The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time XV

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time + Dinosaur = The Land Before Time XV A Life Saving Journey

Hard Sky Ice (Hailstorm) suddenly appears and destroys all of the green food in the Great Valley, and mortally wounds Chomper when he get's struck in the head by one, and the herds leave. The gang set out to find the cure, so Chomper won't die, and so their herds will not break up after a disagreement (again).

What do you think of that Movie Idea, and we can change it a bit, to?

Other Topics that are linked to this Main Topic:P.S. This topic will also discuss certain mini topics in this Main Topic about this Movie Idea (If you get what I'm trying to say).

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
About this movie idea. It sounds okay, but how big would the hail be? Because I don't think that just the little hail storms are enough to mortally wound Chomper. Because (let's get into a little paleontology here) the Tyrannosaurus' skull was harder than metal, even a baby's skull was probably pretty strong. So Chomper's head would be pretty strong even if he is small and golf ball sized hail probably couldn't do much damage. Large hail, say the size of a small bike or something heavy like a bowling ball that weighs the same, now we're getting somewhere.

I can understand it deystroying all the green food and water, but it would have to be pretty icy and hard to destroy all the green food. and it would have to be really icy to get rid of the water. If it's really small not a chance of that really happening. And it would have to go into the roots of the plant to really destroy it, so it would freeze the plants so the wouldn't grow back. Since plants can't function and/or grow back.

I say it's a good idea, just need a little bit off changing here and there. Like really huge hailstorms

And thank you for posting the small discussions in here because it was hard to keep up with all this. And as your helper for this or something...I should keep up with all your ideas on how to help you. Right? And I think some of the other members were getting a little annoyed by your random topics everywhere. Once again, thank you :)

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 20 2011 on  06:31 PM
About this movie idea. It sounds okay, but how big would the hail be? Because I don't think that just the little hail storms are enough to mortally wound Chomper. Because (let's get into a little paleontology here) the Tyrannosaurus' skull was harder than metal, even a baby's skull was probably pretty strong. So Chomper's head would be pretty strong even if he is small and golf ball sized hail probably couldn't do much damage. Large hail, say the size of a small bike or something heavy like a bowling ball that weighs the same, now we're getting somewhere.
Everyone is supposed to survive the Hailstorm, I can't make the Hail to big otherwise no one will survive it.
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 20 2011 on  06:31 PM
I can understand it deystroying all the green food and water, but it would have to be pretty icy and hard to destroy all the green food. and it would have to be really icy to get rid of the water. If it's really small not a chance of that really happening. And it would have to go into the roots of the plant to really destroy it, so it would freeze the plants so the wouldn't grow back. Since plants can't function and/or grow back.
How about adding Damaging Winds to the Large Hail as well, because there will be a Tornado, outside The Great Valley.

P.S. You noticed the word (Untitled) right, the reason is, I can't come up with a title for this one, can you help me?

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:huh: ...Is this your idea of a disaster movie or are you just asking more pointless questions? If you wanna make a good movie come up with something original. No wars, crossovers, or natural disaster-type ideas. Those gimmicks  are used too much in fan-fiction. I can see a hailstorm destroying all the veggies but how the hell could it destroy the water supply? And a hail storm is not just going to hit Chomper it is going to hit many other dinosaurs.

My other question to you is, are you Really going to make a movie for real? Or a trailer? Maybe show us a script? Cuz' this is not a good idea, to say the least. Just sayin'.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: oogaboo,Jan 20 2011 on  09:59 PM
Is this your idea of a disaster movie or are you just asking more pointless questions? If you wanna make a good movie come up with something original. No wars, crossovers, or natural disaster-type ideas. Those gimmicks  are used too much in fan-fiction.
Well what would you suggest if not natural disasters? This is an LBT fanfiction, and the series takes place millions of years ago. There isn't going to be any kind of technology back then, so no technological-based disasters. The only thing left is natural disasters, like hailstorms, tornadoes, mudslides, etc. The only way to use something non-crossover related when it comes to disasters is using natural disasters, in the case of LBT.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: oogaboo,Jan 20 2011 on  06:59 PM
:huh: ...Is this your idea of a disaster movie or are you just asking more pointless questions? If you wanna make a good movie come up with something original. No wars, crossovers, or natural disaster-type ideas. Those gimmicks are used too much in fan-fiction. I can see a hailstorm destroying all the veggies but how the hell could it destroy the water supply? And a hail storm is not just going to hit Chomper it is going to hit many other dinosaurs.
I made a mistake, I'll only have the hail, and wind destroy the Green Food only.
Quote from: oogaboo,Jan 20 2011 on  06:59 PM
My other question to you is, are you Really going to make a movie for real? Or a trailer? Maybe show us a script? Cuz' this is not a good idea, to say the least. Just sayin'.
Help me make this and I'll show you the Plot Summary, but not the not Script, OK.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think this is an idea that could be quite interesting. :yes
As for the plausibility of hail being strong enough to injure dinosaurs, there CAN be rather big hailstones and it is the kind of matter where I think it doesn't hurt too much (not the reader anyway) to simply presume such a hail storm could cause the respective injury. I think it would also be possible to create a scenario in which it was plausible for just Chomper to get hurt for example if everyone has taken cover but in different places (hailstorms usually come so suddenly that they wouldn't have the time to all move to the same cave) Chomper might worry about the absence of someone that against all judgment he runs of to find that someone (could be Ruby, or Ducky for example who might have taken cover under the water surface of a lake).
Large hailstorms are usually limited to relatively small areas and are therefore unlikely to cause as far reaching destruction as for example the leaf-gobblers in LBT 5 would.
We know from LBT 6 that there is kind of a "frontier" region of the Great Valley which seems to be freely accessible to sharpteeth. Maybe rather that leaving the Great Valley altogether the hail may force the leafeaters to temporarily move into that rather dangerous region. This might also give additional importance to Chomper being the one who is injured because with his excellent sense of smell (providing warning) and his ability to talk to Sharpteeth (e.g. in order to wait near the "entrance" to that part of the Great Valley to pretend that it is where he is coming from and to keep any sharpteeth from entering by telling either that there is no prey there or else some horror stories about the lone dinosaur or other leafeaters more dangerous than sharpteeth simply hunting for food want to encounter). Even some of the adult dinosaurs might see this and therefore be interested to nurse Chomper back to health.
As for that however I think it wouldn't work out too well to just have him eat some plant for him to be perfectly healthy again simply because so physical injury as such a blow to the head don't work that way (though I imagine there could be funny scenes of everyone trying to get poor injured Chomper to eat green stuff that is more likely to empty his stomach rather than providing any help.
There are more possibilities for interesting scenes with an injured Chomper. For example when delirious he might talk about stuff he wouldn't usually talk about to his friends (hunting experiences from earlier days or the like). There is also the option of the knock on the head making him forget about things, though that one is an element frequently used in many stories so I guess it would be good if one found something new about it if it was to be used.
In any case I think your scenario is one that could work out well. I'm always looking for stories that avoid the omnipresent elements of crossing over, war, attitudes very unfitting for the LBT characters and the like. I think your scenario is one in which all those elements could be avoided but still make for a good story :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
PS: I see that the linked topics here have all been posted a long time ago (back in 2009) so everybody, please take notice that JBJB1029 has not started a number of new threads about this.
I really think that the ideas for the story can be discussed in this thread entirely unless there is a very good reason to move to any other.
It would be good though if you would give another title for this thread for anything titled "The Land before Time XV" is pretty likely to cause confusion or create rumors. It ought to be quite clear that a fanfiction and not a new movie is the topic of this thread.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I loved both movies, but I don't really like the idea of crossing them over. Let Aladar and Littlefoot have their own set of adventures. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ I admit I hadn't even spotted the reference to the Disney movie Dinosaur so far. I totally agree with 2007excalibur2007 though. There is no need for several stories to be crossed over just because one likes several franchises. The basic idea of the story is one that I think can work but I think it could also be spoiled by crossing overs, technical stuff, and other elements that don't fit well into the world of LBT.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 21 2011 on  03:55 AM
^ I admit I hadn't even spotted the reference to the Disney movie Dinosaur so far. I totally agree with 2007excalibur2007 though. There is no need for several stories to be crossed over just because one likes several franchises. The basic idea of the story is one that I think can work but I think it could also be spoiled by crossing overs, technical stuff, and other elements that don't fit well into the world of LBT.
Actually it's not a crossover I'm just using some scenes from Dinosaur to help create my idea.

P.S. How do creaters create Movie Names like these:
  • The Great Valley Adventure
  • Time of the Great Giving
  • Journey through the Mists
  • The Mysterious Island
  • The Secret of Saurus Rock
  • The Stone of Cold Fire
  • The Big Freeze
  • Journey to Big Water
  • The Great Longneck Migration
  • Invasion of the Tinysauruses
  • The Great Day of the Flyers
  • The Wisdom of Friends
I don't know how they come up with those titles (in the list above), I can't come up with a title for this one (The Land Before Time XV) can you help me, please :cry ?

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 21 2011 on  08:22 PM
  • The Mysterious Island
  • The Stone of Cold Fire
  • The Big Freeze
  • Journey to Big Water
  • The Wisdom of Friends
I don't know how they come up with those titles (in the list above), I can't come up with a title for this one (The Land Before Time XV) can you help me, please :cry ?
They usually have expert writers who have done tons of movies that come up with the titles. I know, coming up with a title, even if just for a chapter, is sometimes the hardest part of writing a fanfiction.

You did say there was a storm or something in the story? :bang  :unsure:

If so, then how about "The Land Before Time XV: In the Path of the Storm" or "The Land Before Time XV: In the Path of the Hurriance" or "The Land Before Time XV: A New Kind of Storm"? :unsure:

You get to choose. :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If it's not too late, I have an idea for a different kind of natural disaster. Instead of a hailstorm, how about an ice storm? If it can get cold enough in the Great Valley for snow to fall, then there is definitely a possibility of something like this happening. The cause of such a storm is freezing rain, which is rain that hits the ground when surface temperatures are below freezing, causing the water to freeze instantly and form a sheet of ice on all exposed surfaces. Also, I find it more likely for an ice storm to destroy all the plants in the valley rather than hail. If enough ice builds up on the branches, the weight would cause them to break off. If there is any natural disaster that would be really devastating to the Great Valley, I think it would be an ice storm.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Adder,Jan 21 2011 on  06:15 PM
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 21 2011 on  08:22 PM

• The Mysterious Island

• The Stone of Cold Fire

• The Big Freeze

• Journey to Big Water

• The Wisdom of Friends

They usually have expert writers who have done tons of movies that come up with the titles. I know, coming up with a title, even if just for a chapter, is sometimes the hardest part of writing a fanfiction.

You did say there was a storm or something in the story? :bang  :unsure:

If so, then how about "The Land Before Time XV: In the Path of the Storm" or "The Land Before Time XV: In the Path of the Hurriance" or "The Land Before Time XV: A New Kind of Storm"? :unsure:

You get to choose. :)
Your Forgeting about the Storyline:
Hard Sky Ice (Hailstorm) suddenly appears and destroys all of the green food in the Great Valley, and mortally wounds Chomper when he get's struck in the head by one, and the herds leave. The gang set out to find the cure, so Chomper won't die, and so their herds will not break up after a disagreement (again).
Can anyone create a title from that?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Meh, I'm not very good at making up titles, but after I'm finished the story, I look at some of the more important details and try to think of a title from that.

Also, if it's okay, for the hail destroying the green food and water, why don't you use, I'm not sure what it's called so I'll just give you what it's called in french: Verglais or, in english, freezing rain. It's basically rain that whenever it touches something it freezes. Including plants. So that could work.

EDIT: for spelling :bang

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In my old story, The Land Before Time: Rise of Storm Tide, it was about a major storm amongst other things.

You can find it in my signature, if you are interested in finding a work to reference.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The Hail Storm is just a Natural Disaster that starts this whole thing, here's the Main Storyline "The Children (Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, and Ruby) are trying to Save Chomper's Life."

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, so the main storyline is, they're trying to save Chomper's life. Why don't you work from there and try to figure out a title for it?

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 22 2011 on  07:59 PM
Okay, so the main storyline is, they're trying to save Chomper's life. Why don't you work from there and try to figure out a title for it?
On my own, I can't. But together, we can.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile