The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 137254

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Springfield is the third most populous city in Missouri.  It has several claims to fame, among them: it is generally recognized as the birthplace of Route 66 and it is also the home of the Springfield Cardinals, a AA team of the St. Louis Cardinals farm system.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Darjeeling is a town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It gives its name to the 2007 drama The Darjeeling Limited.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Greenland - An autonomous country within Denmark and the largest island in the world. Over 80% of the island is covered by the largest ice sheet in the Arctic. This ice sheet has depressed the central land by as much as 300m below sea level. In fact, according to the topography of the underlying bedrock, the island would actually be three large islands if this ice sheet was suddenly removed.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Denamrk or, more formally, the Kingdom of Denmark is a small Nordic country to the south of Sweden and Norway in Western Europe.  The kingdom itself includes the entity of Denmark itself as well as two other countries, the Faroe Islands and Greenland.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Krakatoa is a volcanic island situated in the Sunda Strait between the islands of Java and Sumatra in Indonesia. It's 1883 eruption was was one of the deadliest and most destructive volcanic events in recorded history, and due to its historical recency its effect on modern literature and public perception on volcanos can still be seen today.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Krakatoa is a volcanic island situated in the Sunda Strait between the islands of Java and Sumatra in Indonesia. It's 1883 eruption was was one of the deadliest and most destructive volcanic events in recorded history, and due to its historical recency its effect on modern literature and public perception on volcanos can still be seen today.

EDIT: Oops. Double Post. To keep the last letter the same, let's make Albania the location for this post.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Arizona is the 48th state, and the last contiguous state, that was admitted into the United States.  Its name originates from the name "Arizonac", which in turn was derived from the name "alĭ ṣonak" which means small spring.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Antarctic (Peninsula) - The northernmost part of mainland Antarctica, which lies just 1000 miles away from the southernmost part of South America. Underneath the ice sheet, the underlying bedrock is actually a chain of islands rather than a single landmass. Of the entire continent, it was this land that explorers first discovered in 1820 and some years later first set foot on. Today, this land has seen much more warming due to climate change that almost anywhere else in the world.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Chelsea Star Hotel is a very price-oriented hotel in the middle of Times Square, New York City. I am really in debt for them for having a room super last minute, especially considering the location.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Liechenstein - A tiny country in central Europe, with an area of just 62 sq mi and a population of 35,000. It is located right in the middle of the Alps and is bordered by Switzerland to the west and Austria to the east. It is one of only two countries in the world (the other being Uzbekistan in central Asia) that is doubly landlocked, meaning that one must travel through no less than two other countries the reach any coastline.

- Berix

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Nagasaki- A prefecture in Southern Japan home to the town of Nagasaki, known for being a westernized port city and the second atomic bombing when Kokura was passed up due to weather.  Also home to Nagasaki Prefecture is Sasebo, a US naval city, and Shimabara which was partially destroyed when Mt. Unzen erupted in 1991.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Tripoli, city in modern day Libya.  It was the sight of an American naval siege to rescue the sailors of the Philadelphia from Muslim pirates.  (It was part of the Ottoman Empire more or less then though kinda rogue.)  It is near Benghazi, another city that was controlled by the Bashaw (and is lately known for having four ambassadors die there.)  The pirates on the Barbary Coast often demanded tribute, and Tripoli was one of those.  Most of Europe caved to the pirates too easily, but Jefferson stood up to them.

It is currently the capital of Libya and is also their largest city.  

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, LittlefootAndAliTogether, the rules of the game state that the first letter of your place must be the last letter of the previous place.

Iraq is an predominantly Arab country located in Western Asia.  Most of the population of the country are Muslims, but their are numerous minority populations including those of Christian, Yarsan, Yezidi and Mandean faiths.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Qatar (Arabic: دولة قطر‎ Dawlaṫ Qatar), is a sovereign Arab country located in Southwest Asia, occupying the small Qatar Peninsula on the northeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
We've almost broken 3,000 replies!

The Rhine is a river originating in the Swedish Alps and travels through several countries including Germany and France before emptying into the North Sea in the Netherlands. It has been a significant travelway for trading since the Prehistoric ages and was the source of heated skirmishes for control during the years of the Holy Roman Empire. The Loreley rock, situated at the narrowest and most dangerous part of the river, is associated with several legendary tales, poems and songs.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
England - One of the four countries of the United Kingdom. It covers much of the island of Great Britain, with Scotland to the north and Wales to the west. It's name comes from the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes that settled in the area after the fall of the Roman Empire. It was formed as a unified kingdom sometime in the 10th century, and later joined with Scotland in 1707 to form the United Kingdom.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
D'Arcy is a small village in western Saskatchewan, Canada. The post office started out with the name D'Arcy Station in 1911 and was named after the Father of the Confederation Darcy McGee. D'Arcy School District #3016 was the first one room school house in D'Arcy.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yemen is an Arab country in Southwest Asia, occupying the southwestern to southern end of the Arabian Peninsula. The flag's red, white and black stripes, all taken from the Pan-Arab colors, symbolize the blood of the fallen, hopes for a bright future, and Yemen's troubled past, respectively.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Newfoundland is a large Canadian island off the east coast of the North American mainland, and the most populous part of the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dunwich is a village and civil parish in the English county of Suffolk. It was once the capital of the Kingdom of the East Angles during the Anglo-Saxon period, but most of that ancient town has since eroded into the nearby harbor. It inspired the fictional town of Dunwich in H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.