The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Idea for Possible Fan Fic

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm considering writing my first LBT fan fiction at some point; when I'm done working on the Camp Lazlo story I'm writing.

But the basic idea of the story is that the gang (of five) comes across another group of five dinosaurs who like to solve legends. They call themselves the Legend Breakers. (Parody of the Myth Busters).  :lol

I'm watching the LBT films and I'm going to rent a Myth Busters DVD to get research on how they all speak and behave. I believe I have to be as accurate as possible if this fan fic is to be a big hit.

Any thoughts // ideas // opinions?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It sounds like it could be interesting.  One idea is you'd need a few different types so at least some of the group could get to other places.  A swimmer or 2 to get underwater, a flyer, and or a good climber, maybe, who can get to high places, even if the entire group could not get everywhere at least some could get to places the others could not or would find difficult.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting... of the dozens of ideas for LBT fanfics I've had, one of them was very similar to this idea. The only difference was that I thought of two guys instead of five. What kind of ideas are you looking for? I can offer plenty. :yes

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,Jun 24 2008 on  06:35 PM
real legends or science tests?
Yes, could you give us an example?

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
kjeldo: Kind of a mix of both. But keep in mind that these are LBT legends we're dealing with here.

Kor: Thanks for the reminder; they all (or some) have to be diverse from each other. The problem is determining what species they should be. Or... I could just say that this one character (for example) is a swimmer, and you guys can use your imaginations to think of what he/she would look like.

Everyone else: I still don't know yet, it's in the early rough outlines. And plus I'm still working on another story. I feel I should focus on that before going onto the next one.

Thanks for the assistance.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For one if you kept it simple, you'd not have to remember what species you said, this or that character was, or remember and look up the special characteristics that this species has.  Though it is still best to write down some facts.  

You'll have to decide which style you prefer, and I do find, personally, it is better to focus on one thing at a time.   It's all up to you though.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Interesting :)
Do you plan for this to be a true to LBT fanfiction or a crossing over with non LBT contents?

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
and what will be the other group of dinosaurs?

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is going to be a true LBT fan fiction; not one of those ridiculous non-LBT cross over stories on ff.net.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Jun 25 2008 on  08:01 PM
This is going to be a true LBT fan fiction; not one of those ridiculous non-LBT cross over stories on ff.net.
That's the way I'm starting with my first LBT fanfic which still has many errors.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Cool. LBT fanfictions that stick to the movies are rare and it would be a pleasure to read one. There are many possibilities for myths they could be after. For example for one story which I never really developed I was thinking about the tale of a "lost herd". That herd passed through a mountainous region when during an earthquake their only way back was blocked and nobody ever saw any member of that herd again (maybe a hidden Valley in the mountain? Maybe its inhabitants don't WANT word about it to be spread (so the gang might be into trouble when they discover the inhabitants and are discovered by them as they don't mean to let them go again)). Maybe there could be a system of caves within the Great Wall to explore (an element in a story to which I have given a bit more thought), or there is still the option of involving a legend about the stone of cold fire (though personally I think there is a risk to lapse into non-LBT stuff where this is involved).

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just got the third season of Myth Busters from the library, and I'll use the gang in that to get an accurate picture of what they're personalities would be like; not just for doing whatever it will be that they will do; but how they'd react to everything the LBT gang experience on a regular basis.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does sound like it could indeed be interesting.  Good luck.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile