The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RockingScorpion's Side Projects

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Herald Of Spring

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

This photo may not be that special actually, but meeting this little buddy sure was. :)
Haven't seen those for a long time until today and they sure are beautiful. One of the most colorful butterflies you can find in my country.

I was at my uni and found him inside. They do hibernate so that was what he was doing in there probably and he was sitting in front of a window, eager to get out, so I took him. He actually didn't want to leave my hand. xD

He also wasn't too keen on opening the wings (the outsides are dark brown, not much of an eyecatcher) but I placed him on a sunny spot and waited. Worth it.

I almost missed the start of a course for that photo, but hey, I'm a photographer, so you can't blame me for that. :D

That's all I got for today, so until next time then. :)

RS

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That is beautiful RockingScorpion!  :)  I love nature photography.  If you don't mind me asking, what species is that?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What a beautiful creature, isn't it? ;) I'm amazed these are already flying and buzzing around, considering it's technically still winter over here (when I woke up today, the ground was frozen (yes, with ice and all that) and we had some snow...)
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123: It was probably one of the first to start getting active this year. :D

[align=center]Moonrise Cover

Source

A CD cover I had to make as part of one of my classes this year. The task was to use text as the main element.

This is an actual album, if you're into metal and MLP, you should definitely check out the links I put in the description on deviantart. ;)

Hope you like it, and until next time. :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Now that there is a new season of MLP:FIM airing, I'm planning to make one drawing inspired by every episode. Here's the first one about the first two episodes:

[align=center]Role Reversal

Source
(for bigger size and also a link to the uncolored one etc.)[/align]

Fluttershy is getting some serious competition when it comes to staring here. xD

So yeah, if I pull through with this idea, there will be 24 drawings in total when the season is over. We'll see if it happens. :D

Hope you like it, and until next time. :)

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Here comes the next drawing regarding new MLP episodes. It was uploaded on sunday, but I think I'll show them in this topic a few days later, to reduce the chances of giving something away because not everyone has seen it yet. ;)

[align=center]This Takes The Cake

Source
(for bigger size and also a link to the uncolored one etc.)[/align]

How exhausted do you have to be to use a cake as a pillow anyway. xD

I had 6 moments to choose from this time, let's see if the next episode will make that as difficult as this one. :D

Hope you like it and until next time ;)
RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not watching MLP here so I can't be possibly spoiled :p

Definitely impressive work again (like the previous one ^^). Most MLP art I see on DA is crap... this is not  :lol

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123: Thanks :)

I have two new pictures this time (because I forgot to post last week xD)
..wait...it's actually 5, sort of xD

[align=center]Princess of the Night

Source

Just a simple something I made using the official Funko Luna. I was really excited to try this when I noticed that the whole mane is transparent, even if it doesn't seem that way.

At first I didn't even want to upload that one, because it was so simple that the photo was done in less than one hour, but I got encouraged by Malte279 to upload it anyway

[align=center]Happy Birthday Jan

Source
(for bigger size and also the uncolored version)[/align]

It wass Jananimations birthday a few day, so I decided to make something for him :)

You don't know who Jananimations is? Here are some links:
www.ask-thecrusaders.tumblr.com

Youtube

(And believe me when I say that it's worth checking out his stuff ;) )

[align=center]Princess of the Smirk

Source
(for bigger size and also the uncolored version)[/align]

The drawing for the episode two weeks before, and also...

[align=center]Solar Eclipse 20.3.2015 - Luna Edition

Source
(wallpaper resolution as a download)[/align]

Credit for this idea goes to Malte279, and well he sure was right that this would fit together. :D

[align=center]Supposed to be Family?

Source
(for bigger size etc)[/align]

And as a last one the picture I made related to last week's episode. The choice was a tough one, I can tell you. :D

That's it for now, hope you like it and..until next time. :)

RS

(ps: more LBT fanart is planned and I'm already making it, but original stuff tends to be a bit more time-consuming and besides drawing I'm currently very busy with photography stuff. In other words - that will come someday. I just don't know when xD).

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's time for an update again ;)

[align=center] My Little Fluttershy: Awkward Storytelling

Source

[align=center]It's a secret!

Source

Two more great episodes, two more drawings. :D
The Discord episode was tough though, because it was full of great moments. The one with Gilda was quite easy, I knew it right when I saw this that this would be what I draw. :D

[align=center]Rock 'N' Roll!

Source

Who still remembers this gem of a movie? :D

I was in Vienna last week for some photo shootings and there was an artist gallery in one of the shops in the bulding I chose for a photo series. That's where I discovered this thing:
http://pre11.deviantart.net/0809/th/pre/i/...ion-d8w45zm.jpg

Quite expensive (designed by an artist after all) but after I had time to look at the statue for two days in a row, I decided to just get it. It does look somewhat cool in my room. :D

And well, Lilo&Stitch was and still is one of my absolute favourites, so here's a little tribute to that. Actually, a lot of movies I really like had Chris Sanders working on them. Coincidence? I think not. :D

If you're interested, this guy made the statue I got in Vienna: www.britto.com/

There might not come new drawings for a while because I have some photos to edit, and my drawing for MLP episode 100 might be something special as well ;) Also, no spoilers in the comments please. :)

That's it for now, and if someone is interested in the uncolored versions, they are all linked in the descriptions on deviantart. ;)

Hope you like it and until next time
RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Great drawings as usual :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since you're saying that you want to make one drawing for each episode of season 5, I'd better point out that you apparently skipped over one of them (the one in Appleloosa with Troubleshoes).

On that note, the ones you've made so far look pretty good. Good luck on going all the way with this season-long project.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jun 10 2015 on  02:42 AM
Since you're saying that you want to make one drawing for each episode of season 5, I'd better point out that you apparently skipped over one of them (the one in Appleloosa with Troubleshoes).
...ehehehe. :oops

There you go, and thanks for telling me this. I absolutely forgot to post that one here. xD

[align=center]Uhm...Ah just won?

Source

And thanks for the comments, you two ;)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
As I said in my other art topic, this is the second thing I did last night.

[align=center]Rock 'N' Roll! - Digital Version

Source

(he has a transparent shadow underneath, kinda hard to see on dark backgrounds like the one here ;) )

I just felt like doing this, maybe I'll print it out for my room or something, it certainly would fit in here. :D

And yeah, photos were edited as well, dunno when I'll be able to upload those but they will come for sure.

Hope you like this one, and until next time ;)

And I'm going to sleep like I am dead now. xD

Good night. :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Like a Million Bits!

Source

Once again posted some time after the episode aired to avoid spoiling the episode for someone.
This was a really hard choice, but after watching some moments over and over again, this scene was my final choice.

Did I mention that it was originally Derpy who got me into the MLP fandom? Back in 2012 I was just watching episodes, but noticed her name in the youtube comments. So I wanted to know, did some research and a few weeks later I joined the biggest german mlp fansite. :D

What did you guys think of the episode, and were there any favourite moments?
And let's hope we're making it to 200 episodes. :D

Hope you like it and until next time ;)

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Patterns Emerge

Source

Hm...I feel like I have seen something like that lately already, but I can't quite r...

This Takes The Cake

Oh. Right. xD

Guess our little newcomer princess gets to learn the meaning of the phrase "Sleep is for the Weak" in season 5. :D
Also, everything is comfortable if you are tired enough. I can confirm this. xD

And the second thing I have is somewhat special to me. I took this photo almost year ago to participate in a certain event that just started yesterday. What kind of event? Well...

[align=center]

Source

When I was in Egypt, or rather, before I went there, I thought that I just had to take something with me for a PATW event. When I was there, I never visited any sights (I've seen them already), so I decided to do something really unusual and took Derpy on a small diving/swimming trip. When I found a nice place for a photo, this happened.

A fish checking out the figurine (can't eat it, bye) and then continuing its way. Something like that is like winning a million in the lottery to me. I was really exited about getting this shot. :D

And yeah, this is no fake, Derpy was really there. Here you can see some more (unedited) shots and the last one actually shows this place from another angle, that was when I discovered it. :D

Stashed.

Now I kinda wanna go back to the red sea...I love swimming and water and so on^^

I know some MLP Fans are here, so...anyone participating in Ponies Around the World this year, too? If you never heard of it, it is an event hosted by Equestria Daily. ;)

And well, hope you like this update, and until next time. :)

(I really need to go swimming in the near future again)

RS

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, Kor. :)

And now, after a lot of planning and working and whatever else was required, I can show you what was it that kept me from drawing more stuff that I did lately. :D

(sorry, I had to remove this - it might come back after some time maybe ;) )

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]I don't even know anymore.

Source

The animation guys at DHX have a lot of fun lately, I can tell. And I absolutely love it. :D

The last episode was really nice as well and was a cool flashback, which was especially cool when you joined the fandom early on. If the season keeps up what we have seen so far, I'm very excited for what else they came up with. :)

Hope you like this, and until next time

RS

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree and that image was a very humorous scene.  I hope Twilight's original friends don't just vanish into the background.