The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2009 GOF Awards coming soon...!

Petrie. · 108 · 7983

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I voted last year, and I'll certainly be voting again this year. Like last year, I'm not expecting to win any awards. The way I see it, I'm just not well-known enough. Sure, I'm here every day and at any time possible, but I've made few contributions to this place. I'm just not one of those volunteer types. But, to tell you the truth, I won't mind even going my whole life without winning an award.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Apr 29 2009 on  02:46 PM
I voted last year, and I'll certainly be voting again this year. Like last year, I'm not expecting to win any awards. The way I see it, I'm just not well-known enough. Sure, I'm here every day and at any time possible, but I've made few contributions to this place. I'm just not one of those volunteer types. But, to tell you the truth, I won't mind even going my whole life without winning an award.
Well, that is not necessarily true. i didn't think I would win an award last year, either, but as I counted the votes for Games, I saw my username appear a lot, and I won. So don't count your chickens/ducks/dragons/dinosaurs/platypuses before they hatch.

EDIT: Also, Malte, thanks for fixing that image thing.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
wow, I just barley qualify to vote, I'll only have been here for 3 months starting next Tuesday (Cinco de Mayo, as a matter of fact).  I don't expect to even have a vote in my favor let alone win anything so I'm not concerned about that, but choosing who to vote for is going to be rough.  I'm so indecisive about little things, plus I haven't gotten to know all of you that well yet.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ah, choices, choices. It's far too easy to get lost in a single decision and continue weighing its facets into eternity. I'll try to be a little more timely about it, though :lol
And I will certainly be voting. This is exciting!

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't think I can even vote yet. Its a shame, my opinions are quite hilarious   :lol

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You can Nanana, you've been here just under two months and you've surpassed the 100 post requirement.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Apr 29 2009 on  10:57 PM
There should be a "Funniest Member" award :idea  :yes.
Problem is every post I've read personally, we take ourselves quite seriously.  I'd have no clue who to vote for.  Most would also chime in I'm much more laid back on funny on IM than I am here.

There is one for those active in the partyroom

That will be one of the changes...that award will not be offered in 2009.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah well. You're right about the funniest member though, I know people who are really serious on the forum while actually real funny on MSN or in real life.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One thing about the Party Room is that by now the huge majority of the games there proves nothing more than that we know our alphabet and even among the many caption this threads there are few captions which are actual "knee-slappers". Last year already a majority decided not to cast a vote on the Gamer Award (by the rules one is permitted to skip up to two awards and still qualify for an award so people are not forced to vote on an award where they really don't know whom to vote for; for example the many who don't play RPGs are not very competent to name someone for the RPG award). Therefore we decided to discontinue it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
More images to pick from for the award drafting would really be of great help and may accelerate the process of draft making. Images fitting for the fanart and project award are particularly sparse as there are not too many scenes (scenes not yet used in awards already) which could refer to art. I think there are some suitable scenes for example in the TV-series episodes "The Canyon of the Shining Stones" and "Search for the Sky Color Stones". If anyone has screenshots from those episodes (or of the TV series in general) it would be really great if you could make them available (through photobucket or Austin's LBT picture collection) so they can be used for awards :yes

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I could get a few screen shots together tomorrow if you still need them malte, I have time then.  I don't know how well the the tv episode ones will come out though, I only have the low quality ones from LBTL's server.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be really great raga :yes
The need for pictures is still there. The quality of the pictures is not overly crucial in this case. As the pictures are down-scaled very much for the purpose of award drafting (so they end up at a height of a mere 50 pixels) even lower quality screenshots will do.
Thank you very much for your help :)

• Spike
    • View Profile

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I went through the two episodes you mentioned Malte, tell me if there any good or if you want more from other episodes/movies.

Link: http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/571635809tFFCMt

are their any qualifications needed to vote
Minimum one month of membership and minimum 100 posts

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Wow. Time passed really fast (hey, it rhymes). ^^
Can't wait to vote. :DD

Looks like I can't defend my title since I barely draw any LBT pics... or being that much online. Ahahaha...ha? o_O XD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot raga. There are some which I think can really work out for an award :yes
Due to family business (a 50th birthday celebration) I won't be able to do anything today, but in general the more screenshots for awards we get the sooner Tim and I will probably have the selection for this year finished.

PS: uhm... I just noticed it is impossible for the pictures to be downloaded unless one has a registered account on that page (something I usually avoid because all too often I made the experience of free registered accounts on various online resources being a trigger for unwanted mail :unsure:). Do you happen to have a photobucket account too raga?