The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
I have to say, I'm really liking the episodes that feature Starlight Glimmer.

Starlight practices some impressive magic talents with Twilight (such as teleportation, transfiguration, shields, and even some of her own ideas that come from combined spells, like temporary duplication). However, she has not attempted any friendship lessons since Trixie, and with Twilight and Spike out for the day, she attempts to try helping all five of their friends at once.

It's quickly obvious how that doesn't go well, so she hastily decides to combine three spells into one to help her out, but it only makes matters worse. Now all five of her friends have been reduced to emotionless automatons who are completely dependent on her orders to do anything, and follow said orders very literally (I'll admit, I could barely bring myself to watch through that part of the episode). Starlight struggles to make the best of it, but ends up making things even worse, until Twilight comes home and sees the big mess.

After Twilight removes the spell from her friends, she then helps Starlight understand that what she did was very wrong, and the next day, Starlight apologizes to them for her actions. In the end, after their friends decide to help her clean up the big mess in the castle, Starlight finally understands the real purpose behind those friendship lessons; not to be better at doing things, but simply having a good time with good friends.

By the way, I noticed throughout this episode that we got to see some other rooms in the castle for the first time, such as Starlight's bedroom (among the pictures on the wall is a portrait of Trixie and one with the old equal symbol crossed out). Always nice to see new places, even if they're inside a building that's already been around for some time.

(end spoilers)

Next Saturday will show not only another new episode, but also the next Equestria Girls movie (albeit only on Netflix). I expect people to post it online not long after, so I'll definitely be looking forward to it next week.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Watch hasbro yank it off YouTube as soon as someone uploads it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

I don't know what ADFan185 is talking about, but this was actually a good episode. (Seriously, go in depth, bub!  Don't make such short posts that barely explain anything.  Discuss WHY you didn't like it.) My thoughts below.

One thing becomes obvious with Starlight Glimmer in this episode right off the bat.  It's the fact that she's VERY good at magic.  Not just being able to use powerful spells, but also combine different spells into new ones.

However, she hasn't done a friendship lesson since Trixie.  In fact, it's also obvious how nervous she is about tackling such things.  Despite this, Starlight decides to tackle the friendship lessons she's been putting off while Spike and Twilight are away.  However, she decides to tackle them all at once.

Anyone can guess how badly that goes.  We've seen Twilight when she freaks out, but Starlight is on a whole other level when it comes to freak outs.  She hyperventilated and did not think straight.  Resulting in her using a combination spell to fix this problem.  The spell made the five obedient to her every whim, with zero way of thinking straight.  This sort of thing results in a disaster that you just have to watch as it unfolds.

"How can things get any worse?" How about Twilight gets back home.  There ya go, Starlight!  Things are worse!

After fixing the spell that was on her friends, Twilight helps Starlight understand how wrong of a thing she did.  She has Starlight apologize.

Now, a lot of people seem to forgot the kind of ponies that Twilight's friends are.  If you are sincere and honest with your apology and truly sorry, they will see it and be willing to give you another chance.  Starlight accomplishes this and the five choose to help her clean up the place.

During this time, Starlight unwittingly tackles those friendship lessons she was putting off.  What she was worried about was not being good at that stuff, but that sort of thing doesn't matter with true friends, whom are willing to help you out.  There was just one last lesson.  Chillaxing with Rainbow Dash.  Chillaxing is something that Starlight needs to work on as well it seems.

Again, a good episode.  Next time, Twilight has to figure out what happened when three of her friends have different stories.

See ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~MOVIE LEAK~

My Little Pony Equestria Girls - Legends of Everfree has been leaked a week early!  You can catch it on YouTube before it disappears below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7QTZwc6Zeo

Enjoy and expect my review later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was alright to me the show is going Down hill slowly. It stopped being good after the first two or three seasons.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice I'll watch it soon and I two will give my two cents on it.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Technically, this movie was not leaked. What really happened is that it actually aired in Brazil this past Saturday. Now, you might think that this means we would see it only in the country's language, Brazilian Portuguese, but the network apparently gives viewers the option to select a different language to play it in, including English. And considering just how massive the brony community is (and that Brazil is a rather large country), it was pretty much inevitable that someone over there would post the English version online.

I was a little too busy yesterday to get a change to watch it, and that video you linked is already taken down. Thankfully, a quick search later and I was able to find another video of the full movie and got to watch it this afternoon. Don't expect to be so lucky for the rest of the week, because literally just minutes after I had finished watching that video, it had also been taken down. Just as well, because it was slightly disrupted in a couple of places, so even though it was watchable, I'd rather wait another week for the official US release before trying to watch it a second time (and I'm planning to watch it plenty more times). I'll wait until after I've seen it a few more times next week before I post my thoughts on it.

For now, now that I've seen this movie at least once, I can now start planning my next fanfition. :)

- Berix

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't need to waste my time watching something over and over again to make my review of it. I just need to see it once than I review it. So one I watched it I thought it was gonna suck and be s complete waste of my time watching this movie. But as I watched it I had my mind Changed a bit. It was ACTUALLY a pretty decent movie I thought. The new characters I thought where okay. Timber Spruce grew on me as the movie went on. Gloria was a little annoying trying to handle everything her self even tho she failed on that part big time. It was kinda nice to get a human version of Filthy Rich in this movie even tho I can't stand him. And of course it was awesome to have all of the background characters in the movie. Derpy, the couple Lyra and Bon Bon Vinyl Scratch Octavia And the rest of the gang. The plot was pretty decent I thought where everyone was there to help save the camp and fight off Gloria's evil form. Music as always very well done the songs where amazing and very catchy. The powers they had where very amazing and awesome. Pinkie Pie's exploding sprinkles where awesome and cool. I loved how Sunset Shimmer looked through Pinkie Pies mind and saw her crazy and amazing thoughts she thinks of. So all and all I did enjoy the movie for what it was. I'll give it a 8/10 witch is very kind of me. And I don't mind watching it again to be honest with you guys.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
UK IS GETTING THE LAST 4 EPISODES OF THE SEASON EARLY!!
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/09/the-...arly-in-uk.html

Yep!  It's true!  And you know those in the UK are going to post those episodes on YouTube ASAP!  Expect the early releases on YouTube to be posted then!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's awesome I'm looking forward to these episodes coming out.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Hello Everybody!!  Today not only marks a new episode, but the big debut of the new Equestria Girls movie!  I would suggest those who have Netflix to watch the movie there as I have been informed there are scenes that will only be on that version.  So even if you were spoiled by the Brazil Version, you should watch it again just for those scenes.  As for today's episode, get the summary below!

Summary: Twilight must find out the truth when different versions of the story come from Pinkie, Applejack and Rarity about their boat trip and they are mad at each other.

Exciting, no?  Links for the streams below!

Season 6 Episode 22 - PPOV Live Stream

I will point out that I did not completely see the movie.  As such, I'll be watching it today.  So, tomorrow you should get two reviews from me.

As always though, expect the episode links later today.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Don't need it I already saw the movie no point now. But I'll watch the new episode later today looking forward to it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

Well, here's the new episode.  Hope you all enjoy!  I know I did!

Season 6 Episode 22 - PPOV YouTube Version

See ya tomorrow for my reveiws! :)littlefoot

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Again not the best kinda sucked like always. I thought the plot was rushed and not needed. The whole fight was dumb and pointless. They blamed all of this stuff on each other for no reason at all. The far fetched stories of each where kinda entertaining not really. So I will say that this episode not good. I give it a 5/10 for this weeks episode.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
Another interesting episode. Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack had such a rough trip that they refuse to even be near each other, forcing Twilight and Spike to go to each of them to find out what happened.

All three stories followed a basic set of similar events, but each of them differed in the details, especially in how everyone apparently behaved. I'm sure there will be some fans who will use the clues from all three stories and attempt to figure out what really happened down to every detail.

Anyway, Twilight figures out the key similarity was the cucumber sandwiches going overboard and realizes the real cause of the boat sinking was an unintentional act from a friendly sea monster. In addition, each of the three ponies wanted to provide a unique experience for the two others to "bring them out of their comfort zone", all without realizing the others had the same general idea, too.

Not much else to say, but still a rather interesting kind of episode.

(end spoilers)

Even though I'm aware that all four remaining episode will be showing early in the UK this coming week, I've decided to not watch them and instead wait for the episodes each Saturday as I normally would. It's just too much effort to keep up with it all in a single week, and unlike with Equestria Girls, I'm in no rush to find out what happens.

As for the new Equestria Girls movie, I'm afraid I've been unable to find it available online today (I don't have Netflix, and I don't want to see the Brazil broadcast again with its interruptions and annoying network graphics). I'm hoping it will be available either tomorrow or the day after, so if anyone could find a video of the full movie (Netflix version, not Brazil version), I would really appreciate a link.

- Berix

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well if that's the only version than you'll have to watch that one. I did and I'm glad I did I didn't care about that stuff.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~EPISODE REVIEW POST~

Man, talk about something that was at least entertaining.

In this one, Twilight and Spike (Twilight being so excited that she tired out Spike.) get to the train station to see Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie return from their boat trip. (Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are conveniently away at their High School Reunion that we don't get to see.  At least the writers gave a reason for them to not be around.) However, when they get back, the three of them aren't in the best of moods and take off in different directions from one another. (A nice touch, Pinkie being Pinkie climbs over the train when she leaves.)

Seeing that they are upset, Twilight decides to find out what happened.  They each have their own story to tell.  I did at least enjoy the made up versions of the characters of each of the stories. (To some extent.) Captain Applejack was a riot and the idea of Rarity bringing too many ponies I could see happening.  Anyways, none of them give a concrete story. (Not even Applejack, the Element of Honesty.)

However, they did have similarities.  The big one being cucumber sandwiches being tossed overboard.  Twilight suddenly figures out what was going on and she gets all three of them back together so she can explain what happened.  Turns out, it was some sort of sea monster that enjoys cucumber sandwiches which capsized their boat.  On top of that, each of them were just trying to bring the other two out of their element to have some fun on the trip.

I could definitely see the fans trying to piece this together.  Best to keep an eye on Fimfiction to see what they come up with for it.

I'll give my movie review next.  Oh and Chronicler, don't worry too much about seeing the full version.  I've got you covered there.  I just need to find a good time to record it with my new screen recorder.  There's sadly too much background noise right now to give a decent recording.

Anyways, next time we have a Friendship Problem at Wonderbolt Academy.  This time, it's Rainbow Dash and Twilight.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Well I've finally managed to watch the latest episodes so with the exception of episode 20, I'm pretty much caught up with this season. I tried watching the episode on Dailymotion but then an ad popped up, got blocked, and messed up the video so it wasn't showing anything. I wonder if episode 20 might be on Google Video 'cause I don't think Dailymotion's going to work for me and Youtube only has clips from the episode.

Also, the latest episodes were pretty good. Wondering how the new Equestria Girls is going to be.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I did another search on Dailymotion today and, just as I had anticipated, I only had to wait an extra day for someone to upload the clean and complete version from Netflix (albeit in two parts), so yes, I finally got to see the whole movie in its entirety. I guess this is just another case of patience is a virtue. I'll post my thoughts later this week, once I can find the time to do so.

- Berix

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's hope next weeks episode is better than this weeks episode.