The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Stardust anything

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^Same, I've lived in a suburban area my entire life.

In one word, describe your GOF experience. Also give a rating from a scale of 1-10.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
@ ImpracticalDino: My one word would be "satisfying". And overall I'd rate it a 9/10 so far. I've really enjoyed my time here, and the members are all nice. It stands out all the more because I've been in some really toxic, unpleasant, and even abusive online communities in the past, so this is a refreshing change of pace.

@ Anagnos: Spending a fun day with friends and family, eating pizza for supper, listening to oldies music later that evening, and then relaxing in the hot tub before bed.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What time of your past do you remember most fondly?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, this is a PG site after all. :)

Do you have phobias of anything in particular?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ Anagnos: None of these are really confined to specific years, but there's a few things I have fond memories of, often related to various homes I've lived in or visited:

- Visiting family in British Columbia, and hanging out at either my grandmother & grandfather's house, or else my aunt & uncle's house. In particular, I loved spending time in my aunt & uncle's hot tub, and I remember one night when we had "oldies night" and we all took turns listening to various songs from the 60s to 80s. Or else one afternoon when me and my mom and aunt were sitting out on the lawn with Bacardi Breezers.

- Shortly after my mother divorced my father, she moved into this set of condo buildings and I lived there with her and my brother for a few years. I have consistently fond memories of that home.

- For that matter, the house my mother and father (and me and my brother) lived in before my parents divorced. I lived there for 10 years, and it was such a lovely home. My father and I didn't always get along back then, so there was a lot of strife as well. But all in all, out of all the places I've ever lived in, that's the one I miss the most. I wish my family still owned that house.

- For a more recent memory, my mother and I went on a road trip last year, and that was a lot of fun. Especially the couple of nights where we stayed at a hot springs resort.

@ ImpracticalDino: I remember as a kid, I used to have a very strong phobia of wasps, although I've gotten over it since then. In my adults years... well, I have a strong fear of being rejected, which is a factor in why I've been single all my life. I don't know if that would count as a "phobia" per say, but in all honesty it is one of my biggest fears.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ooh, Bacardi Breezers. Those are good. :^^spike

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Probably when I graduated from college and got my diploma. Even though I hated the program itself :P, it was still satisfying to get that completed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:27:54 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Are you closer to your father as of today? (figuratively)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes. Ironically it happened when we became further apart literally; as in, once I was no longer living with him. Him and I had a major personality clash when we still lived under the same roof. But once I was able to move away and into my own place, our relationship noticeably began to improve. It was sometimes a rocky road even after that, but by and large him and I do get along consistently better now. It helps that, over the past several years, we've both grown and matured a lot as people, and we understand each other better than we used to.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Were there any major lessons you learned the hard way in life, or did it all come naturally to you?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What technology from a science fiction movie would you most like to have?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ ImpracticalDino: There were many major lessons that I learned the hard way. There's a lot of things in my life that, looking back, involved a lot of trial-and-error, perhaps more than I would have liked. Although there were some things that came naturally as well.

@ Anagnos: The first thing that came to mind was a lightsaber, but I don't know how practical that would be in day-to-day living. Not to mention dangerous. :Mo

So I'd probably go with a cloaking device instead. Turning invisible would be cool. :duckyhappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is your opinion of reality TV shows?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There aren't any that I watch at the moment. While I don't have anything against reality TV, per say, at the same time I don't think it's something that would appeal to me. Nearly all the TV shows I watch are fictional.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If I remember correctly, you live in Alberta, Canada, right? If I got that right, my question to is: Have you been to any other provinces in Canada? Have you been to any countries outside Canada?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes to all three of those.

When I'm not residing in Alberta, the province I visit the most is British Columbia, as I have extended family out there. I typically visit BC at least once a year. In fact, I'm going out there again later this summer. :) I have also been to Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Newfoundland, albeit for much more sporadic visits.

As for other countries, I've only ever been outside of Canada a few times in my life. But I have been to the United States more than once. I also went on a cruise one time and I got to visit Mexico, as well as a couple other countries further south of Mexico (I forget which ones exactly, but it may have been Guatemala and Belize).

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen a solar eclipse in person before?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately not, although I would very much like to someday. Especially when I talked to Flathead770 about it and he described the experience as "amazingly bizarre". That makes me incredibly curious.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Same here, it sparked my interest too when Flathead770 talked about it in his Ask Me thread. The pictures taken for the solar eclipse he saw one time definitely drew me even further in. It was surprising simple in how he did it. You'd know if you read the process in the thread, or if he told you about it already. :)