. Entire lands were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the boiling oceans. Ponykind was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the ambient radiation that blanketed the lands. A quiet darkness fell across the world...

…But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue for another bloody chapter in pony history. In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters known as Stables. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them. All except those in Stable Two. For on that fateful day when spellfire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Stable Two swung closed, and never re-opened.

Fallout: Equestria

If you DO choose to read the FanFiction, I will be here, ready to have an in depth conversation with you, right here! Hope to talk with you soon, whoever you may be!  :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Jul 20 2011 on  10:43 AM
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 20 2011 on  11:38 PM

It will be awesome.
I AGREE WITH THIS.

Also...

PRICELESS.
Wait until she finds out the infamous story of Ducky's original voice actor.

Still, :lol: I love it! :D