The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A question

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Is it possible, if you request it, that you can change your username?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
No, it is just causing confusion. I recall we did so once back when you were very new on the GOF and the name change (from Kron to Bruton) didn't cause much confusion. Nowadays however it would do exactly that. GOF members are not meant to switch names or identities randomly.

PS: your new signature image exceeds the height limits for signature images on the GOF. Please reduce the image size.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But I'm going to be leaving. For good.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we do not change accounts on a whim Bruton. If you wanted to be known as Bron then you should have signed up as that. its too late to make the change, folks know you as Bruton and have for years.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But what if you change your mind as to what you want to be known as? It doesn't seem fair to me.

I had no idea I would want to be called Bron later, but now I do. I wish that we should be able to change our name depending on how we feel now, compared to then.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the forum isnt set up that way though Bruton. once you pick a name you are stuck with it. which is why you should choose your name very carefully, because you will be stuck with it. anyway, since this is your last day, there's really no need to make any sort of change. in reality the only way to change your name is to make a new account and that would be pointless since you said you are leaving anyway. why go through the hassle of setting up a new account when you will never be using it anyway?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can somewhat understand what you are seeking. Over on the Bionicle forum, BZPower, I originally joined back in 2004, but when I decided to resume activity last year after being absent for a few years, I decided I wanted to have a fresh start. They don't allow us to create second accounts; we're stuck with the first one we registered with. But they do allow us to change our usernames, but it comes with a waiting period of 90 days before you can change it again (and when you log in, you have to use the username you originally registered with instead of the one you currently have).

My advice to you for this site: Since you say you're leaving soon anyway, go ahead and leave, and if you decide to come back a few years from now, maybe create a new account with the new name you really want. That's pretty much all I can say about this.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Noname was one of our most prolific posters, one of the first to break 10,000, and he tried to change his name to some Greek thing at one point. He asked and provided reasons and never let up and made a huge deal about it, and the admins still said no. It doesn't happen.