The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are your favorite LBT fanfics?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Since Dark Pterano had a recent topic wondering what your favorite Pterano Vs. Sierra fight was, I started to wonder what your guys' favorite Land before Time fanfics are.

There's no LBT fanfics I dislike really, but my personal all time-favs: (So far.)

1.  A Sharptooth's Heart 1 and 2:  These two stories are awesome, Rex is one of my favorite OCs.  Keni's work is so awesome, the wait between the chapters doesn't bother me.

2.  The Land Before Time XIV and other Stories:  I like this fanfic because it's so close to how the movies and TV series works, I like the light-heartedness and the humor and action.

3.  Twilight Valley-Serris is the master of LBT wars.  He manages to have epicness in every chapter, and manage to come up with cool ideas for each one.

I have many honorable mentions, but there's too many to list.   :)

How bout you guys?

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Out of all LBT fics, I like all of crazedwriter's fics, Littlefoot 1616's Battle of the Sacred Essences(and it's sequel), A Sharptooth's heart 1 and 2, Chronicler's Quest for the Energy Stones, and Twilight Valley the most. This isn't a complete list since there are so many great LBT fics I've read, and putting them all here would take forever.

Dark Pterano

• Chomper
    • View Profile
These are some of my other favorite LBT stories?

All three of the LBT stories by Forever Young.

Sweet Child of Mine (It's kind of sad, because Petrie lost most of his family and Pterano has to raise him.)

The Path of Heaven (I just love the Pterano and Petrie flying and being kind of funny together by having a flying race in the first few chapters.)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Thanks. I never knew Twilight Valley would be this popular.

My favorites (no order):

Jedi's Destiny (Jedi472) - Funny and bizarre moments are tempered with high tension and thrilling moments. I am also a Star Wars fan.

The Mysterious World (Threehorn) - Post-apoc science fiction with LBT is just pure and utter win.

War of the Worlds (Falcon88) - This is one of the first LBT war fics in existence. Great characters and some very action packed sequences. The slight hint of the supernatural was a great touch too. Pity it was so short. In fact, I credit this fic with reviving my interest in LBT and sparking Twilight Valley.

Remnants (Falcon88) - Sequel to War of the Worlds. It had the potential to equal or even exceed War of the Worlds. Sadly, it was never finished.

Journey Through Time (H.G. Wells) - Had great potential as it involved some Russian submariners discovering the Great Valley during the height of the Cold War.  Sadly, it too was never finished.

Out of the Shadows (DarkHououmon) - Extremely dark but extremely well written.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Journey Through Time, A Jedi's Destiny,and Twilight Valley are a few of my favorites.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see here...

*"Twilight Valley" by Serris aka Jakaryta
*"Land Before Time: Warriors of the Solar System" by Dark Side of the World
*"Land Before Time: The Return of Sharptooth" by Red Eyes Black Dragon
*"A Sharptooth's Heart" by Keni aka Sora W.T.K.
*"The Land Before Time XIV and Other Stories" by Just Loves LBT
*"Out of the Shadows" by DarkHououmon

There are a couple of fanfics not on FF.net that I like:

*The Big Quarrel" by Malte279
*"The Cold Time" by Malte279
*"Old Threehorns" by Malte279

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
A couple of mine are:

The Land Beyond Time (The Oracle, I think)-This fanfic is no longer available, but it had an intriguing, if not bizarre storyline. It combined futuristic and space elements with Land Before Time. It also included some interesting story plots that kept me wanting to read more, including Pterano being Petrie's father and Ali being tricked into thinking Littlefoot was evil. I would recommend to read it, but since the story doesn't exist online anymore, I can't.

Worlds Connected: Littlefoot's New Friends (JFalcon)-I'm not sure if this is still on FF.Net, but if it is, I recommend it, especially to sharpteeth fans. This was not only the first LBT fanfic I read that had chapters, but also the first one written that has sharpteeth good guys. So if you like to see sharpteeth heroes, check out this story.

A Sharptooth's Heart and A Sharptooth's Heart II (Keni)-This was the first story I read that involved an invented species of dinosaur. It's been a long time since I read the first story, so I'm sorry to say I don't have much to say on that. But the second one keeps me interested. This was the first fanfic I read that introducted the "sharptooth instinct" concept, and also the first one that introduces an ominvore character. It was this that helped inspire my Out of the Shadows fanfic. It's worth the read.

Battle of the Sacred Essences (Littlefoot1616)-The first well written fanfic I saw that involves humans as well as multiple crossovers. I stayed with this fanfic from beginning to end, being patient enough to wait as each chapter came out. Normally I would think crossing over too many elements would be confusing and a jumbled mess, but I feel Littlefoot1616 really manages to pull it off here. If you haven't read it yet, I strongly recommend you do.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It has been a long time since I read land before time fanfiction and I admit that this is mainly because there are so few which are no crossing overs and could easily be turned into a movie. For lack of many stories to compare those I read to I am hardly competent to name a favorite here.
I did read most of Battle of the Sacret Essences (as far as it was written back then when I read it). Crossing over that it is Littlefoot1616's writing style is absolutely brilliant and I can barely hope ever to achieve a style so suited to keep the reader hooked rather than boring the heck out of readers (which is one of the sad effects of my own long winded style).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
There are quite a few good fanfics that I've seen (I probably should review some of them some time). I like a lot of the recent fics that are on here and on FF.net so it's very difficult to pick out favourites :unsure:  :lol Twilight Valley, Total Drama Valley, Sharptooth Valley, Jedi's Destiny & Legend of the Triforce are all coming along great! (Keep up the good work guys ;)). Darkhououmon's Out of Shadows was a great tale with a dark twist here and there, Keni's Sharptooth Heart was very well constructed; a trait continuing beautifully in its sequel. Oracle's The Land Beyond Time was another good one but sadly has been removed from the FF.net site. And Malte's theories of "being true to the series" have been wonderfully translated in his epic stories he's written and for someone who's writing in a language other than his mother tongue has done exceptionally well. Well done to all you talented authors ;)

Thanks to Malte, Darkhououmon and jedi472 for selecting my story. It's guys like you that make storywriting worthwhile ;)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Battle of the Sacred Essences was perhaps my favorite among the early fanfics I read (before early 2007). In fact, I think that some parts of the first few chapters inspired a few things in the early chapters in my fanfic (the main similarity is how a strange being from another time/world becomes friends with the gang). The sequel is slow-going, but it's interesting enough to be worth waiting for.

It's nice to see my fanfic making it to one person's list of favorites, despite the fact that I haven't been able to update it in a while, or that I'm still struggling to decide whether or not to post it on FF.net.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, here are all the Land Before Time fan works that I love the most so far. There are still several LBT projects out there that I haven't read yet, but out of all the ones I'm familiar with now, these ones give me the most pleasure. Now because of my large quantity of preferrences, some of these I haven't had the time to read all the way to the present on, be it whether they're finished or still in the making, but I like what I've seen in them thus far. Anyway, here is my list, which might reveal how much time I spend reading. I don't think anyone wants to read my list of reasons for liking every single one of these, so I'll just put the titles of them:

LBT Fanfictions:
The "Out of the Shadows" series
The "A Sharptooth's Heart" series
The "Sharptooth Valley" soon-to-be series
"Total Drama Valley"
"A Time Before Twilight"
"Legend of the Triforce: New Order"
"The Land Before Time XIV and Other Stories"
"Someone Like Me"
"Land Before Time: Twilight Valley"
"The Story of Ecco"
"The Land Before Time: Red Skies"
"The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali"
"Star Wars: The Land Before Time: A Jedi's Destiny"
"Riders Before the Pact"
"Reality Flux"
"Quest for the Energy Stones"
"LBT Hamlet"
"Land Before Time: Warriors of the Solar System"
"Journey to Shiny Cavern"
"A Day of Remembrance"
"Follow the Leader"
"Land Before Time: Battle Network"

On another note, although I haven't seen very many of them at all, there are a few LBT Fanpoems that I'm quite fond of:
"Morning Light"
"Pterano's Misery"
"Untitled" as far as I can tell, but it's based off a LBT fanfiction called "Old Threehorns"

All of the other LBT fan projects I have read are still good for various reasons, but these are my favorites. I even have all of these stories and poems copied onto the hardrive of my computer so that I can enjoy them at any time with ease. I rarely see such talent as I have while reading these. Do you think I read too much? Later!

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I would say that my favourites are the Battle Of the Sacred Essences stories, a Jedi's Destiny and a Time before Twilight. I would like to thank the friendly sharptooth for putting down my story Reality Flux as well.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
A Time Before Twilight. I knew I forgot a story from my list. That's another of my favorites.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I gotta say I have quite a few on my list.

Jedi's Destiny (Jedi472) Who doens't love our prehistoric pals getting into aggresive negotiations with lightsabers????

War of the Worlds (Falcon88) - This was one of the first LBT war fics I ever read. Just the story development and plot twists were wonderful enough to keep me reading.

Remnants (Falcon88) - Sequel to War of the Worlds. I'm not sure if it was finished or not...I'll have to check FF.net

Out of the Shadows (DarkHououmon) - Words cannot describe the sheer and utter joy I got from reading this story for the first time all the way through. This fanfic along with A Sharptooth's Heart I  and II (Keni) seem to be where I draw quite a bit of inspiration...just from their darker and more serious tones. ( ;) Keep up the great work you two!)

Sharptooth Valley & TDV (Brekclub) EPIC Classics...making me laugh with every chapter!

I've got others I want to list, but I'm short on time!

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sadly, I just checked FF.net and discovered that Remnants is not complete; in fact it has not been updated in about a year.

Time Gate X (Cyberlizard) - Hmm, great battle sequences and I like science fiction. Also, it was quite interesting to see the dinosaurs interacting with Humans. I loved the Mars Colony chapters. The only turn offs: the language. I have absolutely no problem with profanity but the level is just ridiculous. And of course how young the "combat scientist" is. I mean, he's 14-15 and he's capable of using a minigun! Its a story but you just broke my suspension of disbelief.

And I credit this story with inspiring my own original science fiction story with dinosaurs and a "combat scientist". But more importantly, this story made me a fan of the "combat scientist" archetype.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"A Day of Remembrance"

Thanks, The Friendly Sharptooth :yes!  Yeah, I also liked "Time Gate X."  I found the part of the Gang being given caffeine pills quite bizarre :p.  I also wish that "A Traitor in Our Midst" by Naturalist would be finished.  I'd like to find out the fate of my favorite threehorn :yes!

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I have only read a few.

I am loving LBTFan13's Revenge series! They're suspenseful, pure LBT, nicely written and true to the characters.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked the Revenge series too. High tension action adventure.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I must confess I still wasn't able to finish reading or reading focused any fanfic. However from what I've read, I can say I liked all of them. I'l list them:

Sharptooth Valley;
Some chapters of Reality Flux;
The Oneshot "Happy Threehorn";
A few parts of "Twilight Valley";
A few parts of "A Jedi's Destiny";

And a few others frm fanfiction.net frm which I cant remember the name.

Also, thank you for havng included my fanfic in your list. It means much, really. - especially after not having a single review in ff.net. However, I'd rather have it that than having flames. Eheh.